Draft lottery | Syracusefan.com

Draft lottery

cuseattle

2022-23 Iggy Award Winner Hoops Leading RPG
Dimebe Mutumbo tweeted, then deleted, that the Sixers got the first pick.

I'm thinking he misread the draft odds and thought that was the order.

IFWT_Dikembe-Mutombo-11.jpg

Anyone got any thoughts on Ingram/Simmons for #1?

I think the Sixers should take Ingram, not sold on Simmons.

Anyone got any thoughts on Ingram/Simmons for #1?

Right now, I still lean towards Simmons, but I gotta watch some more tape on them. I just think with all the struggles Philly's had with finding a guy that can generate offense for teammates and themselves at the same time, a guy with Simmons' skillset is almost too good to be true.

Given that Philly has so little of their core in place (they have core talents, but I think they need to trade a decent amount of it), I think you just take the bigger talent, which to me, I give a slight edge to Simmons at the moment.

Both are pure projection. But the fact that Ingram is so slight physically makes Simmons the favorite for me. His physical dimensions are closer to where he'll end up. If/when Ingram fills out, will he retain his physical skills/speed?

Plus, I love the idea of a point forward. Changes the calculus on how teams will have to defend. Philly can louse this up since neither are stone cold locks, but I think Simmons makes the most sense.

I think I'm with both of you two on this. Philly needs shooters, wings, etc, but Simmons is like a little less-athletic Blake Griffin (top end) with his multi-threat abilities.

I just don't know what guys Philly wants to keep / trade. I just think you have to trade Jah. Noel only works if you have a PnR point guard (even tho he is very good defensively). I have no idea what they have in Embiid.

I really like Ingram as a guy to step in and be projected as a #2 or #3 option on a team that has stability. If Simmons falls to the Lakers, they basically have two of the same player in Simmons and Randle.

I really wish Simmons could have gone to the Celtics. I think it would have been a great fit.

BTW, listened to the Ringer's NBA podcast and they mentioned that they thought Murray and Hield were overhyped and that if you were looking for a role playing two guard, guys like Malachi would give you solid value.

I think I'm with both of you two on this. Philly needs shooters, wings, etc, but Simmons is like a little less-athletic Blake Griffin (top end) with his multi-threat abilities.

I just don't know what guys Philly wants to keep / trade. I just think you have to trade Jah. Noel only works if you have a PnR point guard (even tho he is very good defensively). I have no idea what they have in Embiid.

I really like Ingram as a guy to step in and be projected as a #2 or #3 option on a team that has stability. If Simmons falls to the Lakers, they basically have two of the same player in Simmons and Randle.

I really wish Simmons could have gone to the Celtics. I think it would have been a great fit.

BTW, listened to the Ringer's NBA podcast and they mentioned that they thought Murray and Hield were overhyped and that if you were looking for a role playing two guard, guys like Malachi would give you solid value.

I honestly don't really like any of the guards in this draft class. There's a bunch of okay prospects, but none of them really stand out to me; maybe Buddy.

If I'm Boston, it's Bender or trade for me.

I honestly don't really like any of the guards in this draft class. There's a bunch of okay prospects, but none of them really stand out to me; maybe Buddy.

If I'm Boston, it's Bender or trade for me.

That's interesting to me. I think first Boston will try and shop that pick for Butler, but I kinda like either Murray or Buddy to them. They desperately need shooting on that team.

I have no idea what Philly is going to do. Less with the pick (I think you go Simmons) but there's at least one trade to be made. Even if you don't count Embiid, you have Noel, Okafor, Saric, and Simmons. For probably two spots. And Okafor may just not be good at all.

Boston is trading the 3rd pick. If they keep I heard Ainge would lean Jamaal Murray over Dragin Bender.

The packages they are targeting is Avery Bradley or Jae Crowder, 3rd pick, 16th pick for one of Klay Thompson or Jimmy Butler.

I doubt Golden State would move Thompson but it would hinge on them getting Durant.
Chicago could get Bradley/ 3rd pick/ 16th pick and move Butler.
Chicago is losing Noah most likely. Rose's contract is coming off the books soon would help Chicago reload.

The trade I proposed 2 days ago is actually getting real talk.

Boston would trade the 3rd pick for Jahili Okafor and Philly would get a guard most likely Kris Dunn at 3rd pick.

Boston is trading the 3rd pick. If they keep I heard Ainge would lean Jamaal Murray over Dragin Bender.

The packages they are targeting is Avery Bradley or Jae Crowder, 3rd pick, 16th pick for one of Klay Thompson or Jimmy Butler.

I doubt Golden State would move Thompson but it would hinge on them getting Durant.
Chicago could get Bradley/ 3rd pick/ 16th pick and move Butler.
Chicago is losing Noah most likely. Rose's contract is coming off the books soon would help Chicago reload.

The trade I proposed 2 days ago is actually getting real talk.

Boston would trade the 3rd pick for Jahili Okafor and Philly would get a guard most likely Kris Dunn at 3rd pick.

Okafor for #3 would be a really bad deal for Boston I think.
I don't see the Warriors trading Klay; they can get Durant and still fit Klay in.

There is a chance Butler is traded; I think that package is pretty light though.

Okafor for #3 would be a really bad deal for Boston I think.
I don't see the Warriors trading Klay; they can get Durant and still fit Klay in.

There is a chance Butler is traded; I think that package is pretty light though.
You are bearish on Okafor?

I honestly see nobody but Simmons as elite in this draft. Ingram needs to put on weight, I wouldn't want him for atleast 3-4 years.

If the Celtics can't get Cousins which they won't the next best available big guy for the 3rd pick would be Okafor IMO.

The kid will score points in the league. He is still only 19.

If Boston can get Butler for non-Isiah Thomas/Jae Crowder players and picks they will explore it.

I think the 3rd pick for Okafor would be fair for both sides. Boston would be gambling on his potential and Philly will be gambling on Dunn.

I don't think Okafor is really any good at all. His defense is just so awful.

If Boston can get Butler for non-Isiah Thomas/Jae Crowder players and picks they will explore it..

I get the idea, but Jimmy Butler might be the best 2 guard in the NBA. The idea that Jae Crowder especially (but same idea for Thomas) would be off the table in a trade for him is hilarious to me.

Lakers are rumored to be offering D'Angelo Russell and 2nd pick for Paul George.
I can see that one happening and LA would still have 50 million in cap room.

I don't think Okafor is really any good at all. His defense is just so awful.

I get the idea, but Jimmy Butler might be the best 2 guard in the NBA. The idea that Jae Crowder especially (but same idea for Thomas) would be off the table in a trade for him is hilarious to me.

When healthy Crowder was pretty good this year. He isn't a a number 1 option but he can shoot, defend and doesn't have a big contract.

Obviously he isn't untouchable but I doubt the Celtics would move him without getting a legit all star back.

Lakers are rumored to be offering D'Angelo Russell and 2nd pick for Paul George.
I can see that one happening and LA would still have 50 million in cap room.

I honestly can't see Indy even considering trading PG13. Trading a young, legitimate star that's locked into a long-term deal for two potentially good players is just too much of a risk IMO.

As a Denver fan, I have to wonder if we gave Malachi the first round guarantee. He visited with the Nuggets on the 14th and signed with an agent the 18th. Denver feels like a team that could have given him that guarantee considering we have 15 and 19 to go along with the 7th pick.

When healthy Crowder was pretty good this year. He isn't a a number 1 option but he can shoot, defend and doesn't have a big contract.

Obviously he isn't untouchable but I doubt the Celtics would move him without getting a legit all star back.

A legit all star like Jimmy Butler?

I honestly can't see Indy even considering trading PG13. Trading a young, legitimate star that's locked into a long-term deal for two potentially good players is just too much of a risk IMO.

That would be a terrible deal for the Pacers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom