Class of 2015 - DT/OG Andrejas Duerig (IL) Signed LOI | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT/OG Andrejas Duerig (IL) Signed LOI

I think he has a lot in common with Macky. Tough, aggressive, really mobile and really smart. He will be a good fit at center (assuming he can handle the shotgun; Ryan Bartholomew, I am looking at you).
Well if I see an IL native post #WannabelikeMac I think we'll know he reads here. Welcome Andrejas glad to have you in ORANGE!

Bqlz3QFIIAArZbC.jpg:large

What is the National Collegiate Scouting Association? In the article it states, "But when his National Collegiate Scouting Association recruiting profile matched him up with a bunch of potential schools, Syracuse was the only one that came back as a 100-percent match."
How much stock do kids place in this "recruiting profile match"? Im not really to sure how I feel about an organization that matches players with schools thereby influencing their decisions. Anyone have any insight into this?

What is the National Collegiate Scouting Association? In the article it states, "But when his National Collegiate Scouting Association recruiting profile matched him up with a bunch of potential schools, Syracuse was the only one that came back as a 100-percent match."
How much stock do kids place in this "recruiting profile match"? Im not really to sure how I feel about an organization that matches players with schools thereby influencing their decisions. Anyone have any insight into this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Collegiate_Scouting_Association_Athletic_Recruiting

athletic guidance counselors

You do bring up a good point though, it is a service that tries and helps players but it is not a nonprofit. There is potential for something good to become corrupt. I am just glad we got him.

Last edited:
http://seoj.ncsasports.org/football/il/chicago/mount-carmel-high-school/andrejas-duerig
Isn't this the same thing? I don't know how much the coaches look at this stuff. Regardless I'm happy all signs pointed orange for him.

Andrejas Duerig ‘15 Recruiting Profile
  • Mount Carmel High School
  • Lowell, IN
  • Football
athlete_283482_profile.jpg

Height:
6'4"
Weight:
Prim. Position:
DE
Sec. Position:
OG
40 Yard Dash
Bench Press
Squat
00:00
00:00 | 04:09

Personal Statement
It might seem cliche to say that one of my long term goals is to play in the NFL. I love the game of football. I love watching it and I love playing it. Having a father who is 6"8 and 330 lbs the number one question my parents would get is "your son's going to play football right?". I started playing Pop Warner at age 8, that first year our team was undefeated. Even though I was 8 I will never forget that feeling of victory and the reward of all the hard practices in the August humidity. I have been raised to work my hardest and to always give 100% with everything I do. I feel that I have proved that in what I have done to get to where I am today. An example is when I went through a growth spurt where my feet grew to a size 18. Yes, at 14 that makes it a little difficult at times. I decided to work with Jared Tomich a former NFL player and his sports enhancement program to work on my footwork. I was the joke of my football team. They gave me the nick name "speed school" I embraced it as I knew that this was something that would make me better player. It has definitely improved my performance on the field. Sophomore year I attend Big Red Football Camp I did not even make the top 10 for fastest runners. Junior year I came in 2nd for the "big man" race. My continued dedication has put me starting offense and defense this year with several varied positions that I play. My coach has me playing right guard, tight end, defensive end, special teams, field goal and punt return. Our team gives out team awards for each game. So far for the first 5 games I have received the "Pancake Maker" award for the most pancake blocks in our games 4 times. I feel being able to continue to play the sport that I love will open the doors for me to be able to help others. I would love to start a youth organization helping kids get off the streets and get on to a court or a field. I have parents who have stood behind my dreams and aspirations, I would love the opportunity to help kids who do not have parents like that or the resources to put their child into sports. There is so many things that we as a society can do to build each other up I feel helping kids is one of them. I will not be able to achieve any of these goals without having the solid foundation of a school that will help me grow as a student, athlete and most important leader. I am looking for a school that will challenge me and in turn I can make that school proud with what I accomplish in life. Thank you for taking the time in looking over my profile.

Big boy. No BCS offers.
I remember a kid that just started playing football, not rated, no BCS or any offers for that matter, yet played in 11 games his first season...Isaiah Johnson, and the point here would be that AD doesn't have any big time offers is? From what I can see, has all the tools upstairs and in the apartment building to be a starter here. If his drive matches all that, it is exactly the type player we love to have at Syracuse.

SU should probably cover up those Big East logos on the jerseys of the players depicted on the wall.
Agreed, time to do a photo upgrade boys!

I remember a kid that just started playing football, not rated, no BCS or any offers for that matter, yet played in 11 games his first season...Isaiah Johnson, and the point here would be that AD doesn't have any big time offers is? From what I can see, has all the tools upstairs and in the apartment building to be a starter here. If his drive matches all that, it is exactly the type player we love to have at Syracuse.

Johnson committed at almost the same date two years ago and at the time of his commitment had offers from Wake Forest, Connecticut, Temple and Hawaii.

Schoonveld was a beast looks like AJ won't be lacking in the strength department training with him

Johnson committed at almost the same date two years ago and at the time of his commitment had offers from Wake Forest, Connecticut, Temple and Hawaii.
So one site reported, wake was only listed as an offer by one site and in an article by orange troy, but that wasn't the point. The kid (AD) was rated a solid 3 star by ESPi, 2/47, and scoots and just barely short of being a 3 from rovals. I don't really care what offers he had or did not.

Last edited by a moderator: