Do we finally have our own Phil Knight?!?!? | Syracusefan.com

Do we finally have our own Phil Knight?!?!?

StanCuse44

Scout Team
"Following the death of King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz al Saud on Friday, the father of a Syracuse University alumnus assumed the throne of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia."

Any chance we can work this? Show me the $$$$$!! :D

Just send TGD to Saudi Arabia and follow him around to pick up the change the falls out of his pockets. That should finance the rest of the IPF

Hasent this dude always been loaded? (I honestly don't know) Wouldnt he have already gave us the big bucks if he wanted to?

He has. But it would be real nice if he became King.

It looks like we know where the annual big "home" game is going now that we cut ties with Meadowlands.

Symphony Steve said:
Ladeez and gentlemen, welcome to the Benevolent Despot Arena!!

Benevolent?

"Following the death of King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz al Saud on Friday, the father of a Syracuse University alumnus assumed the throne of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia."

That would be amazing, but I'm pretty sure this guy was already loaded. Not sure if he particularly cares about SU sports. We could be the Oregon of the East if he did though.

Walid bin Talal has already given SU a bunch of money (and donated millions to Harvard, Georgetown, Cambridge, and Edinburgh too). He's not interested in SU sports. Think Maxwell School. Walid is super-loaded but princes in Saudi are a dime a dozen. You know how many sons Salman has? And Walid ain't a "good" one that can ascend to the throne because his mom is Lebanese.

Does this make his son, an SU grad, a prince??:) .

The guy is the "Saudi Arabia Warren Buffet." If he was going to bank roll the program, it would have happened long ago.

/thread

Will the Cheerleaders and dance team be required to wear burkas ? If the answer is yes, I am not interested.

The guy is the "Saudi Arabia Warren Buffet." If he was going to bank roll the program, it would have happened long ago.
There are times when T. Boone Pickens > Warren Buffet.

Actually I'd take Orange versions of T. Boone Pickens and Jimmy Buffett. ;)

The Oracle of Arabia has no interest in SU athletics- his net worth is estimated at @$20-30 billion and he has been super wealthy for decades. No chance. None.