Down goes Pitt!! | Syracusefan.com

Down goes Pitt!!

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
Absolutely awesome!! I continue to be baffled by this team but never mind how or why, that was the best Syracuse performance of the young century against Pitt. I doubt that is debatable. At one point we we were shooting 70% and they were shooting 11%. Our guys smacked THEM in the mouth for a change!!

Just can't believe what I saw. (Broke my own rule and watched the game live, and thank goodness.) if anything, the first half reminded me of the crazy run against UVA in the tourney.

Obviously a stellar job by players and coaches to pull off a performance like that!

Even better the main group is just starting to figure things out. Amazing to see the difference now that everyone playing has a primary concern of team success. I watch TT on the bench cheering next to Coleman and I know they both get it.

Absolutely awesome!! I continue to be baffled by this team but never mind how or why, that was the best Syracuse performance of the young century against Pitt. I doubt that is debatable. At one point we we were shooting 70% and they were shooting 11%. Our guys smacked THEM in the mouth for a change!!

Just can't believe what I saw. (Broke my own rule and watched the game live, and thank goodness.) if anything, the first half reminded me of the crazy run against UVA in the tourney.

Obviously a stellar job by players and coaches to pull off a performance like that!
If you can't bear to watch a game live, you would have to attend a Dome game in a coffin!

If you can't bear to watch a game live, you would have to attend a Dome game in a coffin!

It is only Pitt games that I don't watch live. You guys don't understand how bad I hate Pitt. And for us to constantly lose to them in bizarre and heart wrenching ways over and over again, I just made a decision at some point that I would tape those games and only watch them if we win. Sort of a self defense mechanism. I broke my rule and watched today and the last time I did was the Ennis game, so I guess I should just start watching Pitt games, huh?

It is only Pitt games that I don't watch live. You guys don't understand how bad I hate Pitt. And for us to constantly lose to them in bizarre and heart wrenching ways over and over again, I just made a decision at some point that I would tape those games and only watch them if we win. Sort of a self defense mechanism. I broke my rule and watched today and the last time I did was the Ennis game, so I guess I should just start watching Pitt games, huh?

Did you watch the Ennis game live? That wouldnt have been quite the same knowing the outcome in advance!

This reminds me of a weird experience when I was traveling on business in Hamburg, Germany.

After a rough night out, I stumbled through a day that eventually brought me back to my hotel, with expectations of watching the usual Euro news, BBC reports, local goofy German channels, etc.

And somehow as I was scrolling with the remote, I came upon the Syracuse-Pitt game. Live. That went from euphoria to watching the Paul Harris team blow a lead in the final minutes at the Dome.

It's just one of the many reasons I hate Pitt. So as Houston says, don't underestimate the importance of this win.

Aside from the many who watched this one in their homes, I'd like to think there was a fellow traveler out there somewhere who flicked on the TV and watched something better than I did that day.

Yikes, that indeed is rough. It could be worse though. You could have sold your plasma in Amsterdam, and spent it all in a night buying drinks at the Melk Weg, for a soldier in drag.

This reminds me of a weird experience when I was traveling on business in Hamburg, Germany.

After a rough night out, I stumbled through a day that eventually brought me back to my hotel, with expectations of watching the usual Euro news, BBC reports, local goofy German channels, etc.

And somehow as I was scrolling with the remote, I came upon the Syracuse-Pitt game. Live. That went from euphoria to watching the Paul Harris team blow a lead in the final minutes at the Dome.

It's just one of the many reasons I hate Pitt. So as Houston says, don't underestimate the importance of this win.

Aside from the many who watched this one in their homes, I'd like to think there was a fellow traveler out there somewhere who flicked on the TV and watched something better than I did that day.

This is exactly the type of Pitt based tyranny I've been fighting against for almost 20 years now. Thanks for sharing the story.

Be it football or basketball...

Nothing and I mean nothing is sweeter than a win against Pitt.

It's more satisfying to me than a Duke/UL/G Town/SJU/Uconn win. It's so inexplicably rare.

Yikes, that indeed is rough. It could be worse though. You could have sold your plasma in Amsterdam, and spent it all in a night buying drinks at the Melk Weg, for a soldier in drag.

David Lowery is the man.

Seriously how did these players lose to uconn?

Because "these" players aren't the same. Two guys that played a lot against UCONN sat on the bench the entire time.

That is a very sad story. It kind of bummed me out.

That is a very sad story. It kind of bummed me out.

You have no idea. And of course being in Hamburg, it's not like there was anyone to vent to.

I recovered. I think the first step involved a pub.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom