Class of 2015 - DT/OG Andrejas Duerig (IL) Signed LOI | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT/OG Andrejas Duerig (IL) Signed LOI

Seems like for linemen were more than okay with taking low p-5, MAC guys with intelligence and a mean streak.

We'd all like high p-5 - but our recent track record with OL is so solid, I'm trusting our staff.

Looks like the Duerig family stopped by Sliders during their visit to Syracuse. Sliders is a small burger and fries restaurant on Marshall Street. If you are in the mood for a burger and fries, this is a good place to get it on the Hill.

1798721_826477684034510_1679426993_n.jpg

The Sliders Challenge is one of those food eating challenges some restaurants have these days. You have to eat 20 sliders and 1 large order of Belgian Fries in 30 minutes.

10363345_897019620313649_6721486223506598402_n.jpg

10338237_899975496684728_74596763010356729_n.jpg

You can see the enormity of the task here, as they laid out Andrejas' food just prior to the start of the challenge (photo taken from the Sliders Facebook page).

Andrejas apparently came close but could not finish the deal. As of May 20th, only 3 people have vanquished this challenge.

Personally, I think Dccuse could complete it, along with 4 or 5 cold ones, as could Lil'Bees (who isn't little anymore).

They were truly blessed with a gift. Or a curse. I guess it is a blessing or a curse, depending on if you are selling the food or paying for it.
Those Belgian Fries are definitely the hardest part of the challenge, they fill you up in a second.

Outside of Evans having an offer from Maryland our last 3 commits are MAC kids. Killing it would be a bunch of kids with Strickland's offer sheet, like DKelly. That would be killing it.

What written offers a kid has around NSD is all that matters. Many of these kids blow up once they've committed places. Syracuse has stressed getting in on kids early before other bigger schools start sniffing around.

He may get new offers since he made a verbal to SU. Some are leaders some just follow.

Well said. Sometimes a staff can't win, if we get on a kid early and he commits without much of an offer list the staff is settling. If we offer a kid who already has some good offers people ask why they didn't offer him earlier. Illinois and Purdue both blow and neither of their staffs have shown they can do anything besides lose a lot to this point.

24/7 is a joke, i don't care what they have our class ranked.

Not surprising you would feel that way about some good "press" for a change, so how does the "bnoro barometer rating index" place the Orange at? And quite frankly, the four major recruiting sites are what they are, and you take it for what they are worth at face value. Having Syracuse rising in any and all of these is a "positive", and quite frankly I could care less who agrees with them or not. IMO, our recruiting is on the right track, and these sites are starting to show that progress. You can go with that or not, I for one am going with it. Nice to see our Coaching Team efforts start to see the dividends they deserve.

What written offers a kid has around NSD is all that matters. Many of these kids blow up once they've committed places. Syracuse has stressed getting in on kids early before other bigger schools start sniffing around.

Two other BCS camps, no offers. I just call it like I see it.

I don't think Clausman or Byrne picked up offers from their camp run either. Cincy maybe. But not Kentucky or Indiana.

I don't think its cause for concern but i dont think people should bury their head in the sand about it either. Outside of Evans having an offer from Maryland our last 3 commits are MAC kids. Killing it would be a bunch of kids with Strickland's offer sheet, like DKelly. That would be killing it.

I'm actually pretty surprised these kids don't have more offers. Conway has a respectable offer sheet, and Adams had the UMD offer, but the rest are inexplicably empty. I really don't see a reach in the group, but I do think you are right that we can't say we are killing it. imo what's holding the offers back is other then the STA guys, the other 3 are developmental projects. Conway is extremely raw (with the highest ceiling), while Duerig, and Adams have some work to do especially in the pass blocking part of the game.

