Do NOT Run it Down NC State's Throat | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Do NOT Run it Down NC State's Throat

They need to run a balanced offense in a game situation. Practice simply doesn't adequately prepare the team to execute. Sure, keep moving the chains, and if that means running it, ok. But, they've got to get AJ plenty of practice throwing the ball.
I would take a game like the Pinstripe Bowl against WVU anytime. If we run 90% of the time and win...so be it.
Macky MacPherson??
No, but i was just talking to Macky at The Retreat the other day and im at least a foot taller than him and have 80 lbs on him. I coulda been a contenda.

Sure, NC State is weak against the run and SU should be able to run on them. If that's all they do, we will be left with a feel-good victory that does not prepare the team for the upcoming games which will require a balance offense.
You do whatever it takes to win the game. Then you prepare for the following week whatever it takes to win the next game... And so on.

Admin: what happened to my avatar? I forgot who this one belongs to, but I know he posts often and I don't want to ruffle any feathers. Especially since I had nothing to do with putting it there.

A little help, please.
hmmm avatar anxiety.

4 keys to win....1 run strong, 2 pass smart, 3 control clock all game, 4 get TIGHT END involved in RED ZONE !!!!

So we shouldn't exploit a teams weakness with our strength? Mind boggling.

Sure, NC State is weak against the run and SU should be able to run on them. If that's all they do, we will be left with a feel-good victory that does not prepare the team for the upcoming games which will require a balance offense.
Just win baby!

Head scratcher here for sure, it's game 9, we should be ready and prepared. Do whatever it takes to win the game, and if next week it takes something different do that.

If we have any more line injuries we will be suiting up TexanMark and OttoinGrotto. Not sure which one we should run behind.

If we have any more line injuries we will be suiting up TexanMark and OttoinGrotto. Not sure which one we should run behind.

Bees is a workhorse at RG. He will get it done.

This is what my old high school coach said when someone asked him why we didn't pass more. "If you only had one hand would you practice clapping or would you practice slapping people who made fun of you only having one hand"

Massive amounts of cheating? Bribing officials?

spiking their Gatorade with Ecstasy, locking them in the locker room, head coach arrested for jay walking on way into Dome...whatever it takes.

Probably TexanMark. I'm explosive in space but pretty shabby as a blocker.

I'm thinking we build this big gift horse, then roll it onto the field...

Just don't look it in the mouth...

I just want to see them start to call the plays that work and keep calling them. Too many times we have a great play and never go back to it or not soon enough. Adonis up the middle works pretty well, then next time he gets it it's a stretch play from the gun that will never work or something along the lines of a wonderful toss from our own 1 for an automatic safety . It's mind-boggling at times. I think Lester has had enough time now so we come out with a solid game plan on offense and go with what works. No more trying to get fancy, or getting away from run plays that get you 5+ continuously.

I'd love to run the ball on first downs instead of incomplete passes, 2nd and 10 then run to get three yards and have 3rd and 7. Gimme that 3 on first down and we can go from there. I'd rather run 3 times in a row than what we have been doing. But, I don't get paid to call plays so what do I know.

Regardless, just win this game and who cares about the future right now. We have NCSU at the Dome and need to win, somehow, someway.

Zackly!

But I just checked in now and all is back to normal. Too early in the week for the DT's!:eek:
I think it's the server software. It happened to me a few times about a month ago. It showed my avatar with other posters and associated another poster's avatar with me. It could also be a browser caching issue.

It only happened a few times, so I never pursued it. Now that I know that others have seen it as well, I'll ping the site's web admin if I see it again.

well when you kept giving Gylley the ball to the right and it didn't work the first 5 times they should have gone to the left. Thought they had better success going left and not sure why Lester thought running more to the left was the answer. Between him and Kool Kid they drive me crazy with the play calling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom