Class of 2015 - DT Anthony Giudice (CT) Signed LOI | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Anthony Giudice (CT) Signed LOI

Looks like a future inside guy to me; either side of the ball. Tough and physical, tenaciuos, quick off the snap, looks good to me. Then seeing what he looks like with no pads, a few years in college s&c sign me up.

Avon farms puts out players to and there's a lot of big kids in those clips. He sure isn't tossing around class d little kids.

Last edited:
How tall is he? Motor wise he's Goggins, form wise he may be Anthony Perkins/Bud Tribbey mold but with a higher ceiling due to size.

What I like: motor, deceptive closing speed, finishes tackles, upper body size
Needs to work on: pad level is too high, needs to disengage blockers quicker and more violently, lower body size

Good news is all the needs to work on catagories are very coachable. The tendencies he has are pretty common with a player that can get by with physical superiority. He's effective now as a raw (16 year old) prospect but I like his potential especially when he learns to be a technician.

Somehing to keep in mind when watching NE talent vs tx, fla, etc is that most players from NE are 2+ years younger than the football factory southern schools. Kids start school asap and don't get held back years to be bigger for frosh tryouts etc. Also goes a bit to the level of competition aarguekent when you realize you're watching 16 and 17 year olds in the Northeast and 18, 19, and even 20 year olds playing football in the power states.

Listed as same size as rob welsh 6'3" 256 for size comparison.

At about the 8 minute mark there are about 20 consecutive plays where the guy he is blocking ends up on the ground. In more than half of them he is grinding them into the ground. Guys like a junkyard dog.

F the stars. I want this guy on my team.

I don't post a lot here, but if any of youthink that this kid iisn't legit... You are crazy. I have surrounded myself with this game as a player and Varsity level coach and a former college athlete and this kid has what it takes. You can't teach motor like that. End of discussion. ;)

At about the 8 minute mark there are about 20 consecutive plays where the guy he is blocking ends up on the ground. In more than half of them he is grinding them into the ground. Guys like a junkyard dog.

F the stars. I want this guy on my team.

Best post today! I love this kid's film I don't give a crap that he only had one BCS offer he rocks

"Limited athleticism" now that's laughable. He looks very athletic and explosive for a defensive tackle. Do you mean to say you don't like him because he's white? He chases down a runnig back from behind and you say he's not athletic? What film are you watching? The staff brought him in very early in the process they must be pretty high on him.

I love his agility and quickness for a guy his size. I realize he's not an exciting 4 start Florida recruit but it's obvious that this kid can really play. He's just a nasty violent guy in the trenches and that's exactly what you want down there.

He's a very good high school athlete, obviously. But you have to take into account everything. It's a highlight tape and level of competition. As some have pointed out His upside doesn't seem to be that high. For an outside player he's limited athletically and inside he's limited by size/strength. People had compared him to Welsh which is very fair. I'm not saying he won't be a good player. I think he will contribute. But he is undoubtedly a developmental player who does not have the athleticism to play right away. I'm sorry if you don't like it. Just the way I see it.

I hope Anthony reads this thread, gets on the field, rips someone's head off, and tosses it into the crowd.

post-35088-are-you-not-entertained-gif-Gl-MHkP.gif

CuseLegacy said:
Giudiceee‏@giudice_79 19m It's now official!! Offered from Syracuse #GoOrange Avon Old Farms (Happy now Whitey) YouTube Video
My thoughts on his film:

This guy is a football player; great competitor, loves the game, plays unbelievably hard.

Has a great first 4 steps, really strong for his size, physical as all hell; you can see why Shafer loves him.

I agree with those projecting him to DT. Could be a good DE or OG but if he can get to 280, which I am sure he can, he could be a star at DT, a run stopper and strong pass rusher.

It would be great to get DTs that are ready to play right out of HS. This kid won't be, but if you project where he is likely to be in 2 years, you should be excited. No doubt in my mind he will start most of his career at SU.

Last edited:
He's a very good high school athlete, obviously. But you have to take into account everything. It's a highlight tape and level of competition. As some have pointed out His upside doesn't seem to be that high. For an outside player he's limited athletically and inside he's limited by size/strength. People had compared him to Welsh which is very fair. I'm not saying he won't be a good player. I think he will contribute. But he is undoubtedly a developmental player who does not have the athleticism to play right away. I'm sorry if you don't like it. Just the way I see it.

So he is a very good high school athlete who has a highlight film that is twice as long as a lot of prospects where he dominates both sides of the ball and chases down rb's and qb's... and he's somehow limited athletically and a developmental prospect? He's 16 years old in this film and maybe 17 in the picture where he is towering over our head coach with arms bigger than half our current d line... but he lacks size/athleticism?

This thread is funny for a lot of reasons. He reminds people of Welsh, wonder why that is? Of that's right, he looks like him.

Last edited:
He's a very good high school athlete, obviously. But you have to take into account everything. It's a highlight tape and level of competition. As some have pointed out His upside doesn't seem to be that high. For an outside player he's limited athletically and inside he's limited by size/strength. People had compared him to Welsh which is very fair. I'm not saying he won't be a good player. I think he will contribute.

Just a question...How in the Hell does anyone on this site or anywhere else know what this or any kid's upside or potential is?? We probably don't even know our own children's potential and we are determining this kid's future potential from watching a YouTube video.

You and anyone else for that matter, have no inkling in any way shape or form what this kid will grow into and become from a physical and athletic standpoint.

He's 16 and 256 lbs at 6'2", John Raymon graduated HS and committed to Iowa at 244 and transferred to SU at 344. Who saw that coming...that's right, nobody.

You want to grade a kid's video, fine but don't propose that you know the future of a 16 year old and how he might contribute 5-6 years from now.

Just Stop.

Quality DT's are hard as heck to find and if SU just found a guy that can raise some hell from that position consider me a very happy Orange fan. Can't teach a motor and if Giudice has a good one then let's hope he gets to that 300Lb mark and forces two guys to block him or they pay.

Quality DT's are hard as heck to find and if SU just found a guy that can raise some hell from that position consider me a very happy Orange fan. Can't teach a motor and if Giudice has a good one then let's hope he gets to that 300Lb mark and forces two guys to block him or they pay.

I wish I could like this post more than once.

Ok i wanted to wait until my itnitial emotions of a suprise commit had left. Its been said already. You cant teach the intangibles that this kid has. He is a violent relentless animal. He has 2 star measurables but has a 5 star heart. If he can get to 6'2 280 in 3 years and keep the same skills. Could be a Aaron Donald fellas. Stay tuned!!!!

Ok i wanted to wait until my itnitial emotions of a suprise commit had left. Its been said already. You cant teach the intangibles that this kid has. He is a violent relentless animal. He has 2 star measurables but has a 5 star heart. If he can get to 6'2 280 in 3 years and keep the same skills. Could be a Aaron Donald fellas. Stay tuned!!!!

Too much peer pressure money? ;)

If SU finds a clog and drive guy from that position, watch out.