Dome survey | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dome survey

I completed the survey. On the bathroom topic, I wish they had a hose/funnel in the seats for the who don't watch the game but attend just to see how many over-priced, panther-piss beers they can drink. I just love getting up all the time in the second half to let them out of the row. :mad:

i agree. i have asked several times why the dome has box seating areas that are completely empty for many games. that would seem to be a lost market that people would love to buy on a game by game basis..

I know many pro arenas have an upgrade policy for the luxury boxes as a perk for season ticket holders that can be bought on a single game. i wonder if those empty box seats are actually sold or just unused every game?

The school could buy back boxes and sell them as club seating on a per game basis.

The tickets to the boxes are sold out every game. It's part of owning the box that you buy seasons for each seat. Unused box seats are already paid for.

sutomcat said:
That was the impression I got. I understand there is going to be a major investment being made and the university needs to find ways to get some of those funds back, but it seemed pretty heavy handed. How can we get more money out of you? I hope whatever changes they make don't ruin things for the average joes in the world. I hope they are able to keep ticket prices affordable for the blue collar types that have been so loyal to the football and basketball programs over the years.

They're playing with fire if they start upping ticket prices.

The quality of play is going to have to improve greatly to warrant that, particularity on the football side.

They're playing with fire if they start upping ticket prices.

The quality of play is going to have to improve greatly to warrant that, particularity on the football side.
all of a sudden people are going to put the brakes on a shiny new palace when it's not paid with other people's money. funny how that works

Millhouse said:
all of a sudden people are going to put the brakes on a shiny new palace when it's not paid with other people's money. funny how that works

I'm confused.

Who's putting the brakes on anything?

I just think they'd be crazy to raise ticket prices for regular seats. They already have trouble now getting people to buy tickets.

I am curious if anyone here received or heard of a third survey. This was supposedly geared towards Orange Club members and was specifically asking about Luxury Suites

I'm confused.

Who's putting the brakes on anything?

I just think they'd be crazy to raise ticket prices for regular seats. They already have trouble now getting people to buy tickets.
if people want something nicer, someone has to pay for it

'Merica.

The school could buy back boxes and sell them as club seating on a per game basis.

The tickets to the boxes are sold out every game. It's part of owning the box that you buy seasons for each seat. Unused box seats are already paid for.
So the boxes are sold out and still sit 90% empty? this is why the school should have a box that they let people upgrade tickets into on a per game basis , so the little people can experience it on special days.

I completed the survey. On the bathroom topic, I wish they had a hose/funnel in the seats for the who don't watch the game but attend just to see how many over-priced, panther-piss beers they can drink. I just love getting up all the time in the second half to let them out of the row. :mad:

that's why I buy seats on the end :)

So the boxes are sold out and still sit 90% empty? this is why the school should have a box that they let people upgrade tickets into on a per game basis , so the little people can experience it on special days.

That's why they are proposing to reduce capacity. Fewer companies, with fewer employees, a lot of eaten tickets.

Here would be one solution to the overcrowded concourse.
10686752_1506890166266275_7173300751952427414_n.jpg

I am not a student or an alum but I am a STH and I got the first survey.

Also, local companies are not the only corporations that buy boxes and expensive seats to Basketball and Football games at the Dome. I can tell you that without a doubt that 100%.

Don't get all the flustering, arm waving, and squawking about boxes. This is normal everywhere. If you go to Gillette you see boxes and blocks of seats bought by, for example, "Joe's plumbing & heating, Brockton, MA." They expense them and treat their family and friends. Why is this so bizarre?

OrangeinBoston said:
Don't get all the flustering, arm waving, and squawking about boxes. This is normal everywhere. If you go to Gillette you see boxes and blocks of seats bought by, for example, "Joe's plumbing & heating, Brockton, MA." They expense them and treat their family and friends. Why is this so bizarre?

Not sure comparing a pro stadium near a major city to the Dome is fair. And I don't think anyone getting as flustered as you make out. But if you look at all the options they ask about, it's a lot for a Syracuse. We already have small suites. Is there a huge waiting list?

A thorough market analysis should determine what is a reasonable capacity for luxury arrangements in the Dome. I'm just not sure this survey is the best way to get that information. Sometimes people half-ass their answers and provide feedback on what they wish they could afford, not whether it's realistic or attainable.

Reminder: today is the last day to complete the survey... in case you want to share your opinions.
Hint: there's room for write-in comments at the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom