Class of 2017 - DT Chris Elmore (IL) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 DT Chris Elmore (IL) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

The thing I take issue with, if true, is that Edsall called the kid in early January and assured him his spot was safe, only to call him a couple weeks later and tell him there was no room for him. That is a bigger dik move than the standard dik move that most coaches do, where they just stop calling the kid and his coach.

that's the kids' version of the story though and we can't hear the coaches side of things.

that's the kids' version of the story though and we can't hear the coaches side of things.
I see your point, but given how big of a DB Edsal is...could you believe a single word that he spewed?

I certainly wouldn't.

I agree, that's why I clarified with "if true". Bottom line is, they have to come up with a better system.

I heard he's more of an HBack at SU than a DT recruit. Would be interesting to see him on offense if that is the direction they go with him (and he signs with SU)

Just read this article last week! Interesting stuff.

Return of the Fullback Part III

The spread offense was popularized with the rise of the singleback offense, which basically replaced the fullback with a slot receiver. However, teams learned that finding dual-threat tight ends was pretty difficult and then they further learned that having a blocker off the ball could have value in a spread concept even though the team could no longer run “four-verticals” with only three WRs on the line.

First off in terms of the two-back run game, being able to insert a lead blocker at the point of attack has certain advantages that you don’t get when you have three WRs and a TE on the field. Perhaps more importantly though, the “smashmouth spread” is based around the tremendous advantage that you can get from forcing a defense to account for two potential ball carriers each working behind a lead block.

The H-back alignment is perhaps a little more common, as is the TE/H-back de-facto FB, because they’re often big enough to use the couple of steps to knock back a DE on a kick out or trap block.

The spread offense was popularized with the rise of the singleback offense, which basically replaced the fullback with a slot receiver. However, teams learned that finding dual-threat tight ends was pretty difficult and then they further learned that having a blocker off the ball could have value in a spread concept even though the team could no longer run “four-verticals” with only three WRs on the line.

First off in terms of the two-back run game, being able to insert a lead blocker at the point of attack has certain advantages that you don’t get when you have three WRs and a TE on the field. Perhaps more importantly though, the “smashmouth spread” is based around the tremendous advantage that you can get from forcing a defense to account for two potential ball carriers each working behind a lead block.

The H-back alignment is perhaps a little more common, as is the TE/H-back de-facto FB, because they’re often big enough to use the couple of steps to knock back a DE on a kick out or trap block.
Yes, good article. Dino wants a power element with his fast tempo.

Yes, good article. Dino wants a power element with his fast tempo.
Do you have any idea if Jesse Connors might be considered for the H-back? Not sure if has the size (220lbs) they're looking for to fill this role.

Do you have any idea if Jesse Connors might be considered for the H-back? Not sure if has the size (220lbs) they're looking for to fill this role.
Not sure how he will be utilized

I'm excited by this kid! I just watched the tape from his Jr. year and he's a load on the DL, good feet and fast for his size, and likes to hit. On offense, he blocks like a pulling guard, has good hands (he caught one for a TD getting his hands under the ball before it hit the ground), and looks imposing in the backfield. It's probably been mentioned here already, but does anyone remember William "the refrigerator" Perry?

LIES

I'm happy to get Chris Elmore but still a bit disappointed that we seem to be competing with MAC schools for this class.

I hope I'm wrong about that but it seems that fewer of our recruits - compared to the last three years - are being targeted by P5 schools.

Someone please reassure me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom