Disorganized,Disheveled ,Disrespected , Disconsolate, Disappointing | Syracusefan.com

Disorganized,Disheveled ,Disrespected , Disconsolate, Disappointing

4389620.jpg

Honestly this was going to be a difficult game even if we had the team we thought we had.

Look at our recent history against them, always a close game, including one that went into OT, and that was with us having good/great teams.

We just lost to UConn, BC, Georgetown, and St Johns. This Va Tech team if not the best it's in the top 3 of the best teams we've played this year.

If we play 5/6 deep, it's a solid core and we have some great players, but success is not sustainable and I think that needs to be accepted. We'll probably be below .500 in the ACC but with the circumstances around this season I don't think expecting better than that is fair or even realistic.

At this point, I just want to see 100% effort out there and I'll be happy and I'll always keep watching. If the 100% effort is there I can't say anything bad about the coaching or the players. That said, something needs to happen quickly, we need to get some recruits who can step in quickly and put us back in the upper half of the ACC or we could be in trouble for the next 5 years.

Honestly this was going to be a difficult game even if we had the team we thought we had.

Look at our recent history against them, always a close game, including one that went into OT, and that was with us having good/great teams.

We just lost to UConn, BC, Georgetown, and St Johns. This Va Tech team if not the best it's in the top 3 of the best teams we've played this year.

If we play 5/6 deep, it's a solid core and we have some great players, but success is not sustainable and I think that needs to be accepted. We'll probably be below .500 in the ACC but with the circumstances around this season I don't think expecting better than that is fair or even realistic.

At this point, I just want to see 100% effort out there and I'll be happy and I'll always keep watching. If the 100% effort is there I can't say anything bad about the coaching or the players. That said, something needs to happen quickly, we need to get some recruits who can step in quickly and put us back in the upper half of the ACC or we could be in trouble for the next 5 years.

True. A question. Someone else posted about Buzz's players. Where does he get these guys? They can handle/shoot/score/dribble. How many Top 100 guys does he have? That Leday, Clark, and Allen look like better pure bball players than any of our guys.

True. A question. Someone else posted about Buzz's players. Where does he get these guys? They can handle/shoot/score/dribble. How many Top 100 guys does he have? That Leday, Clark, and Allen look like better pure bball players than any of our guys.
Some guys are great basketball players but simply undersized, too slow, etc for the big boys to want them. You give them a few years in college, and they blossom. We go for athletic freaks who fit our zone but do not have the basketball talent. The exception on this years team is Lydon. Everyone else has a glaring fault in their fundamentals. White struggles dribbling for heaven's sake and he is a 5th year senior.

Leday transferred from South Florida when Buzz first got the job. He was a 3 star recruit originally. Same with Allen. He was a 3 star originally that transferred from Maryland when they went to the B1G and Clark was a bottom top 100 guy that is a Sophomore.

He gets a lot of good JUCO players too. These aren't elite recruits, but they beat Dukes 5* Freshman and Sophomores and our 4* Freshman and Sophomores. Allen and Leday are polished Seniors. Guys like that in their positions never stick around here. See Tyler Ennis and Malachi Richardson.

Edit: I'll add that while we didn't play good last night, it's hard to cherry pick off one game. We have beaten Buzz a good amount over the years.

Some guys are great basketball players but simply undersized, too slow, etc for the big boys to want them. You give them a few years in college, and they blossom. We go for athletic freaks who fit our zone but do not have the basketball talent. The exception on this years team is Lydon. Everyone else has a glaring fault in their fundamentals. White struggles dribbling for heaven's sake and he is a 5th year senior.

Leday transferred from South Florida when Buzz first got the job. He was a 3 star recruit originally. Same with Allen. He was a 3 star originally that transferred from Maryland when they went to the B1G and Clark was a bottom top 100 guy that is a Sophomore.

He gets a lot of good JUCO players too. These aren't elite recruits, but they beat Dukes 5* Freshman and Sophomores and our 4* Freshman and Sophomores. Allen and Leday are polished Seniors. Guys like that in their positions never stick around here. See Tyler Ennis and Malachi Richardson.

Edit: I'll add that while we didn't play good last night, it's hard to cherry pick off one game. We have beaten Buzz a good amount over the years.

True. I forgot Allen was a Maryland transfer. Obviously I know he gets a bunch of underrated 3* star grinders. Still, though, it sure hasn't been pretty against him lately. One thing which isn't "cherry picking" is harping on our fundmentals which continue to leave a lot to be desired.

True. I forgot Allen was a Maryland transfer. Obviously I know he gets a bunch of underrated 3* star grinders. Still, though, it sure hasn't been pretty against him lately. One thing which isn't "cherry picking" is harping on our fundmentals which continue to leave a lot to be desired.
There's a lot of talent/ parity out there in the high school ranks that can't all be captured by the ranking system. The environment is so ultra competitive that great players go un-noticed. Many schools are able to recruit in their own neighborhood successfully but we are located in the tri- state area where all the programs come to hunt for our talent and lure many away. Real dilemma! This is where you need relationships with quality high school coaches that give you a wink and a nod about talent coming up. Sorry, but JB's demeanor recently must be frightening to potential recruits

I wonder how that zone clinic at DeMatha went over? Gaudio said he and JB did a clinic like two or three years ago there.