Does Cooney play like a 5th year senior today? | Syracusefan.com

Does Cooney play like a 5th year senior today?

2-3zone

2nd String
or does he lay an egg in the last game of his career

2-3zone said:
or does he lay an egg in the last game of his career

May not be his last even if he lays an egg. I think he plays well enough to win, plays angry, and hits a clutch shot or two.

But the game rests on the rebounding and interior D.

I see another 3 for 11 type of game. But i think we win.

Who knows, kid deserves to have a big game. I'm going to be anxious to see how his first shot looks. Hopefully he can grab some boards too - be anxious to see how the frosh look early too. Hopefully it's like Atlantis and we click!

For today. The legacy of Cooney on the line. If he can't find a way to win a game I put him in category of disappointing players leaving on a low note. Hill and cipolla for not showing up as seniors. Shumpert and Williams and jAmes thesus for not bring good teammates. Donte green for not playing his game. Tyler Ennis for taking a 17 footer vs Dayton down 1 with 17 seconds left and all his points came from driving. This is where I put him

Today the keys are for Cooney to hit 4-6 three pointers. The team to make free throws and Roberson to rebound in the double digit category.

For today. The legacy of Cooney on the line. If he can't find a way to win a game I put him in category of disappointing players leaving on a low note. Hill and cipolla for not showing up as seniors. Shumpert and Williams and jAmes thesus for not bring good teammates. Donte green for not playing his game. Tyler Ennis for taking a 17 footer vs Dayton down 1 with 17 seconds left and all his points came from driving. This is where I put him

Today the keys are for Cooney to hit 4-6 three pointers. The team to make free throws and Roberson to rebound in the double digit category.

Especially on the defensive boards, Roberson has to play beastmaster. And I'm sure Dixon has already made sure they all know it, and he'll probably get mugged every time goes to the boards. So he's got his work cut out for him today. So give 'em hell today, TR. Put us on your back like John Wallace. :)

May not be his last even if he lays an egg. I think he plays well enough to win, plays angry, and hits a clutch shot or two.

But the game rests on the rebounding and interior D.

Hope not - anger's not going to get the feet squared and make the ball go through the hoop.

Man, I don't think that's fair to Hill and Cipolla. Crappy end to their careers, but my memory doesn't jibe with the idea that their poor play hurt us (and, as a rule, tough to blame off-ball players in that situation; right or wrong, it's a ballhandler's responsibility to set the right tone...).

Man, I don't think that's fair to Hill and Cipolla. Crappy end to their careers, but my memory doesn't jibe with the idea that their poor play hurt us (and, as a rule, tough to blame off-ball players in that situation; right or wrong, it's a ballhandler's responsibility to set the right tone...).
I see your point, but they were living off the final 4 the year before. truly could have been better leaders in 97

To paraphrase Groucho Marx, we don't need the eggs.

Don't know about you but i want no part of the NIT
If it comes to that, no one will force you to watch.

I really hope someone goes off today and just has a monster game (Silent G or Mali) and even if the game is close down the stretch Cooney knows he can't take the big shot.

Why take a potshot at one of our players? Root for the @#$ team -- EVERYBODY on the team.

I see him with another Trevor Cooney game. Maybe 4-13. Fortunately, I believe this game will all come down to rebounding. If we can hold our own on the backboards, we winQ

It depends. If he drives the ball and doesnt take another three we might have a chance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom