Class of 2016 - DL Jerrion Nelson (MO) Offered/ Verbal to Iowa State | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DL Jerrion Nelson (MO) Offered/ Verbal to Iowa State

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Nelson-still-sorting-through-choices-42423556

ANAHEIM, Ca.-
Many of the nation's top talents are in California this week for the 2016 Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl.

One of those players is Columbia (MO) Battle DL Jerrion Nelson, who is looking forward to the week in the Golden State.

"It's going to be great," Nelson told 247Sports. "Competing against people I never competed against. There's going to be a lot of talent here. I'm looking forward to learning a lot and meeting new people."

Nelson is currently uncommitted but recently cut his list down.

"I cut my list to Iowa State, Tulsa, Purdue, and Syracuse," he stated. "I'm taking an official visit to Iowa State on January 15. They're kind of sticking out right now with the coaching staff, with Coach Campbell coming over from Toledo. They offered me at Toledo and Coach Rasheed, the d-line coach, is at Iowa State now, so that's kind of a big deal."

Nelson then spoke about each of his other finalists.

Purdue: "I just love the atmosphere. They have a family feel. It feels like home, feels like Columbia to me."

Syracuse: "I haven't gotten the chance to visit yet. They just got the coaches from Bowling Green. I have to get up there."

Tulsa: "I still have to get down there. I like all the coaches, they seem really cool. It's not too far away from home for me."

As far as a decision comes, fans may have to wait a little bit.

"I'm thinking I'll probably make a decision on Signing Day," he said. "Just the family atmosphere and not being too far from home will be important factors for me."

Nelson is rated as a 3-star prospect, the No. 1,475 overall player, No. 71 strong-side end, and No. 16 player in Missouri per the 247Sports Composite Rankings.

Both Kaufman and Ward are following him on twitter. He had a BGSU offer.

Jerrion I love your game and would love to see you in Syracuse Orange next season! Go Orange!
DL Jerrion Nelson (MO)462919.png

I hope SU isn't too far from home for him. Also hope we can get him up to the Hill to visit

Well if we pick up this kid and I know that we were looking at the Watts kid and the Foster kid, we could make out good.

Well if we pick up this kid and I know that we were looking at the Watts kid and the Foster kid, we could make out good.
We're not going after Watts at all...

i never saw any reports of the semper fi game but i did come across this blurb where Nelson was singled out as having a good practice.

everyone is saying iowa state is the team to beat so this is a needed development

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Semper-Fidelis-Bowl-West-Day-One-Top-Performers-42381340

Defensive Line

Bledsoe, Chambers, and Southall were three of the best, but also deserving mention is Jerrion Nelson.

The uncommitted prospect had a great session during 1-on-1 drills and continued that into the team setting. Iowa State seems to be the top team for the Columbia, Missouri native right now.

i never saw any reports of the semper fi game but i did come across this blurb where Nelson was singled out as having a good practice.

everyone is saying iowa state is the team to beat so this is a needed development

http://No links to . . . allowed on this site.com/Bolt/Semper-Fidelis-Bowl-West-Day-One-Top-Performers-42381340

Defensive Line

Bledsoe, Chambers, and Southall were three of the best, but also deserving mention is Jerrion Nelson.

The uncommitted prospect had a great session during 1-on-1 drills and continued that into the team setting. Iowa State seems to be the top team for the Columbia, Missouri native right now.

Definitely is. We need talented DE's on this team badly. Great development.

Kid looks like a savage in his reel. Destroying QB, straight up tossing dudes out of bounds PLUS 50 yard runs and wildcatting on O #

He's a must get IMO and would be playing week 1 for us, possibly starting

Great great news. Would he be our first ever Semper Fi AA player?

Great great news. Would he be our first ever Semper Fi AA player?

No we had a couple a few years back, Corey Cooper and Tyler Provo both played in the 2013 game. And Wayne Morgan played in the 2012 game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom