Does anyone remember Shafer or Marrone being such a big part of promoting SU Football? | Syracusefan.com

Does anyone remember Shafer or Marrone being such a big part of promoting SU Football?

Babers seems to be everywhere
Thats good. Babers getting out there and some wins may at some point in a huge home game break that attendance record in the Dome that has lasted way too long!!

I think Marone wanted to think it was a fball only issue
I think SS knew it required being all over but he was much more a 1on1 person
babers gets it and knows its more than fball and also is better at the media game

I think we always think this with every new coach. Babers has a proven track record and has an exciting potential trajectory. The previous coaches, not so much. So he's being given more attention as a result.

Marrone did a lot early on and backed off later it seemed. He was ESPN the magazines friendly coach the first year they did it.
Marrone came to LA and had a meeting with alums and fans here. I met him at the ESPN center. It was the day that the news about Paulus came out and he announced it here on that day I learned quite a bit about his character and mind set that day.

Ish88888 said:
Shafer was extremelyavailable and a media darling. Its hard to say he didnt match dinos promotion energy. He was just dealt a bad hand and didn't win enough

Media darling? Don't think so. Not locally at least.

I think Marone wanted to think it was a fball only issue
I think SS knew it required being all over but he was much more a 1on1 person
babers gets it and knows its more than fball and also is better at the media game

Marrone wasn't a high energy guy, whenever you heard him in an interview, it was always so blah.

Babers seems to be everywhere
I'm in Brooklyn so I see very little of Babers but this is good to hear.

I'm curious though, where do you see him? Local TV commercials , newscasts, radio spots, billboards ?

Hopefully all of the above because that means Coyle is spending money

My biggest point is he's clearly the main attraction and face of SU Football. Every promotion for the team right now is Babers face and center, which I think makes sense with his track record.

I'm in Brooklyn so I see very little of Babers but this is good to hear.

I'm curious though, where do you see him? Local TV commercials , newscasts, radio spots, billboards ?

Hopefully all of the above because that means Coyle is spending money

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom