Dom Lamolinara Jons Navy Lacrosse Staff | Syracusefan.com

Dom Lamolinara Jons Navy Lacrosse Staff

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Former Syracuse standout goalkeeper Dom Lamolinara has joined the Navy men's lacrosse staff as its volunteer assistant it was announced by fifth-year head coach Rick Sowell on Tuesday.

"We are excited to welcome Dom to the Navy family and lacrosse brotherhood," said Sowell. "Dom's play speaks for itself, but it was his knowledge and passion that convinced me he was the right person for our program. He will bring a high level of energy specifically to our goaltenders, but also among the coaching staff and rest of the team."

"I have spent much of my life following the Navy lacrosse program and I am honored to be a part of the coaching staff," said Lamolinara.

A native of Arnold, Md. and an All-MIAA goalkeeper at St. Mary's High School, Lamolinara began his collegiate playing career at Maryland in 2011 before transferring to Syracuse. He played three seasons between the pipes for the Orange (2012-14), including leading Syracuse to its 17th appearance in the NCAA title game as the starting goalkeeper. That season he started 15 games and recorded personal bests in saves (141) and goals-against average (8.65).

Lamolinara made 33 career starts at Syracuse and finished with 288 saves and a 50.3 career save percentage. Additionally, he owned a 9.94 career goals-against average, the fourth-best mark in Syracuse history.

Lamolinara graduated from Syracuse in the spring of 2015 with a degree in political science.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/wire.php?id=10891