Still I would be shocked if all 5 of these kids don't pick up a bunch more P5 offers before NSD. Even then it will be tough to judge since a lot of schools will probably back off since they are committed. Regardless I don't think there was a reach in the group. Would it have been worth it holding off on any of these guys waiting for the perceived better prospect? imo I don't think it would have been worth it. We have 5 guys we obviously really like. Now we can sit back, and either shoot for the stars for 1 more elite OL prospect, or just get to work on 2016. Lots of good happens with getting slots filled early.

With GM's fast paced offense, I would imagine a lot of linemen won't fit, and some of them might be 4 stars. Saban gets all the 5 stars, and complains to the NCAA, about schools that run a lot of plays. The need for athletes on both sides of the ball is going to be important in the future.

I'm actually pretty surprised these kids don't have more offers. Conway has a respectable offer sheet, and Adams had the UMD offer, but the rest are inexplicably empty. I really don't see a reach in the group, but I do think you are right that we can't say we are killing it. imo what's holding the offers back is other then the STA guys, the other 3 are developmental projects. Conway is extremely raw (with the highest ceiling), while Duerig, and Adams have some work to do especially in the pass blocking part of the game.

Still I would be shocked if all 5 of these kids don't pick up a bunch more P5 offers before NSD. Even then it will be tough to judge since a lot of schools will probably back off since they are committed. Regardless I don't think there was a reach in the group. Would it have been worth it holding off on any of these guys waiting for the perceived better prospect? imo I don't think it would have been worth it. We have 5 guys we obviously really like. Now we can sit back, and either shoot for the stars for 1 more elite OL prospect, or just get to work on 2016. Lots of good happens with getting slots filled early.

Lets see two starters on the OL for one of the best high school teams in the country ... mmmm yes please ... I don't care if they only hear from Podunk U.

Khalil Mack had no major offers.

Eric Fisher, I doubt had many major offers.

Jay Bromley had no other major offers.

Coaching, weight training and a chip on your shoulder take you a long way let me tell you.

Not surprising you would feel that way about some good "press" for a change, so how does the "bnoro barometer rating index" place the Orange at? And quite frankly, the four major recruiting sites are what they are, and you take it for what they are worth at face value. Having Syracuse rising in any and all of these is a "positive", and quite frankly I could care less who agrees with them or not. IMO, our recruiting is on the right track, and these sites are starting to show that progress. You can go with that or not, I for one am going with it. Nice to see our Coaching Team efforts start to see the dividends they deserve.
Our recruiting is absolutely on the right track. I just don't need 24/7 to give some ridiculous inflated rating that results in the Post Standard bashing us at the end of the year when it's in the 40s. We're going to have a great class for our standards.

Our recruiting is absolutely on the right track. I just don't need 24/7 to give some ridiculous inflated rating that results in the Post Standard bashing us at the end of the year when it's in the 40s. We're going to have a great class for our standards.
That's what it takes, small steps forward!

SU should probably cover up those Big East logos on the jerseys of the players depicted on the wall.

Cuselegacy, just looked at your posted Instagram picture. Looks like AJ gained 50 pounds in the last year. Telling you, this is the second coming of Brock Lesner!

Isn't he the kid we said was Ronnie from JS?

He must've read this thread.

Yes I made the mistake of the Ronnie comparison ... my bad ... but hey its cool he reads this ...

Yes I made the mistake of the Ronnie comparison ... my bad ... but hey its cool he reads this ...
Nothing to be ashamed of.

We're famous.

:cool:

I took it as a kid with a good sense of humor trying to connect. Nothing to be shy about it means he likes us. The scout article talked about his intelligence and always putting his best foot forward. Which makes him a good fit for SU. At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. was at a camp and said he's more impressive in person. Agile,mobile and moves real well. I think HHSC & staff did well here.

I took it as a kid with a good sense of humor trying to connect. Nothing to be shy about it means he likes us. The scout article talked about his intelligence and always putting his best foot forward. Which makes him a good fit for SU. was at a camp and said he's more impressive in person. Agile,mobile and moves real well. I think HHSC & staff did well here.

I suppose that is fair ... hell at least I didn't call him snooki ...