Class of 2016 - DT Christian Colon (NC) to Colorado State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DT Christian Colon (NC) to Colorado State

I cant figure out how to post baileys article but it should be here any second. If moe neal commits colon becomes a real posiblity. If they do Mayden becomes much more likley...if all that happens before the opening Haskins will take notice. I am moving my haskins prediction to 15% today

Edit:and there it is

snowball effect... tommy likey.

Agree. Need another domino to fall. These guys all want to play together for sure.

Fun stuff. Good work on the twitters ;).
Yep, we just need that second player to pull the trigger. Washington is great, and I love that players are taking notice...but one player is one player. Two players is the start of a trend. Three players is the start of a movement.

I love all of this potential, but these guys just have to make sure they don't get too carried away with the changing the program stuff. We all saw how some people took Wayne Williams comments, and then we saw how hard of a time AJ Long got. There is a fine line between stating that you want to continue to build the program, and i'm going to come in with my friends and do it starting with us.

I love all of this potential, but these guys just have to make sure they don't get too carried away with the changing the program stuff. We all saw how some people took Wayne Williams comments, and then we saw how hard of a time AJ Long got. There is a fine line between stating that you want to continue to build the program, and i'm going to come in with my friends and do it starting with us.

If it means we get a top 25 recruiting class, they can say whatever the hell they want as far as I'm concerned. They'll come in with a chip on their shoulder, and the vets will either put them in their place, or lose their jobs. Simple as that.

If it means we get a top 25 recruiting class, they can say whatever the hell they want as far as I'm concerned. They'll come in with a chip on their shoulder, and the vets will either put them in their place, or lose their jobs. Simple as that.

word... plus, we need a winner's mentality. im not sure we've had that the past 10 years.

anomander said:

Yeah - I agree with this. But current players need to understand that coming off a 3-9 season - some program turnaround is in order.

Yeah - I agree with this. But current players need to understand that coming off a 3-9 season - some program turnaround is in order.
Yep. And keep in mind, some of the guys really getting into the social media recruiting are guys like Pickard and Ellison - so it's not just starting with RW.

Sounds like some healthy competition would ensue. And honestly, except for a few select positions, I would not expect any incoming "4 star" types of guys to unseat anyone right away.

Plus, the players know what's up. When recruits with offers from Alabama, Florida, Michigan, etc. start coming on board, that is a different level of player. AJ Long might have seemed presumptuous based on that criterion. For all the good, but not-as-heralded players, the question they need to keep in mind is: if you had offers from Florida, Alabama, and Michigan, would you still have picked Syracuse? If not, then you have no justification to complain about the "new blood" who did make that choice.

Kind of wish someone flashy like Jonathan Thomas would get into recruiting as well.

Kind of wish someone flashy like Jonathan Thomas would get into recruiting as well.
Just out of curiosity...why exactly is Jonathan Thomas considered "flashy" to you?

Just out of curiosity...why exactly is Jonathan Thomas considered "flashy" to you?
Talking more personality, from everything I've seen on his twitter he seems like a good humored, cool guy. When I say flashy, I mean it in a positive way. Not like a prima donna. Kinda just seems like a Cool funny kid, like AJ Long. Seems kinda hollywood to me.

fDTyV3b.jpg

Talking more personality, from everything I've seen on his twitter he seems like a good humored, cool guy. When I say flashy, I mean it in a positive way. Not like a prima donna. Kinda just seems like a Cool funny kid, like AJ Long. Seems kinda hollywood to me.

fDTyV3b.jpg

I'm not so sure that I'd refer to him as a cool kid. We kind of got burned by that nickname before...;)

Only retweets on this front have been UNC fans refuting the existence, or suggesting his color is not Orange, but Carolina Blue. We've gotta get a kid like this on campus, then things may swing.

bcubs9497 said:
Steven, Tyler, and Christian could be "The Thick Orange Line" (to steal from Kipling) :D

Coach D has done so much with lesser talent on the line. It's going to be something with those guys.

Really hope we can keep Daoust for a while..

Me too, although I can't see him lasting as a position coach too much longer. We have been lucky enough to keep him this long.

anomander said:
Me too, although I can't see him lasting as a position coach too much longer. We have been lucky enough to keep him this long.

He has stayed because we made him Asst. Head Coach. Bigger title, more responsibilities and more pay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom