Do you really think the coaches didnt know the starter after one week | Syracusefan.com

Do you really think the coaches didnt know the starter after one week

kcsu

Living Legend
Come on. The coaches have known who the starter was going to be for a long time. I dont know who they are going with but they do and have for sometime. My two cents is that not naming the starter is as much about team unity as anything. These guys are pros and it doesnt take long for them to realize who provides the best chance to win.

Come on. The coaches have known who the starter was going to be for a long time. I dont know who they are going with but they do and have for sometime. My two cents is that not naming the starter is as much about team unity as anything. These guys are pros and it doesnt take long for them to realize who provides the best chance to win.

These guys are not pros. They are college kids.It is a college game. Hell, if these kids were pros, than why all the concern for team unity?

These guys are not pros. They are college kids.It is a college game. Hell, if these kids were pros, than why all the concern for team unity?
I think he was referring to the coaching staff as pros...not the players

The coaches Mad the coaches not the players Wow you are as bad as me!

I see what you're saying, but if that's the case, wouldn't getting reps for a brand new starter in a new system be more important than trying to keep Penn St. guessing? Even if HCSS announced a starter the first day of camp, there's no film on him for an opposing team to study yet.

Good point maybe they are that close. My feeling is that within a week or so they realize who has the better tools.

There is no way they knew the starter from day 1. If they knew the starter then they wouldnt waste that guy's limited practice time with the 2nd team. Hunt has improved dramatically from when he stepped foot on The Hill as well.

I think the coaches are caught in a bad choice. Do you select the gun slinger who "threw the damned thing 70 yards" but may not have anyone who can catch it or do you select the guy who can run a little bit but can't throw the ball more than 20 yards so the defense loads the box? :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom