Class of 2016 - DT McKinley Williams (FL) SIGNED LOI | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DT McKinley Williams (FL) SIGNED LOI

RF2044 said:
This guy always seemed like an athletic developmental project at DT. He'll most likely redshirt, giving him an extra year to add "good" weight to his frame. He'll be at DT weight in two years.

Im not sure any of our DL recruits will redshirt thus year it'd be nice if we could do this

6'4" 255 as a HS senior...does not look like a linebacker. I am guessing he is heavier than that right now, just looks pretty well proportioned and in good shape as he ought to be. About 3 months in the S&C program we will see what he clocks in at for Fall ball, I am guessing 280+.

Assuming he's 255-260, he'll need a good 30 pounds to play inside. It'll be hard for him to do that in 3 months within our S&C program simply because there's an awful lot more "conditioning" than there was when Hicks was running the program. My guess is that, if he plays this year, it'll be at DE. Otherwise, it's a redshirt.

Assuming he's 255-260, he'll need a good 30 pounds to play inside. It'll be hard for him to do that in 3 months within our S&C program simply because there's an awful lot more "conditioning" than there was when Hicks was running the program. My guess is that, if he plays this year, it'll be at DE. Otherwise, it's a redshirt.
Florida QB Will Grier Suspended for SARM Use (Ligandrol)

One interesting thing to keep in mind is an article originally posted on August 2, 2015, proclaiming that Grier added 42lbs during an unknown timeframe (possibly enrollment).[4]

Been trying to get it for my kid;)

Just curious - do you think the new offense has any impact on the average playing weight of linemen? Does a faster offense require linemen to be lighter at all?

That makes alot of sense and since our new s&c program seems less meathead circa 1985 and more fast twitch it will take time to add the weight. Makes alot of sense to play him as a DE this year for some needed depth . Couldnt he get a shirt his soph year to possibly add strength and bulk and play inside?

Just curious - do you think the new offense has any impact on the average playing weight of linemen? Does a faster offense require linemen to be lighter at all?

I have read that the ideal oline in this system is both big and agile. As fast as this system is, the first read is run so the ability to get off the ball and hold quick blocks, then pass protect of need be is essential.

That makes alot of sense and since our new s&c program seems less meathead circa 1985 and more fast twitch it will take time to add the weight. Makes alot of sense to play him as a DE this year for some needed depth . Couldnt he get a shirt his soph year to possibly add strength and bulk and play inside?

I understand that Babers has also changed up the food menu and Baby Doll is cooking healthier meals. Some of the players have put on "good weight".

This could be Slayton all over again. I wouldn't waste a year playing him at D End. Especially if he's no better than the other 3 freshman. He has the frame to be a very athletic DT.

As it concerns OL, I'm not sure so much about a requirement for them to be lighter, but certainly more cardiovascularly fit.

Our OL are trying to get bigger but still keep their endurance. DL, I'll let BCubs answer.
From what I've been told, Steven's training regimen seems to be emphasizing quickness, agility, and stamina over raw brute strength. Not that brute strength is neglected, however. Personally, I think the new S&C staff is taking the correct approach. I can tell you for sure that Steven is a sht-ton faster, especially with his hands and feet, than he was at this time last year. It's not even close. What's really cool is that he's not lost his pure power, either. He still squats over 620 and reps 34ish at 225.

bcubs9497 said:
From what I've been told, Steven's training regimen seems to be emphasizing quickness, agility, and stamina over raw brute strength. Not that brute strength is neglected, however. Personally, I think the new S&C staff is taking the correct approach. I can tell you for sure that Steven is a sht-ton faster, especially with his hands and feet, than he was at this time last year. It's not even close. What's really cool is that he's not lost his pure power, either. He still squats over 620 and reps 34ish at 225.

I mean this in the kindest way, your boy is a freak. And I am thankful he is our freak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom