Dome Renovation | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Renovation

Going to build a new stadium on the shores of Lake Ontario on the site of the soon to close Fitzpatrick Nuclear Power Generation Station. Thank you Senator Shumer and Governor Cuomo!

View attachment 53587
Hey, Alcoa in Massena is available too. 500 jobs lost, so much for the deal Cuomo crowed about two years ago. Ok, back on topic

Hey, Alcoa in Massena is available too. 500 jobs lost, so much for the deal Cuomo crowed about two years ago. Ok, back on topic
Hey if i can't make political jokes noone can. OT forum.

Sounds like the BOT is meeting today. And Mr. Ensley was installed on the board last night.

Man, I've been patiently waiting to hear SOMETHING about the Dome reno from yesterday's meeting. Nothing???? C'mon!! Isn't the info shared on a "need to know" basis?

https://youtu.be/lBuIM-ekVjA

Last edited:
Man, I've been patiently waiting to hear SOMETHING about the Dome reno from yesterday's meeting. Nothing???? C'mon!! Isn't the info shared on a "need to know" basis?

After today's nail in the coffin, we desperately need some good news on the renovation plans. Someone make up something... anything... the on-field product is just too depressing... Dungey has 2 strikes and is not even a sophomore... we need some hope!

Anything meaningful coming out of the meetings? Wasn't there a BOT meeting today or yesterday?

If that's all we got I would honestly be very happy
Not sure if serious. If all we get are cup holders might as well fold up.

heard today that the steel for the renovation is 300 million and the company that got the bid doesn't think it would be possible to do the work while the dome is open. Also heard that rumor again about no more booze being sold in the dome per ACC rules.

KellySyracuse said:
heard today that the steel for the renovation is 300 million and the company that got the bid doesn't think it would be possible to do the work while the dome is open. Also heard that rumor again about no more booze being sold in the dome per ACC rules.

If so, Scott Frost is going to here awhile.

$300M in steel?

3/5 of the budget for just one item of material?

The no booze doesn't make sense. Didn't a couple ACC schools just start alcohol sales this year?

$300M in steel?

3/5 of the budget for just one item of material?
Yep, that's what I heard today from a somewhat reliable source. I think the figure is embellished along with the notion of no more alcohol in the dome but do believe the company has a bid for the work.

GoSU96 said:
$300M in steel? 3/5 of the budget for just one item of material?
Likely material, fabrication and erection, arguably the largest majority line item in the project
Not sure if state money is involved but would have to be likely american made which increases price as well

Yep, that's what I heard today from a somewhat reliable source. I think the figure is embellished along with the notion of no more alcohol in the dome but do believe the company has a bid for the work.

If it was for materials and labor I could see that, but just in material, I'd hope not.

If state money were involved, the DESIGN would have to be bid by open invitation. Any firm that could prove themselves eligible. They would not be allowed to just hand it to a firm from Missouri without giving a NY firm a shot. Steel is not in fabrication.

Steel prices are near 15 year lows and less than half what it was 10 months ago. No way the steel can be that high as that makes it a two billion dollar project in January 2015.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom