Dion is about to get a ton more shots if he stays in OKC. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dion is about to get a ton more shots if he stays in OKC.

I know people are upset and trying to find any possible way they could lose, but this has to be the greatest amount of talent assembled since the 80's lakers or celtics. They are better than those Heat teams with Lebron.

There will be a certain amount of less shots for people maybe, but I could see Curry averaging say 10 assists instead of scoring 30 a game.

The best chance any other team has against them is KD and Curry aren't exactly mr durable, and roster spots 7-10 will be significantly weaker.

Even with spots 7-10 not being great with the core 5 of Curry, Thompson, Iggy, KD and Green the bench's role will basically be to just play defense and not let leads shrink or balloon depending on which side of the coin they're on that particular night.

Only way I see them losing in a 7 game series is if LeBron goes crazy again, Kyrie eats Curry up again and then with Iggy, KD and Green not having a ton of bulk that a Thompson, Love and LeBron type frontline can kill them in the paint and on the glass. All of those are far from a guarantee. Also, not sure how that front line will match up with them on the other end.

Even with spots 7-10 not being great with the core 5 of Curry, Thompson, Iggy, KD and Green the bench's role will basically be to just play defense and not let leads shrink or balloon depending on which side of the coin they're on that particular night.

Only way I see them losing in a 7 game series is if LeBron goes crazy again, Kyrie eats Curry up again and then with Iggy, KD and Green not having a ton of bulk that a Thompson, Love and LeBron type frontline can kill them in the paint and on the glass. All of those are far from a guarantee. Also, not sure how that front line will match up with them on the other end.

Totally, but we saw this year that if Curry is banged up anything is possible add that to Durant's foot woes and it's hardly a guarantee both guys play 75 games next year. If Thompson/Dray have to do the heavy lifting they won't have as much help as they did this year.

Totally, but we saw this year that if Curry is banged up anything is possible add that to Durant's foot woes and it's hardly a guarantee both guys play 75 games next year. If Thompson/Dray have to do the heavy lifting they won't have as much help as they did this year.

Agree 100%, injuries could end up being a huge equalizer between them and the rest of the league. Can potentially even throw Iggy's back issues into the mix depending on what exactly was going on with him and he keeps getting older.

I know people are upset and trying to find any possible way they could lose, but this has to be the greatest amount of talent assembled since the 80's lakers or celtics. They are better than those Heat teams with Lebron.

There will be a certain amount of less shots for people maybe, but I could see Curry averaging say 10 assists instead of scoring 30 a game.

The best chance any other team has against them is KD and Curry aren't exactly mr durable, and roster spots 7-10 will be significantly weaker.
My God...How did Detroit ever beat LA?

My God...How did Detroit ever beat LA?

Malone and Payton were a shell of themselves by that point... They were in their late 30's. All four of these guys are in their mid to late twenties, I don't see how it's even comparable.

And Lebron will still beat them. Book it.

They have the pieces to be absolutely unstoppable on offense. Those guys are smart and unselfish, I dont see offensive chemistry being an issue.

Defensively this doesnt help them any and they couldnt stop Cleveland when it mattered. But they can probably outscore them.

I think Durant has improved a lot defensively as well. And he's essentially replacing Harrison Barnes, no tlike he's a stopper.

Lowe had an article about them yesterday, and it really put things into perspective for me. The Warriors have 4 all NBA players between the ages of 25 and 28. That's just insane.

Durant is weak. Leaving to join a 73 win team is as weak as it gets. If you're going to leave, leave for a team that you can push over the edge not a team already on the cusp of multiple titles.

I think i said this in another thread, but I blame the whole "lol, how many rings does he have?" mentality that has taken hold in sports talk culture for this. Lebron went to Miami to make sure he got his. Now KD is doing the same. Sticking with your team and trying to beat the best and maybe coming up short(Malone, Stockton, Ewing, Dan Marino in football, etc.) isnt rewarded, and is actually stupidly mocked by many. Teams win. Which is why going the "rings" route when discussing individual players is often misguided.

Malone and Payton were a shell of themselves by that point... They were in their late 30's. All four of these guys are in their mid to late twenties, I don't see how it's even comparable.

Not talking about 2004

Not talking about 2004

89? Can't take anything away from those Pistons because they pushed the Lakers to 7 in '88 and very well may have won in '89 anyway. But Magic missing most of the series with an injury and Byron Scott missing all of it(sustained in practice because Riley was turning into a psycho and having long and intense practices) with an injury made things much easier for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom