DT Anthony Guidice transferring to Fordham | Syracusefan.com

DT Anthony Guidice transferring to Fordham

I could google it but was Anthony the guy who had to "re-earn" his scholarship after getting hurt his senior year?

Could be an interesting off season. Depth will continue to be an issue.

Could be an interesting off season. Depth will continue to be an issue.

Yes, but it is not numbers, but quality depth in the two-deep. The returning numbers are fine, in every unit except TE. Could build depth by adding grad transfers and jucos who can add to the starting unit.

Interesting. Just learned that Giudice is something like a third cousin of mine, so I was getting used to having a relative (who I don't know) on the team.

I've wondered if he is related to these Giudices
joe-giudice-family-today-151009-tease-02_e17c99f0103ad261887fab5005e693cb.jpg

Good luck to Anthony. Smart move to go somewhere where he has a chance to play.

Ginetti ended up at Rhode Island, where he had a pretty good frosh season.

Brandon Ginnetti - Rhode Island

I think just being healthy was a win for him after all he had been through with the injuries. Glad to see he's healthy and playing.

Thought he looked decent in his limited time

I agree - thought he had a real strong motor. I'll be following his career to see how it turns out. I think he could be an impact player at the FCS level or even at the low BCS level, AAC for example.

Ultimately this is no surprise, between our three talented sophomore DTackles, McKinley Williams and the fact that we landed our #1 target at DT for the 2017 class it is probably the position where we are the most solidified going forward. We have 4 guys at the position who have proven they're good enough to play at this level and not one of them is older than Anthony. This may end up being a good thing for both sides, as he gets to go somewhere that he gets a shot at playing time and we have a precious roster spot opening to help make the turnover from Shafer's kids to Babers kids that much quicker.

No offense to AG--wish him well wherever he lands--but this just opens up another scholarship to turn the roster over.

I'd expect more unexpected attrition like this before it is all said and done.

No offense to AG--wish him well wherever he lands--but this just opens up another scholarship to turn the roster over.

I'd expect more unexpected attrition like this before it is all said and done.

I have to imagine the Redshirt frosh and soph that came under Shafer and co will consider how they fit, especially those on defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom