Class of 2017 - DT Fred Hansard (NJ) Verbal to PSU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 DT Fred Hansard (NJ) Verbal to PSU

Freddo_Ehh @omg_freddo_ehh · 40m 40 minutes ago

#BeyondBlessed to say I received my 3rd offer from Syracuse !!
1f64f.png
1f34a.png
1f3c8.png
pic.twitter.com/9lM4sdkSRI

B_1Z291U0AAL2ws.jpg

B_1Z3UdUcAAT569.jpg

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...er.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Fred Hansard, accompanied by his mother and father, picked up an offer from Kyle Flood Saturday, following Rutgers' 45-23 win over the Indiana Hoosiers. The 6-4, 290-pound Hun (Princeton, N.J.) defensive tackle, also holds an offer from Temple, and is poised for a national recruitment.
"A lot of schools are telling me they like my footwork, my speed, my quickness and my hands," said Hansard, who transferred from Camden Catholic prior to the 2014 season and re-classified from a junior to a sophomore.

However, at the moment, his Rutgers opportunity is what stands out to him.

"I like Rutgers, really," said Hansard, who attended the Indiana game. "When I went there, it was a good atmosphere. Everybody was cool, everything was cool up there. Just like the crowd and the fans, how they get hyped and stuff. It was exciting."

The athletic 16-year old has also visited Temple and has a visit to Penn State slated for Nov. 28. He hopes to visit Virginia Tech and Old Dominion, next spring.

However, the school Hansard will ultimately attend will likely have a strong criminal justice program and football culture.

"I'm trying to study forensics, so I need to go to a school with a good criminal justice program and a good sports team," he said.

Hansard is being recruited on both sides of the ball. He says Rutgers offered him as a defensive tackle while Temple likes him on both offense and defense.

But Hansard has a preference.

"I like defensive tackle because I get to show my quickness, my speed and get to the running back and the quarterback," said Hansard.

Regarding location, Hansard is still on the fence.

"I'm not sure yet," he said. "Im still talking about it and trying to assess my options."

In 2014, Hansard accumulated 34 total tackles, 23 for loss, five sacks, five quarterback hurries, a blocked punt and a fumble recovery for a touchdown. His team went 7-1 (5-0) and won the Mid-Atlantic Prep League title.

CuseNation 15m15 minutes ago
2017 DT Fred Hansard (@omg_freddo_ehh) will not visit Syracuse today, but instead visit for the spring game

Thought that was odd that he would be visiting today with the coaches clinic and no practice today.

Kid looks like a young Bruce Smith. That is a rather large young man and looks like he is built like a brick $hlithouse for being only 16 years old.

Would be great if we could land him but I know that is a ways off as he is a 2017.