Class of 2015 - DT Anthony Giudice (CT) Signed LOI | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Anthony Giudice (CT) Signed LOI

LeMoyneCuse said:
If his upside is Rob Welsh (solid, consistent contributor who is probably at his peak in college), I'm very okay with that.

Welsh is a good comparison.

Back in the successful portion of the Coach P era, the staff used to try to recruit kids with similar builds and playing styles to kids who had success at SU. Not sure if they still follow that model.

If his upside is Rob Welsh (solid, consistent contributor who is probably at his peak in college), I'm very okay with that.

That's the first person that came to mind when I saw his video. I saw Rob Welsh with a bit more aggressiveness and athleticism.

Every recruiting class needs guys like this, but I have to agree that I'm a little surprised we're going after him this early. Staff must have really liked him.

Giudiceee ‏@giudice_79 35m
Just committed to Syracuse University, cant wait to play for these guys
1f34a.png
1f3c8.png
1f34a.png
#blessed #GoOrange #CuseNation

Sounds like the PS botched the situation in regards to other commits and the coaches just told him to wait.
I'm willing to bet it's Parkinson, but he and the coaches want him to get his 15 minutes of fame in announcing his commitment.

To be honest. Ive never felt this way. The kid has everything you want to see on his film but Im not in love with him. A bit of a reach. The staff must really love him to accept a verbal this early. I see a tough dominating football player but I struggle seeing his upside. Not sure if he's athletic enough to be a DE and not sure if he is big enough to play the interior. He will have to add alot of weight. Staff knows what they want. This kid has Daoust written all over him. Welcome aboard.

Agreed. First one this year I feel is a bit suspect in terms of high level potential but I will trust the staff...

To be honest. Ive never felt this way. The kid has everything you want to see on his film but Im not in love with him. A bit of a reach. The staff must really love him to accept a verbal this early. I see a tough dominating football player but I struggle seeing his upside. Not sure if he's athletic enough to be a DE and not sure if he is big enough to play the interior. He will have to add alot of weight. Staff knows what they want. This kid has Daoust written all over him. Welcome aboard.

Shafer mentioned yesterday at the golf tourney that there were a few kids on campus that they really, really like. He said the next 2 weeks are hammertime recruiting-wise.

Agreed. First one this year I feel is a bit suspect in terms of high level potential but I will trust the staff...
It's hard not to be wowed by that highlight reel. The kid is vicious on O and bounces off multiple blockers on D. That was his junior year. He's still a boy.

I'm not wowed by the tape, although I'm wowed by his motor. But, if he can maintain basic speed while bulking up, he has a chance to contribute.

I don't know how he will translate in D1 ball, but I love his intensity and how he finishes each play with intensity. Hardnosed.

I could see this kid gaining 30lbs by his RS So year playing guard.

Imagine that intensity coming down the line from a pulling guard!

That is the intensity you want out of a player, so hard nosed. He will red shirt his freshman year and by his junior and senior year ( 21/22 years old) he is a kid right now and will be a man. I have a good feeling about this kid. I could be wrong definitely, but I am looking in the long term with this kid.

Developmental guy that is absolutely worth the risk considering his attitude and motor. Sometimes they are contributors like Macky and other times they struggle to see the field like Ben Lewis thus far. Either way the program is better with these guys in it.

Think he will eventually be a rotational tackle. Got to get to 290 area and bulk up to make up for limited athleticism.

Developmental guy that is absolutely worth the risk considering his attitude and motor. Sometimes they are contributors like Macky and other times they struggle to see the field like Ben Lewis thus far. Either way the program is better with these guys in it.

Think he will eventually be a rotational tackle. Got to get to 290 area and bulk up to make up for limited athleticism.
"Limited athleticism" now that's laughable. He looks very athletic and explosive for a defensive tackle. Do you mean to say you don't like him because he's white? He chases down a runnig back from behind and you say he's not athletic? What film are you watching? The staff brought him in very early in the process they must be pretty high on him.

I love his agility and quickness for a guy his size. I realize he's not an exciting 4 start Florida recruit but it's obvious that this kid can really play. He's just a nasty violent guy in the trenches and that's exactly what you want down there.