Down goes SU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Down goes SU

Evans turnovers were a critical factor today, and Lecky tried to split two defenders again lost the ball. Both players have been disappointing, in my opinion.
I had suppressed the urge to use the term "bust" especially after last week. But, seeing Evans critical turnovers today, I'm going to put it out there. Evans is a bust.

I had suppressed the urge to use the term "bust" especially after last week. But, seeing Evans critical turnovers today, I'm going to put it out there. Evans is a bust.
Evans looked great at attack vs Marist. I'm hoping he can turn it around next year when he's at his natural position. Defense will still be a problem though.

Looks like the ACC was vastly over-rated this year. What a poor showing in the tourney.

Madbiker said:
Looks like the ACC was vastly over-rated this year. What a poor showing in the tourney.

They dominated in the regular season. Bust they were a disappointment in the postseason.

Briancuse said:
I have to be honest, I didn't see this coming.

I wasn't surprised. Hopkins has been playing well and they had the revenge factor going for them.

I felt they were totally outplayed and lucky to get it that close with a rush at the end. Too many loose balls they couldn’t get control of and too many hurried, impatient shots. JH played smart and was in control of the game most of the time. They won their share of face-offs, eliminating a big advantage SU had had all year. An there were some earlier games that indicated that this wasn’t a great SU defensive team. The early blow-out wins masked some vulnerability there. But they were unmasked today.

A frustrating school year: the football team gets wiped out by injuries and goes 3-9. The basketball team is rocked by scandal and goes 18-13, their worst record in 34 years, skipping the post season. Now the lacrosse team looks like the best team in the country but fails to play like it in the tournament. Different situations but all very frustrating.

Being a Syracuse fan has been a pretty good deal over the years but the 2014-15 school year will not be remembered with pleasure.

Echoes my thoughts.

lots of young defenders. it's gonna take a couple of them to step up...i'd like to be able to say, woah where did this kid come from.

lots of young defenders. it's gonna take a couple of them to step up...i'd like to be able to say, woah where did this kid come from.

There are some outstanding young defenders coming in this fall. Mellen and Bomberry could play right away. Just hope we dont have a situation where the defense puts it together but the offense then becomes the problem.

I think this team could struggle early next year given the losses on O and the overall youth but hopefully jells and finds their way when it counts. Look at Hop this year. I had written them off and they seem to be peaking at just the right time.

I think this team could struggle early next year given the losses on O and the overall youth but hopefully jells and finds their way when it counts. Look at Hop this year. I had written them off and they seem to be peaking at just the right time.

Hop actually underachieved for a large portion of the year, they basically returned everyone of importance save for their crease guy Benn on both sides of the ball. They return a lot again next year offensively but lose just about everyone on defense.

how much will the offense step back remains to be seen. staats and rice are thuge losses, followed by galasso. lecky and schoomaker i just dont think gave enough offensively to really miss their offense.

players are unquestionably going to have to step up and it starts with evans and barber. my expectation is for evans to take it up a notch moving back to attack.

again, we'll be young but i think we have some good offensive kids. excited to see a couple of them.

Question - who is Matt Lane ? The kid is listed at 6-7 244 on attack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom