Class of 2016 - DT Bo Peek (FL) Verbal to Stanford | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DT Bo Peek (FL) Verbal to Stanford

longtimefan said:
Stanford is, needless to say, tough to get into; even (maybe especially) for athletes. More than a few recent recruits have been rejected at the last moment by their admissions department. Based upon only anecdotal information, I would guess that Stanford admissions gives less wiggle room to their head coaches than does any other FBS school.

Standards at SU are about to get tougher. Maybe not Stanford tough, but harder.

Unless his grades completely crashed he will have no problem qualifying as of jan.

You never know with Stanford. We got Jarrod West and Shutang Mungwa after they didn't get into Stanford, they were both kids flirting with 4.0s and very good SATs. 126 FBS schools will get kids in for football if they need to, and then there's Stanford.

Of course, not wishing anything ill on him. I hope he gets to go to his dream school. If that doesn't work out, it'd be awesome to be a fallback plan.

these guys and their articles are sometimes head scratching. So two things:

"when asked if SU is actively recruiting Peek (the only question the NCAA allows programs to respond to regarding unsigned recruits) via text message on Wednesday afternoon, White did not immediately respond."

Ok so did he respond or not? If he did then what did he say?

I like this little bit because of the implications. The fact that Culpepper is very aware of his backfield matet: "Maybe he committed to Stanford because he thought Syracuse was a lesser football school," Culpepper said, "but me committing there and the four-star running back (Robert Washington) committing there, maybe that'll make him think, 'Hmm, maybe Syracuse isn't so bad after all,' and improve his mentality of it."

Next up Hawkins.

I like this little bit because of the implications. The fact that Culpepper is very aware of his backfield matet: "Maybe he committed to Stanford because he thought Syracuse was a lesser football school," Culpepper said, "but me committing there and the four-star running back (Robert Washington) committing there, maybe that'll make him think, 'Hmm, maybe Syracuse isn't so bad after all,' and improve his mentality of it."

Next up Hawkins.
And Washington was favoriting/retweeting stuff regarding Culpepper the other day, too, so clearly RW is aware of his new QB.

Isn't Mungwa the kid who gave up football and a college education to be a rapper?
One of the dumbest things I've ever seen a kid do. Let alone a kid that almost got into Stanford.

Any word on where this decision led him?

I have a way different take on that. He stayed in school and gave up football to pursue a dream. I have the utmost respect for that as he just as easily could have stayed on the team taking up a scholarship knowing full well his heart wasn't in it.

I have a good feeling about Bo and think he is considering us a lot more than people think. If we can get him on campus again, maybe come up with Rex the same weekend as Robert and his friends, I think we have a real good shot at a flip.

I wouldn't expect us to get so lucky, but by all means Rex and Scoop (and Judge) get to working on the man.

If we were lucky enough to have the opportunity to flip both Peek and Colon, would we, could we take both?

If we were lucky enough to have the opportunity to flip both Peek and Colon, would we, could we take both?

As I and others have said before, if you can grab a huge talent you do it and the numbers will work themselves out. We HAVE to take both if we get ultra lucky and get that chance

As I and others have said before, if you can grab a huge talent you do it and the numbers will work themselves out. We HAVE to take both if we get ultra lucky and get that chance
As I have said before in other spots in this forum we are not talking or taking Colon. He is not in our radar and we are not interested. Not explosive enough for our system.

As I have said before in other spots in this forum we are not talking or taking Colon. He is not in our radar and we are not interested. Not explosive enough for our system.

thats what i understood as well. If we are still looking for a DT i think it's Peek or bust.

I would say that were we to take a DT in this class, and the choices were Colon or Peek, I'd take Peek. Truth be told, though, I think James DeMatto would be a better get for us. Moves much better (no lumbering), better technique. Not as strong, but that can be fixed.

thats what i understood as well. If we are still looking for a DT i think it's Peek or bust.

I think Peek is the top choice, but I don't think it comes down to him or "bust." We've done very well mining the high school ranks for good system fit DTs. I'd expect someone in the Bromley / Crume / Samuels / Clark mold if we don't flip Peek.

Last edited:
I would say that were we to take a DT in this class, and the choices were Colon or Peek, I'd take Peek. Truth be told, though, I think James DeMatto would be a better get for us. Moves much better (no lumbering), better technique. Not as strong, but that can be fixed.

Is there mutual interest?

Is there mutual interest?
That's a good question. My guess is that the coaches are probably pretty happy with the DL situation as it currently stands. It seems like the skill positions are the ones that have their attention this year.

I think Peek is the top choice, but I don't think it comes down to him or "bust." We've done very well mining the high school ranks for good system fit DTs. I'd expect someone in the Bromley / Crume / Samuels / Clark mold if we don't flip Peek.

i say bust because of the limited # of spots left i'm not sure we're actively looking at any DT's right now but the door won't close on Peek.

jekelish what are you thinking here? Any chance of a flip? Getting a kid away from Stanford can't be easy.

jekelish what are you thinking here? Any chance of a flip? Getting a kid away from Stanford can't be easy.
I think there's a chance of a flip...but not necessarily a BIG chance. I know for certain he's still interested in SU, though. Just still more interested in Stanford. We shall see how it plays out, though.

I had a dream last night that Bo flipped to SU.

1) That means it has to count in reality, right?
2) I spend way too much time reading about recruiting.