Class of 2016 - DT Bo Peek (FL) Verbal to Stanford | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DT Bo Peek (FL) Verbal to Stanford

c7Qzd3Yx_normal.jpeg
Bo Peek@cuddie_bo · 38m
Just received my second offer from Syracuse #ACC
1f34a.png

http://bigcountypreps.com/181/not-m...f-you-do-well-youre-just-plain-weird-bo-peek/

Home / HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY /
“Not many people dislike steak and if you do, well, you’re just plain weird.” – Bo Peek
In HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, RECRUITING, RECRUITING FEATURES / By TEAM BCP / 31 March 2014

Bo-Peek.jpg

Bo Peek, Berkeley Prep
Bo Peek, Berkeley Prep 2016 DT is a man of many words. More to him than just size and strength, Peek is bright, intelligent and intellectual. The sophomore defensive tackle currently holds a verbal offer from Ole Miss and tons of interest. Peek took some time out to speak with us. We asked some interesting questions and he gave some interesting answers.
On any given day, Peek has a few options on things he could be doing. But when asked if he could be doing anything instead of being in class, what would you do, Peek had this to say. “It depends what time of day it is, either hangout with my friends and do something like go out to eat and a movie or go read a book and layout by the pool or go get a good lift in.” An expected answer from a kid who holds over a 3.0 GPA and values education as much as his personal relationships. Most of his closest relationships are with his teammates. Peek says his top three values in a teammate are loyalty, toughness, and the same level of love for the game of football as he has!
What colleges are showing strong college interest? “Ole Miss was the first to offer, otherwise, I know of a lot of schools coming down during Spring to watch either practice or the game. The list is upwards of 20 plus schools for Spring but I don’t know which ones have REAL serious interest. The ones I have met at school are Tennessee, Ohio State, Miami, Iowa State, Indiana, Princeton, and a few others. However, other schools such as Stanford have been in contact with Coach Ciao on a daily basis. Most recent to show interest are FSU and West Virginia. However, I’m still young and I’m not too worried about the recruiting process right now. It’s all about playing the game I love and have fun doing it.”
When it comes to role models, “This might be cliché but my parents. After getting married they had close to nothing and couldn’t even afford diapers. Since then, my parents have worked harder than anyone to make their business grow and to be able to provide for me and my siblings with an education like Berkeley.” Peek goes on to say he’s family has faced a lot having to move constantly and have been in a lawsuit quite a long time and parents have continued to work hard so the kids can have a good life. “To be able to play football like my dad in college and provide for my kids like my parents do would be a dream come true.”
Now lets get into the good stuff. Everything doesn’t need to be so serious all the time so we loosen it us some. We asked “Big Bo” 3 questions to get him to think a little and provide some entertaining answers:
What’s your favorite dish, and how would you convince someone who hated an ingredient to try it? “My favorite dish would have to be steak. Not many people dislike steak and if you do, well, you’re just plain weird.” – Bo Peek
If you could only listen to one song on repeat while at work, what song would that be and why? “Three Little Birds by Bob Marley, super relaxing and takes of the edge for any work I would need to do at the moment. Who doesn’t love Bob Marley?” – Bo Peek
Rate your starting QB on a scale of 1-10 (10 being Awesome) as a dresser and why? “Well it’d have to be a 10. It’s Brad Pretty Boy Mayes. He’s known for his level of dress.” – Bo Peek

That's Peek a Boo. LOL. As is Peek a Boo (Picabo) Street.

Impressive tape. He's shedding more with brute strength than technique. Drives with his lower half very well and seems to instinctively roll on contact.

Can anyone comment on the competition he's facing? All I know is he's not in SF.

Reportedly has offers from Syracuse and Ole Miss, and then mid majors Temple, UCF and USF.

1. Ali Peek Wilbur‏@Ali_Peek 15m
  2. So proud of my cousin, @cuddie_bo, who is spending the summer meeting coaches across the country. Hope that orange and blue blood prevails!

10:24 AM - 28 Jun 2014
  1. Bo (PG) Peek‏@cuddie_bo 14m
  2. @Ali_Peek thank you Ali! Love you so much, and who knows we will see!
  1. 10:25 AM - 28 Jun 2014
    '
    Ali Peek Wilbur‏@Ali_Peek 13m
    @cuddie_bo love you too! Whatever school lands you is very lucky! #smartandathletic #gatorlegacy

LOL. At first I though she was referring to Syracuse...I am guessing that his Father played for Florida.

I know it's early but have to think we are in good shape for an early commitment from him?

I know it's early but have to think we are in good shape for an early commitment from him?
I doubt we'll get an early commitment (i.e. before the summer) but we're definitely one of his top schools.

Every time I see his name, my brain defaults it to "Bo Peep" and my first thought it always, we are recruiting a mother goose story? Oh my poor brain...

The Berkeley Armada‏@BerkeleyArmada 12h
35 total offers have been given out to 8 players on the Berkeley football team.

Bo (PG) Peek retweeted
Aaron Fryer‏@Ace3219 5h
"Newest #Vandy offered prospect 2016 DT Bo Peek had 5 tfl and the game winning sack in tonight's game. Berkeley Prep won 33-28

TBO HighSchoolSports‏@TBO_PrepSports 8h
Berkeley Prep defeats Lakeland Christian 33-28 thanks to Bo Peek's sack in final minute.

Last edited:
Free blurb from 24/7...
http://ucf.2/47sports.com/Bolt/2016-targets-Mathis-Peek-shine-on-BHSN-31291264

2016 targets Mathis, Peek shine on BHSN
10 hours ago
UCF 2016 targets Jacob Mathis and Bo Peek shined when the lights were brightest during Thursday night's televised game between Berkeley Prep and Lakeland Christian on Bright House Sports Network. Mathis and Peek were crucial in their team's 33-28 win.
Mathis, a three-star tight end, has offers from the Knights, Florida Gators, Ole Miss, Miami and Ohio State. He won Player of the Game honors with six receptions for 87 yards and three touchdowns, one of which was the game-sealing, one-handed grab that put Berkeley Prep up for good in the fourth quarter.
As for Peek, he had a couple of tackles and one sack, but he saved his best for the biggest moment in the game. The three-star defensive tackle, who has offers from the Knights, USF, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt and Syracuse, sacked Lakeland Christian quarterback Christian Alexander on a 4th-and-16 play inside the red zone to seal the Buccaneers win.