Class of 2016 - DT Christian Colon (NC) to Colorado State | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DT Christian Colon (NC) to Colorado State

I love Daoust, but, he's not a forever assistant.

Very talented coach who will have options. Opposition knows this. There is loyalty with our staff, but, at some point we all grow and move on.

The longer he's Orange, the better for us.

He has stayed because we made him Asst. Head Coach. Bigger title, more responsibilities and more pay.

Just curious, in your opinion, how long do you think that buys us?

If our DL continues performing, he will get a coordinator job sooner rather than later.

jkm54 said:

2 years?

Free Article..

Garcia: "Christian Colon was one of the better defensive linemen in attendance. He had as much success against a very good offensive line group as anyone. He had success with his raw power and hand quickness, including one of his final reps in which the entire crowd ooh'd and ah'd when he swam past a blocker. When Colon was slowed, it was largely due to a lack of counter moves when his first step quickness and hand technique weren't good enough initially to win the battle. Overall, Colon validated what Scout thought of him as a high three-star defensive tackle, capable of playing early at many power five programs."

Time, time is good for us, gives us chances to bring in others to convince Colon we are legit building a team this year.

WOW, Great work! I wish he'd announce earlier than November. At least that will give him plenty of time to get up to CNY (hopefully with Washington and Neal among others) and see for himself that SU is the school for him.

Love it!...except I think I saw McF it's name in there. Exceptional job otherwise.

Saw it somewhere, can't recall where, that Colon's mom is apparently a Cortland grad.

Finally watched his tape. Interesting prospect with undeniable raw ability. Incredible size and perfect build for a 1 technique. Moves extremely well for his size, especially when he gets in the backfield and opens up his gait in pursuit. Also impressed with his situational awareness, seems to always get his hat in the hole and reacts well to the play. That said, alot of things need work...agree very much that you start giving Daoust this caliber of building block and it gets scary real quick.

Hope I'm wrong, but don't have a good feeling about this one.

I think we make the top 5 but I also think it will be too difficult to recruit against penn st for a defensive lineman. Hopefully he has an affinity for the ACC based on his NC roots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom