Class of 2016 - DT Bo Peek (FL) Verbal to Stanford | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DT Bo Peek (FL) Verbal to Stanford

Really want this kid, our depth at DT is not to good. Not to mention he is a very good talent!

FREE ARTICLE...

Oct 06, 2014 | 03:01 pm
Peek has "best relationship" with Syracuse
1272352.jpg

Corey BenderFlorida Recruiting Analyst
1351289.jpg

Tampa (Fla.) Berkeley Prep defensive tackle, Bo Peek, is a gifted defensive tackle who's in the midst of a breakout junior campaign. Over the weekend, Peek made the stroll up to South Bend to visit Notre Dame and says the Fighting Irish probably have the "best fans" he's ever been around.
Bo Peek is a Florida boy who's been consumed with blue skies and palm trees for the majority of his upbringing in the Tampa Bay area. But the Tampa (Fla.) Berkeley Prep defensive tackle is always open to a change of scenery, and had that opportunity over the weekend when he set foot in South Bend for the Notre Dame game.
"I'll be honest with you, I didn't know what to expect," Peek said. "I got off the plane and loved the weather at first because it's so hot in Florida. I got to see their campus and facilities, which were beautiful. The fans were going crazy and talking to all of us recruits and stuff like that.
"I didn't know this was happening, but I got to do the walk in front of the players. I walked through thousands of Notre Dame fans, who were probably the best fans I've been around. The actual game atmosphere was unbelievable. It was raining and 31 degrees with wind-chill, and there were dudes with their shirts off going crazy."
Peek, a well-rounded defensive lineman whose game consists of both power and finesse, is the midst of a breakout season at 6-foot-3, 290-pounds.
The likes of Ole Miss, South Florida, Boston College, Syracuse, UCF and Vanderbilt have dished out scholarship offers to Peek, while Brian Kelly and the Fighting Irish continue to evaluate the three-star defensive lineman out of the 2016 class.
"As far as where I stand with them, they said I'm really high on their board and that they're going to come after me hard," Peek said. "They like me a lot and the head coach saw my film and loves it. I just have to keep my grades up because it's obviously a great academic school. I'll let my play do the speaking for itself."
This upcoming weekend, the Syracuse Orangemen will have a shot at drawing rave reviews from Peek as well. Scott Shafer's coaching staff jumped into the mix with an offer over the offseason with hopes of landing Peek's trust and support for the long haul.
"Out of all the schools, I think I have the best relationship with Syracuse's coaches," Peek said. "(Head) coach (Scott) Schafer, coach (Tim) Daoust, the defensive line coach, (quarterbacks) coach (Tim) Lester, I just have such a good relationship with all of them.
"They're always writing me handwritten letters and are on a real personal level with me, which is something I like. I know that comes with recruiting, but I actually feel good at Syracuse. That's why I'm excited to come up for my second visit."

*heavy breathing*

If we can just put a quality/competitive team on the field we will be getting some real nice recruits because right now that is our strength. Unfortunately for us, that's off the field and won't result in wins right away.

Stop.

Thank god I'm not on 690 right now

Offered by Stanford. That's the last school I wanted to see offer him.

I assume that means he shouldn't have any trouble academically qualifying for Stanford?

Does the kid he wants to play college ball with have an offer from Stanford or are they looking at him.. They seem really close.

Does the kid he wants to play college ball with have an offer from Stanford or are they looking at him.. They seem really close.

No Mathis doesn't have a Stanford offer yet.

Do you think it's just a coincidence that he picked up a RU offer on the day he's scheduled to travel to Syracuse?

Thats how they roll #chumpnation

I hope Doust and company can land this one; he is going to be a good recruiter for us like AJ long, if he comes here, IMO

During my flight back from Syracuse yesterday there was a huge guy sitting in front of me. Turned out to be Bo. I didn't want to come off as a stalker but said a few words to him and his dad. Both seemed to like what we are building and had some positive things to say about Coach Daoust. Bo was beat from hanging with some of the guys the night before. Overall they were 2 cool guys who would be great to have as part of the 'Cuse family.