Class of 2014 - Dontay Caruthers East High School Rochester NY | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Dontay Caruthers East High School Rochester NY

JarHeadJim

I have never won sheet!
Does anyone know much about this kid from Rochester? He is a 6'2" guard who averaged 28.2 ppg., 6 rpg. 5 apg. last season. His first game of the season he scored 50-points. You would think he would be on some ones radar?

From what I can find his only current offer is Canisius. He also has interest from Murray St, Buffalo, Ohio, and Eastern Kentucky. I'm sure if he keeps scoring like he is, he will pick up a few more offers this season.

He scored 50 against Freddie Thomas and Edison..not exactly Aquinas or BK. All the Edison, Marshall, etc. athletes are sprinters on the track team.

He scored 50 against Freddie Thomas and Edison..not exactly Aquinas or BK. All the Edison, Marshall, etc. athletes are sprinters on the track team.
50 points is 50 points. When's the last time a high school basketball player in CNY scored over 45 points? Let alone in back to back games.

I can't think of one Proctor, Henninger, JD, Corcoran, SAS etc. whose ever done that.

curtus aikens did it years ago but that was Buffalo not CNY and he ended up at Pitt.

Trueblue25 said:
50 points is 50 points. When's the last time a high school basketball player in CNY scored over 45 points? Let alone in back to back games.

I can't think of one Proctor, Henninger, JD, Corcoran, SAS etc. whose ever done that.

I think Eric Piekielniak did it for New York Mills, back around 1986 or 1987. I think he was a freshman and scored 52. Class D basketball, though.

Well Josh Wright did average over 33 a game in Utica ... pretty sure he broke that barrier.

Does anyone know much about this kid from Rochester? He is a 6'2" guard who averaged 28.2 ppg., 6 rpg. 5 apg. last season. His first game of the season he scored 50-points. You would think he would be on some ones radar?
From what I understand since last year the word was that he has to get his grades in order before any program will seriously consider him.

Yo Jim, Caruthers ended up spending a few years in Juco. He signed with Buffalo to play there next season.

My brother played bb with Pat Stark former SU QB in high school at VO when dinosaurs roamed the earth. Anyway the team decided to have Pat break the all time Nys scoring record. He did as he scored 75 points. My brother said they gave him the game ball...cause he didn't shoot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom