Dome survey | Syracusefan.com

Dome survey

orangedave

Starter
Anyone else receive this e-mail I just got?

Fast Forward Syracuse - Dome Study: Your input needed by May 22

Monday, May 11, 2015 5:03 PM

Mark as Unread

From: "Fast Forward Syracuse" <noreply@qemailserver.com>To:

Through your generosity and support of Syracuse University, you have been identified as a key member of the University community. As you may know, the University is currently developing a Campus Master Plan, one component of Fast Forward Syracuse. As part of this effort, each University building and facility, including the Carrier Dome, is being assessed.

Based on a report issued last year by the Chancellor's Workgroup on a Carrier Dome Backup Plan and the current life-span of the existing Dome roof, the University has a limited time period to explore future options for the Dome. There are three potential alternatives: 1) continuing the concept of an air-supported roof and replacing the current roof as is; 2) installing a new fixed roof system/structure while simultaneously making other renovations and improvements; or 3) building an off-site stadium with significant external support.

Your input is critical as part of the assessment of the University's options. This 15-minute survey is being done in coordination with the broader Campus Master Plan effort. The survey includes potential concepts, ideas, and options that have been considered and/or implemented at other top NCAA Division I schools. The concepts you will see are being presented simply to gauge the overall interest of SU community members and supporters in potential new amenities and enhancements to the fan experience that are offered at other Division I schools. No decision has been made about any concept or idea included in this survey, or the overall future of the Dome. This survey is simply the next step in accurately gauging and understanding the SU community's interests and it will better inform future decisions.

We ask that you respond to this survey no later than Friday, May 22. The survey is voluntary and confidential and should only take a short time to complete. To ensure capability with a screen reader it is recommended that you use Internet Explorer 11. Thank you for your time.

TAKE THE SURVEY NOW https://www.research.net/s/OrangeClubExecutiveSurvey

Yes. I also got it. I actually am open to hearing what everyone thinks in general before I fill mine out. I sent a pm to 3 people to get a more complete response. I really want to know and not just answer randomly. Since I live in AZ I don't spend a lot of time in the Dome anymore.

llandz said:
Yes. I also got it. I actually am open to hearing what everyone thinks in general before I fill mine out. I sent a pm to 3 people to get a more complete response. I really want to know and not just answer randomly. Since I live in AZ I don't spend a lot of time in the Dome anymore.

When I read the email, I thought it would be about all 3 options they are considering. Then taking the survey it was only about the renovation option and what amenities we'd like to see as well as various new seating options. If they go with those 3 types of upscale seating, there's going to be a lot of current 2nd and 3rd level seats eliminated. Suites, loge seating and box seats.

Yes, I just finished filling it out, and felt greatly confused, which recently has become my norm.

"NORM!"

I want more comfortable seats and more women's restrooms. I was not interested in all of the fancy schmancy stuff because I believe it would take away basketball seats and my view is borderline iffy as it is. I also can't afford the swank. I understand that there are beautiful college basketball venues, such as the Yum Center in Lville, but they are basketball only. I can't picture how some of the options they were considering could work in a football/bball venue. I suffer from a deplorable lack of imagination.

rrlbees said:
When I read the email, I thought it would be about all 3 options they are considering. Then taking the survey it was only about the renovation option and what amenities we'd like to see as well as various new seating options. If they go with those 3 types of upscale seating, there's going to be a lot of current 2nd and 3rd level seats eliminated. Suites, loge seating and box seats.

I just don't see how they could fit many of those amenities inside the current footprint of the Dome.

I think many of those seating options are necessary to a degree as the athletic program looks to keep up with other schools. But they're not options I need or would be willing to pay for.

I think much of the 200 level seating will be in jeopardy...especially down on the BB court side. Probably a good call. Cuse doesn't have enuf corporate money to buy Suites at $50k a year IMHO. The loge seating option is probably a good deal for Preferred A type folks.

Yes, I just finished filling it out, and felt greatly confused, which recently has become my norm.

"NORM!"

I want more comfortable seats and more women's restrooms. I was not interested in all of the fancy schmancy stuff because I believe it would take away basketball seats and my view is borderline iffy as it is. I also can't afford the swank. I understand that there are beautiful college basketball venues, such as the Yum Center in Lville, but they are basketball only. I can't picture how some of the options they were considering could work in a football/bball venue. I suffer from a deplorable lack of imagination.
I'm going to do mine today but I am definitely interested in more comfortable seats. I can't speak for the Women's restroom but I know my wife always makes plans to go before the game or right afterwards. We never leave our seats during halftime because of how bad the hallways are. I would love to see the 2oo level seats turned into something. Either luxury boxes or a larger "44" club where guests can sit and watch the game while eating and drinking. That's really the way to go now. We use club seats at the Bills games.

I'm going to do mine today but I am definitely interested in more comfortable seats. I can't speak for the Women's restroom but I know my wife always makes plans to go before the game or right afterwards. We never leave our seats during halftime because of how bad the hallways are. I would love to see the 2oo level seats turned into something. Either luxury boxes or a larger "44" club where guests can sit and watch the game while eating and drinking. That's really the way to go now. We use club seats at the Bills games.
But then where do the several thousands people in the second level go? Can they be accommodated? It didn't look like there was enough room for both "luxury" and "seats." Even if they replaced all of the benches with a seat with a back, they will lose seating. They squeeze us in like doomed hogs. SO uncomfortable. But if they give us comfort, they will lose butts per square inch.

You don't spend time in the women's restroom? That surprises me.

I got it and filled it out. Biggest things I would like changed are a wider concourse, bathrooms added to the end zone areas (at least on the West end where basketball is played) and a bigger replay scoreboard. Changes to make it easier to tailgate near the Dome (not harder, like the university has been doing for some time) and a more up to date approach towards food offerings (more diverse menu focusing more on local specialities, like similar venues where everyone else has been doing for 20 years) would also be appreciated.

Don't care about all the box options, egress in and out of the Dome, the exterior and interior appearance, comfort of seats.

When you are told there are 3 options and only asked your thoughts on one of the options, you get the feeling there is only one option.

Barring a crazy offer from Mario's kid (anything appears possible with him), sure looks like we are headed in that direction.

Last edited:
I got it and filled it out. Biggest things I would like changed are a wider concourse, bathrooms added to the end zone areas (at least on the West end where basketball is played) and a bigger replay scoreboard. Changes to make it easier to tailgate near the Dome (not harder, like the university has been doing for some time) and a more up to date approach towards food offerings (more diverse menu focusing more on local specialities, like similar venues where everyone else has been doing for 20 years) would also be appreciated.

Don't care about all the box options, egress in and out of the Dome, the exterior and interior appearance, comfort of seats.

When you are told there are 3 options and only asked your thoughts on one of the options, you get the feeling there is only one option.

Barring a crazy offer from Mario's kid (anything appears possible with him), sure looks like we are headed in that direction.
I had that exact same thought when taking the survey.

I think much of the 200 level seating will be in jeopardy...especially down on the BB court side. Probably a good call. Cuse doesn't have enuf corporate money to buy Suites at $50k a year IMHO. The loge seating option is probably a good deal for Preferred A type folks.

Exactly, like what Sacramento is doing in the Kings' new arena.

... But if they give us comfort, they will lose butts per square inch.

This is an unfortunate consequence of renovating to meet modern standards - wider seats and wider aisles will diminish the Dome experience.

It's better than some of the alternatives, though.

i liked that there were only even numbers of season tickets you could buy. no option to buy 1, which is what i do

so many surveys are junk. they're going to overestimate potential season ticket sales by default

Millhouse said:
i liked that there were only even numbers of season tickets you could buy. no option to buy 1, which is what i do so many surveys are junk. they're going to overestimate potential season ticket sales by default

I hope they don't overestimate the ability to sell luxury suites, loge seating and box seats.

Where's the option for new on-site stadium?

Not saying that's what I would vote for, but it's been discussed here, at least, so I'm surprised only an off-site facility is an option.

rrlbees said:
I hope they don't overestimate the ability to sell luxury suites, loge seating and box seats.

Isn't that what the survey is for?

When you say "they" do you mean the current season ticket holders filling out the surveys. If it's garbage in then it is garbage out.

hopefully people take the survey and give all those things low weights.

cliftonparksufan said:
When you say "they" do you mean the current season ticket holders filling out the surveys. If it's garbage in then it is garbage out.

Pretty sure he means the folks conducting the survey and the university.

Pretty sure he means the folks conducting the survey and the university.
I know. But if everyone answers that they want to buy club seats at $3000 each what are the surveyors to believe.

I filled it out and it seems skewed toward club-seats/boxes, and amenities that would benefit 5% of the Dome crowd. I do like the proposed concourse/concession changes: traffic flow around the concessions is clogged up .. and it's like a dungeon in there without any open spaces or sunlight.

Also, I didn't see anything about solving the post-Dome-event traffic nightmare. The Syracuse Police love to push traffic away from the main exit points ... into no-mans-land. Always fun spending an additional half hour trying to navigate City streets (??).

cliftonparksufan said:
I know. But if everyone answers that they want to buy club seats at $3000 each what are the surveyors to believe.

I hope people filled it out honestly.

I did and expressed no interest in club seats.

I could see the loge seats being a reasonable addition and if the Dome expansion occurs, those bunker suites, or a lounge under that area would probably be popular.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom