Class of 2016 - DT Christian Colon (NC) to Colorado State | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DT Christian Colon (NC) to Colorado State

I could have sworn we cooled on him because we wanted more athletic DT's. Could be wrong though.
I do believe you are correct. Nothing to do with RW, everything to do with the fact that honestly, we just don't like him that much as a prospect for our scheme.

That's incredibly strange.

He didn't fit the old staff's defensive scheme. Would he fit the new staff's scheme?

grades?

Wonder what his senior year was like. Could be another case of a kid plateauing as a junior. PSU basically recruited over him and cut ties, and he's had a hard time latching on anywhere after that.

I remember not that long ago that most of us on this forum was red hot on this guy and now
aren't giving him a look or care.

I remember not that long ago that most of us on this forum was red hot on this guy and now
because if you watch his tape he's just not that good. PSU cut him loose.

Yeah, guys who rate recruits by stars without a clue.

The same ones (most of whom have never played beyond HS 15+ years ago - if that - or coached) who said SU's early commits were "great" gets and they "really liked his tape." Or they were great "sleepers" that Shafer outsmarted everyone else on. The same commits Dino immediately dumped and whose great film has them landing at lower level schools or still waiting on offers.

Last edited:
Yeah, guys who rate recruits by stars without a clue.

The same ones (most of whom have never played beyond HS 15+ years ago - if that - or coached) who said SU's early commits were "great" gets and they "really liked his tape." Or they were great "sleepers" that Shafer outsmarted everyone else on. The same commits Dino immediately dumped and whose great film has them landing at lower level schools or still waiting on offers.
Yeah I've noticed that. Pretty much every recruit that Syracuse gets a verbal from, people "like their tape a lot". As soon as they decommit, or get dumped, it's "no big loss."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom