Class of 2017 - DT Chris Elmore (IL) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 DT Chris Elmore (IL) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Free Article

Syracuse Offers Elmore who Sets Visit Date

Syracuse Offers 3-star Chris Elmore who Sets Visit Date

Syracuse is pursuing a Western Michigan decommit.

Syracuse dished out an offer in the Midwest on Friday to Chicago (Ill.) Phillips defensive tackle Chris Elmore. Elmore decommitted from Western Michigan shortly before announcing the offer after learning WMU's coach P.J. Fleck was leaving to take the job at Minnesota.

"At this time, due to recent coaching changes, I have decided to reopen my recruitment," Elmore said on Twitter. "I thank Western Michigan and coach Fleck for all the love that they have shown me and they will still be one of the choices I consider. I just want to make sure I am making the right decision of where I will spend my next four years going to school and playing ball at."

Elmore says Syracuse actually offered over the summer, but he did not announce it due to his commitment status.

"I really like Syracuse," Elmore said. "I'm evaluating all of my options."

Analysis
Former linebacker and current fullback who brings physicality and explosive power to the position. Gets off the ball quickly, penetrates and spends a lot of time in the backfield. Is a powerful hitter when he gets to the ball carrier and is the same as a lead blocker, something he can still do in jumbo packages. Relatively new to the position, so still refining technique and hand usage. Fits ideally as a three-tech. Won't likely ever have the size to tie up blocks and eat up space, but can be a disruptive penetrator who can pursue.

The three-star defensive tackle prospect says the Orange are looking at him as a defensive tackle and fullback. He is officially visiting from January 20th through the 22th. Offensive coordinator Sean Lewis is his primary recruiter, and Elmore says the two have a strong relationship.

"It's really close seeing how both of us are Chicago guys," he said. "(His message is) just about how they would love to have a guy like me down there and we really talk about things outside of Syracuse. Just about being a man and life."

Elmore says he does not have any other official visit dates set and has not yet heard from P.J. Fleck about interest from Minnesota.

Syracuse currently has 22 commits in the 2017 class, which is ranked 43rd this cycle. Dino Babers and staff have the potential to have one of SU's highest ranked classes in the Scout era.

Not sure what Minnesota's need is at DT but they currently have 15 verbals and one DT. Hope Fleck doesn't need to of

Believe we have a really good shot here.

If Fleck doesn't come after him I would say we have a great shot, agree. Hope Lovie doesn't come after him either and try to keep him instate. Or Fitzgerald.

He publicly decommits from WMU and 15 minutes later posts an offer from Syracuse.
IMG_6112.GIF

Looking at him as a DT and... fullback? Interesting.

Size and speed and feet wise he reminds me alot of Whitlock, Wake DT? Kid was a beast.

OMG! Short yardage FB in the red zone? SIGN him up today! What an O threat - either a blocking nightmare or a Mack truck hitting a LB/DB at the 0-1 yard line? Guess who wins that battle!

I hope he picks CUSE and fulfills two needs - yes we really need this kid on the D side of the ball too - in one sholie!

OMG! Short yardage FB in the red zone? SIGN him up today! What an O threat - either a blocking nightmare or a Mack truck hitting a LB/DB at the 0-1 yard line? Guess who wins that battle!

I hope he picks CUSE and fulfills two needs - yes we really need this kid on the D side of the ball too - in one sholie!
Kinda see Ruff in that exact role...

He is all MN if Fleck offers. If not hes ours. Based on his interview he is extremely close with Fleck. Maybe Lewis and Dino can pull it off but it will be very difficult if PJ wants him.

He is all MN if Fleck offers. If not hes ours. Based on his interview he is extremely close with Fleck. Maybe Lewis and Dino can pull it off but it will be very difficult if PJ wants him.
Fleck flipped five WMU verbals yesterday. Elmore wasn't one of them. It's about the numbers at Minnie too. Too late to do a major house cleaning with NLI only one month away. A lot of youth on the Minnie roster.

GOPHERSPORTS.COM Official Football Roster :: University of Minnesota Official Athletic Site :: Football

looks like 2 out of the 5 where d-lineman he took and that makes 6 in the last two years for Minny. Fleck may have rated those players higher than the recruiting services.
I take that as a very big positive for us and even after yesterday our class is still rated higher.

So is this like the only kid who didn't get offered by fleck to join him at Minny?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom