Class of 2015 - DT Anthony Giudice (CT) Signed LOI | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Anthony Giudice (CT) Signed LOI

Ok i wanted to wait until my itnitial emotions of a suprise commit had left. Its been said already. You cant teach the intangibles that this kid has. He is a violent relentless animal. He has 2 star measurables but has a 5 star heart. If he can get to 6'2 280 in 3 years and keep the same skills. Could be a Aaron Donald fellas. Stay tuned!!!!

This kid is bigger, and in much better shape than Bromley was when he arrived on the hill. He needs to add some size/strength to his lower body so he should be able to hit 280+ and without carrying any bad weight.

This kid is bigger, and in much better shape than Bromley was when he arrived on the hill. He needs to add some size/strength to his lower body so he should be able to hit 280+ and without carrying any bad weight.

How much did Bromley weigh then IO? I love Bromley but his biggest weakness was the quick run at.

Ok i wanted to wait until my itnitial emotions of a suprise commit had left. Its been said already. You cant teach the intangibles that this kid has. He is a violent relentless animal. He has 2 star measurables but has a 5 star heart. If he can get to 6'2 280 in 3 years and keep the same skills. Could be a Aaron Donald fellas. Stay tuned!!!!
If he does eventually get on the field, he's gonna be a fan favorite.

Bromley was 245 in HS, although there was an article that said 229.

Thanks CC. Bromley kept a lot of his quickness while adding weight and that isn't easy to do. Hopefully this young man can do the same as obviously you need to add as much muscle as possible over fat but I don't know the mass muscle he can add to his frame as everybody is different. Always interesting watching the big guys develop talent and size wise.

I'm excited. I consider this guy to be exactly the type of diamond in the rough recruit you want to add if our staff believes in them and thinks has been overlooked.

Played his sophomore year in NJ.

He played his junior year in New Jersey also. To date he has not played a high school game in Connecticut. He had played in a pretty decent conference in New Jersey. Avon Old Farms plays in the self-proclaimed top league in New England. For those who follow HS football closely how do the two conferences compare? Pretty even level of competition or is one clearly better than the other?

Didn't mean to start such a controversy, just meant to say he won't be a day one starter because he will have to add weight because he doesn't look like a DE to me. He could very well end up being Jay Bromley. I love the kids motor and toughness. Never meant to put down the kid.

Didn't mean to start such a controversy, just meant to say he won't be a day one starter because he will have to add weight because he doesn't look like a DE to me. He could very well end up being Jay Bromley. I love the kids motor and toughness. Never meant to put down the kid.
Really, just how many college freshman in football are day one starters. Almost none, especially the guys in the trenches. If this young man is in the rotation by his soph year I will be very happy, anything more than that and this is a phenomenal pick up.

I found out that way too many people on this board watch real housewives of nj today...

(I had to google it but are people actually watching that garbage?)

It's garbage, but entertaining garbage. Kind of like watching Julie Hermann and the Rutgers crew in action

be interesting to see what Skt and Rvls give him.

I'm excited about this kids motor and potential size, I'm surprised he got 3 from 24/7 though, I'd suspect 2 from both skt and rvl

Sorry my man, you set off 2 of my pet peeves at once. The white guy to white guy comparos, and the white guy lacking athleticism arguement. Suffice to say, we aren't taking "project" guys in June.

He played his junior year in New Jersey also. To date he has not played a high school game in Connecticut. He had played in a pretty decent conference in New Jersey. Avon Old Farms plays in the self-proclaimed top league in New England. For those who follow HS football closely how do the two conferences compare? Pretty even level of competition or is one clearly better than the other?
He played against Myles Hartfield and Donate Strickland from what I see

He played against Myles Hartfield and Donate Strickland from what I see
Ya I don't suppose anybody prejudged the kid incorrectly do you? They based their judgement on his race where they thought he had played and what they perceived to be a poor level of competition. The kid is a real find.

Last edited:
247 has him rated the #52 DT prospect in the country - a few spots ahead of Wes Annan and several ahead of Jamal Milan both of whom we have also offered.

Scout just gave him 2 stars.

On a completely unrelated note - his teammate Chris Clark is, like Anthony, also originally from NJ.

I found out that way too many people on this board watch real housewives of nj today...

(I had to google it but are people actually watching that garbage?)
I don't watch it but it has to be better than watching Rutgers play football.

JoeGiudiceEvidence.png

any relation?

I love how when people say good things about a commit, they are never wrong. If they say bad things about a commit, they are always wrong. (in regards to how people are quoted)

99% of fans here have no idea if a guy is a good prospect or not. Using highlight videos to determine the worth of a prospect is like judging a paper solely based on the conclusion.

When evaluating prospects, the most important questions are "what can he do" and "what can't he do". Highlight vids show the can. We have no idea on the can't.

I love how when people say good things about a commit, they are never wrong. If they say bad things about a commit, they are always wrong. (in regards to how people are quoted)

99% of fans here have no idea if a guy is a good prospect or not. Using highlight videos to determine the worth of a prospect is like judging a paper solely based on the conclusion.

When evaluating prospects, the most important questions are "what can he do" and "what can't he do". Highlight vids show the can. We have no idea on the can't.

Well, the vids can't show what he can't do because he, um, HASN'T DONE IT YET. Unless the videographer just missed that stuff. BAD, videographer, BAD.

I'm being silly to illustrate my new postulate: Absence of proof is not proof of absence, but it's better than nothing. As are the videos. Unless bad videography enters into the equation.

True but this is the internet and we all know everything! This is me for example:
internet-tough-guy.jpg

I was one of those guys.

Hey, it's not like I'm always right. Always happy to be wrong when I'm on the pessimistic side of the equation...
Well, the vids can't show what he can't do because he, um, HASN'T DONE IT YET. Unless the videographer just missed that stuff. BAD, videographer, BAD.

I'm being silly to illustrate my new postulate: Absence of proof is not proof of absence, but it's better than nothing. As are the videos. Unless bad videography enters into the equation.

So we are going to convert you.;)