Dome Renovation | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Renovation

If true, 50% of job cost is not out of line for materials. I realize this is 60, but, it's not your typical project either.

There is way more material needed then steel. That number doesn't coincide with the number for the entire project.
I don't disagree, I'm not talking just steel, I'm talking total materials.

If state money were involved, the DESIGN would have to be bid by open invitation. Any firm that could prove themselves eligible. They would not be allowed to just hand it to a firm from Missouri without giving a NY firm a shot. Steel is not in fabrication.
I know you know of what you speak.

If state money were involved, the DESIGN would have to be bid by open invitation. Any firm that could prove themselves eligible. They would not be allowed to just hand it to a firm from Missouri without giving a NY firm a shot. Steel is not in fabrication.
Maybe it was the Estimate to come up with a cost for the project.

The no booze doesn't make sense. Didn't a couple ACC schools just start alcohol sales this year?

Yeah, we've never had a public issue with the booze
we don't even have a bad reputation for the booze
we make pure profit off of the booze
we have hundreds of thousands of empty seats per year and lots of the people that do come, love the booze

and we are going to get rid of the booze? that makes zero sense and is 1 way for the AD to alienate the fan base for no reason.

Yeah, we've never had a public issue with the booze
we don't even have a bad reputation for the booze
we make pure profit off of the booze
we have hundreds of thousands of empty seats per year and lots of the people that do come, love the booze

and we are going to get rid of the booze? that makes zero sense and is 1 way for the AD to alienate the fan base for no reason.

Hope that they don't get rid of the booze.

I don't want to have to come up with a sophisticated way to smuggle the booze into the dome.

Aren't more and more schools starting to sell alcohol at games? Hasn't it been reported more than once that the ACC has no problem with the Dome selling alcohol. And forget football, the alcohol revenue made from 18 hoops games a year must be astronomical. Put me down as skeptical.

The booze rule is not any ACC rule that I have heard of. Swofford basically came out and said it was up to each school whether of not alcohol was sold.

Steel prices are near 15 year lows and less than half what it was 10 months ago. No way the steel can be that high as that makes it a two billion dollar project in January 2015.
I'm only passing along info from someone who has an inside connection to a guy that works for the company that has been contacted to do some of the work. I do believe the figure has been embellished too

I'm only passing along info from someone who has an inside connection to a guy that works for the company that has been contacted to do some of the work. I do believe the figure has been embellished too
Sounds like Raulli steel. Concrete is not cheap either.

The size of the steel beams and girders would have to be huge and expensive to support the Snow loads that engineers design in. Safety factor of around 7-1 to be built in for snow load. stuff ain't cheap.

Bayside44 said:
The ACC is now selling booze at our football championship and hoops tournament. More stadiums are wholly or partially selling. If anything we might bring back smoking indoors.

Wonder if people are getting their tumors mixed up. This is the last year that smoking will be allowed out doors at athletic events.

Sounds like Raulli steel. Concrete is not cheap either.

The size of the steel beams and girders would have to be huge and expensive to support the Snow loads that engineers design in. Safety factor of around 7-1 to be built in for snow load. stuff ain't cheap.

He didn't mention the name of the company, just the guy that works there. I half believe what he was telling me because he went on to mention how they plan to build restaurants & cafes around the dome after the concrete panels are removed. He also said his connection didn't know of any way they could do the project and keep the dome open during the renovation because of the amount of work needed to build the new frame. He didn't think removing the concrete panels would be that big of an issue though.

Was the BoT meeting last night? I had heard it was on the 30th... anything new come out of that?

Bump.

Let's keep this Good News Train rolling!

While we're at it, give me a men's soccer win over Clemson too!

Bump.

Let's keep this Good News Train rolling!

While we're at it, give me a men's soccer win over Clemson too!
How about: "Let's keep this good thing rolling with a [real] Train!"

Bring back the Elmira Express!!

Syracuse makes a small fortune selling booze there is no way there going to agree to anything that stops that cash cow.
And thank god they had plenty available this past year ... whew.

How about: "Let's keep this good thing rolling with a [real] Train!"

Bring back the Elmira Express!!
Ha! When I read your "[real] Train" comment my mind went someplace other than what you intended.

Yes, I'm a perv. :D

Ha! When I read your "[real] Train" comment my mind went someplace other than what you intended.

Yes, I'm a perv. :D
Whatever you do on the train is up to you .. I just want to see it back in service. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom