Class of 2015 - DT/OG Andrejas Duerig (IL) Signed LOI | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT/OG Andrejas Duerig (IL) Signed LOI

Bz1tH53CQAEnbMX.jpg:large

Spectacular senior picture
If the guy has his senior picture in a Syracuse shirt, that is nearly as firm a commitment as a tattoo on the bicep, right?!?! I mean, it'd be weird if his parents put up those photos around the house, or he pulls out the old yearbook and shows his grand kids having to explain he decided to decommit and went elsewhere. Think it's pretty safe to say this kid is 100% Orange, no matter who may come calling late.

http://m.beverlyreview.net/mobile/n...cle_693ca314-6458-11e4-8022-001a4bcf6878.html

Numerous penalties and a turnover put Mt. Carmel in danger of losing to Batavia in the opening round of the Class 7A playoffs.
However, a huge penalty on the Bulldogs and a miscue on special teams turned the fortunes in the Caravan’s favor.
Mt. Carmel scored 14 points in the fourth quarter to rally for a 21-16 victory in a battle of defending state champions at Batavia on Nov. 1.
“We had a turnover in the first half and some foolish penalties that stopped some drives; but the [roughing the kicker] penalty was as good as a turnover for us, and we were lucky to take it down and score some points. There’s no doubt that was a turning point,” said Mt. Carmel Coach Frank Lenti. “We felt like it would be tough for them to stop our offense because they don’t see our offense. They had to prepare in three days for what we do for three months. The big thing we wanted to do was eat up the clock. The idea was to first-down them to death so we could keep their explosive offense off the field.”
The Caravan (6-4) faced a fourth-and-26 late in the third quarter, but the roughing-the-punter flag kept the drive alive. Mt. Carmel took advantage, driving 44 yards on the next five plays to regain a 13-10 lead with 11:38 left in the game.
Junior running back A.J. Lewis (21 carries, 95 yards, two touchdowns) found the end zone from three yards out to complete the drive. Zac Mirabelli made the extra point to make it 14-10.
“We must like these close games,” said Lewis with a smile. “Adversity has been our best friend this season. The coaches tell us we are going to face it every week. [Quarterback Anthony Thompson] got in the huddle during that scoring drive, and he said that we were seeing adversity and what were we going to do about it? We could either lie down and let it happen and lose the game 10-7, or we can go out and kick butt and score like we did.”
After Mt. Carmel forced a punt, the Caravan embarked on a trademark long drive that chewed up much of the remaining 10 minutes off the clock. Mt. Carmel threw only one time on a 16-play drive that ended on a long missed field-goal attempt with 3:42 left.
Jake Cirame, Andrejas Duerig, Matthew McKay, Matthew Reyes and Jack White opened holes to help the Caravan rush for four first downs, including a nine-yard scamper by Lewis on fourth and three midway through the possession.
The Caravan special-teams squad then took its turn making a big play when junior Foster Williams blocked a punt inside the Bulldogs 10.
Two plays later, Lewis found the end zone again from three yards out to extend the lead to two scores with 2:32 remaining.
Batavia quickly marched down the field to trim the deficit to 21-16 with 1:12 remaining, but for the second week in a row, the Caravan recovered an onside kick to seal the win. Kyle Czubak did the on-side honors this week.
Mt. Carmel’s defense, led by Andrew Guerra, Troy Weisennhofer, DeAndre Greer, Terrell Greer and Kevin Thurmon, continued to make big strides after struggling for much of the season. The defense kept Batavia off the board when the Bulldogs started a drive at the Mt. Carmel 11-yard line following a blocked punt late in the second quarter.
“Our defense was fighting and kept coming,” said Guerra, who had a sack. “We had a lot of personnel changes coming into the year. Everyone is getting those positions down, and we are coming together. We’ve been working hard and hitting hard.”
Mt. Carmel will make the long journey south for a second-round contest at Belleville West on Nov. 8 at 3 p.m.

Looks like a Catahoula crossbreed. If so, they are herders, as well as hunters.

Ever want to see a puppy Catahoula's instincts. Put him in a backyard with a bunch of kids running around. He will try to herd them by nipping at their hips.

When you name your dog Otto, it's kind of a lock.
Fantastic and a great thing to do There are too many kill shelters. I currently have flour dogs running around and three of them were kill facilities. The dog closest to me "Lucky wass adopted on a Saturday and that Monday he was to be euthenized. He was in cage 13 and it was lvd at first sight. "Lucky seemed to fit him the most and he is my buddy since Part Basengi and Australian cattle dog. He is also a staunch protector . Anyone new coming to the house is given the close examination and then he puts himself between me and the new person. My sons don't get treated any different if they haven't been over for a while Both are on the East coast side of the country One in Toronto and the other on Long Island Major kudos to you and Happy Thanks giving.

Fantastic and a great thing to do There are too many kill shelters. I currently have flour dogs running around and three of them were kill facilities. The dog closest to me "Lucky wass adopted on a Saturday and that Monday he was to be euthenized. He was in cage 13 and it was lvd at first sight. "Lucky seemed to fit him the most and he is my buddy since Part Basengi and Australian cattle dog. He is also a staunch protector . Anyone new coming to the house is given the close examination and then he puts himself between me and the new person. My sons don't get treated any different if they haven't been over for a while Both are on the East coast side of the country One in Toronto and the other on Long Island Major kudos to you and Happy Thanks giving.
Keep the faith Cali, its always darkest before the Dawn, and Dawn is coming again for Syracuse Football.

Senior year highlights, they seem a little lazily edited and brief but I am assuming that is because his recruitment was over long ago ;). Looks like he has add some more weight from his JR year. Something that I am excited to see from the last two classes is that our line recruits have pretty large frames, 6'5" or taller, near or over 300 pounds, and look like they have room to add more muscle and aren't just big fat guys. I also love how they all seem to play with a chip on their shoulders, are tenacious, and don't stop till the whistle is blown.

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS Duerig family!!!
Merry Christmas!!!
BY FAR the best news and Christmas present mentioned on the board!

Having volunteered and worked with both Lebonheur and St. Jude kids growing up in Memphis, this is prayers answered and blessings rained down!!!

B5mKgqFIQAEsrb4.jpg:large

Found this little tid bit. The kids a ham!!! Some pictures of Cuse in there. I guess I can add that these last few classes seem to also be some impressive high character kids too. Love the dig he takes at his sister about being a "Veggie". Also, I feel for the poor chair... sucker was groaning... kids a big boy! Wonder if daddy Duerig has any eligibility, fellas a big man! Conway's papa is big too. I am sure SS loves that; if they every act up, he can just give 'em a call and dads will give them the ole whoop knot on them behind the woodshed.