Doug+ Hack= Balogne Also thank goodness that HCDM took over ST | Syracusefan.com

Doug+ Hack= Balogne Also thank goodness that HCDM took over ST

kcsu

Living Legend
Simply pathetic. One of the worst called games that i can ever remember. I would fire Doug tomorrow and name Shafer coach. Thank God we have Shafer or we would be looking at 0-6. Doug and Hack have zero feel for calling a game. The play calling in the redzone remains something out of the twilight zone. We go Tank and we are two for two. First and goal from the 3 pass second down pass third down Tank fourth down disaster. I mean what the hell are they thinking. Also it was so obvious that Smith had it today he was on and it was equally as obvious that ptg didnt. For the life of me Hack has less feel for play calling than Ryan has for pressure. The Kid is going to cost Doug his job. For the life of me i really have no idea how Doug could have every selected this Kid to be our OC. NONE NADA scary actually. Lets talk
special teams. Im so glad that our stubborn HCDM decided against hiring a ST coach after the entire world thought that that should have been his number one hiring priority. But no not Doug. I will show them I will coach ST. Well hasnt he done a bang up job. I mean have we ever been this bad? We are beyond horrible. Forget the blocked FG, we are so poorley coached on Specials it is beyond me. Rene dont even get me started. If he is our best option at returning punts and kicks you have got to be kidding me. Glad that they burned Ash this year as well as Morgan. What the heck last year they burned AAM so why not waste Ash this year. I mean wow. Also this bs that Doug spouts about Sales being such a better practice player is just complete crap. Im convinced that Doug wasted a year of Sales as well. As to Ryan and the fact that Doug hasnt got one other QB even remotley prepared all i can say is balogne. Is Doug a good guy the answer is yes. Could he get us over the hump i doubt it and the reason i do is that Doug is too stubborn and possibly a little to slow to make the program and in game changes that are required to succeed at this level. In the end it will be his hiring of Hack that will be his down fall. If he would have hired a proven OC i believe that we would be looking at 4-2 vs 2-4 and Doug would be looking at a three year extension vs being fired which unfortunately is going to be the outcome unless he can pull off a minor miracle.

I completely agree that the whole pass/pass/drive/pass redzone thing was mismanaged terribly, but to be fair, two of those passes should've been caught.

Doesn't make the calls themselves better, but we should've gotten points regardless.

Fire Hackett.

Hire Bill Legg (Marshall - currently #1 in the nation in passing offense with a 5-11 running back as QB)

But he's well respected by nfl coaches!!!!!

Maybe we didn't hire a ST coach because he couldn't find one? Idk

That red zone playcalling was baffling. They had just jammed it in easily with the Tank to the end the half. Why stop using what is working? When I see a QB in the shotgun from the 2, it is laughable. It you aren't going to run the Tank, let Ryan at least try to jam it in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom