Class of 2017 - Dominick Welch | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Dominick Welch

Francis03

All American
http://wivb.com/2015/02/16/cheektowagas-welch-scores-1000th-point-in-win/
6'4 SG from Cheektowaga. Considered to be one of the best players on the Albany City Rocks 16u squad that Malik Zachery plays on. He was recently invited to the Nike Elite 100 Camp that takes place in a few weeks and features most of the top underclassmen in the country. So his coming out party on the national scene could possibly take place there. Shows some good skills on both ends in the vid. His long arms added with what looks to be good timing and instincts when blocking shots and forcing steals would be well valued up top in the zone. You tend to forget that guards can still actually do that after watching Kaleb "hands down" Joseph this past season.

6'4 SG from Cheektowaga. Considered to be one of the best players on the Albany City Rocks 16u squad that Malik Zachery plays on. He was recently invited to the Nike Elite 100 Camp that takes place in a few weeks and features most of the top underclassmen in the country. So his coming out party on the national scene could possibly take place there. Shows some good skills on both ends in the vid. His long arms added with what looks to be good timing and instincts when blocking shots and forcing steals would be well valued up top in the zone. You tend to forget that guards can still actually do that after watching Kaleb "hands down" Joseph this past season.

These are just video highlights [I know], but those clips remind me of Jason McKrieth.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how Welch looks at the Nike camp. Not much competition in that clip.

Love Lonnie Walker. Hope the staff is on him hard.

That first highlight vid was pretty impressive for a guard going the rim and finishing strong! It seems like we haven't seen that since the MCW/Triche backcourt departed.

I've seen him play a few times, hes solid but at this stage I don't think he is someone we should be strongly considering given our limited scholarship situation. His jumper and range are not where I would want them to be for a Syracuse 2 guard and his handle needs some work to play at this level. He's still young so a lot could change but at this stage I am guessing we are just keeping an eye on his development.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom