Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

CUSU

Starter
I didn't see a thread on this young man yet. According to a tweet from TOS, they have marked this guy as a soft verbal and we are trying to flip him. Coming up for a visit. Not sure what we are recruiting him as plays DT, DE, OG

6'3 290 from Guntersville Alabama

Seems to move well for a big man, chases down a KOR and de-cleats someone on a stretch play..
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1785757/steven-clark

Last edited:
I didn't see a thread on this young man yet. According to a tweet from TOS, they have marked this guy as a soft verbal and we are trying to flip him. Coming up for a visit. Not sure what we are recruiting him as plays DT, DE, OG

Seems to move well for a big man, chases down a KOR.

IMO - His tape is very, VERY impressive. His quickness on the DL is great. There's no doubt in my mind he is BCS quality. I would kill for a DL like him on my High School team. You also can't teach his mean streak. I was disappointed when seeing the tweets, but upon watching his HUDL, he's got some serious skill. There's a reason the staff is moving fast with him.

Seems to move well for a big man, chases down a KOR.
Currently verbaled to South Alabama. Has offers from a bunch of Sunbelt schools. Syracuse would be by far his best offer.

Could be dunkel, too

IMO - His tape is very, VERY impressive. His quickness on the DL is great. There's no doubt in my mind he is BCS quality. I would kill for a DL like him on my High School team. You also can't teach his mean streak. I was disappointed when seeing the tweets, but upon watching his HUDL, he's got some serious skill. There's a reason the staff is moving fast with him.

I agree, if he is 6'3 290lb and moves like I am seeing on hudl sign him up. Never gives up on plays and appears to have a great motor to go along with the lateral quickness.

For those of us without a Twitter account...could you share the nature of the tweets you found disappointing?

For those of us without a Twitter account...could you share the nature of the tweets you found disappointing?

Currently committed to Southern Alabama and all his offers are schools we shouldn't be competing with for recruits. That was what I found disappointing. I'm guessing he's been either a late bloomer or someone who put it all together for his senior year. He certainly seems like someone with loads of potential, which is what you want in a recruit like this. By watching his tape, and assuming he isn't playing against horrible competition, I can't see how a cat like this doesn't develop into a three star recruit.

free TOS article, we want him for D-Line

56m56 minutes ago
RT @JohnGarcia_Jr: Three-team race developing for 2015 #SouthAlabama commitment Steven Clark (FREE) http://recruiting.At their request,...ite./story/1480048-three-team-race-for-clark…

From the article..

“They’re taking a heavy interest in me, their DC (Chuck Bullough) is coming down tomorrow to the school and the DL Coach, Coach (Tim) Daoust is coming in December,” he said. “I’m taking an official there from December 5 through the 7.”

Looks like they will have a good group taking an OV on 12/5.

steve clark.jpg

I like this kid he seems very strong and extremely fast for his size. I like him and Cross as DT's to go along with last years Samuels and Harvey that's a good group and it seems like they can all get in the backfield.

Anyone have an idea of the school size/division he plays in? Im curious about the competition level in 'bama for those who have an eye or knowledge of that stuff since this is not an area we have recruited in the past. Thanks

Anyone have an idea of the school size/division he plays in? Im curious about the competition level in 'bama for those who have an eye or knowledge of that stuff since this is not an area we have recruited in the past. Thanks

the kids hes playing against are tiny. im guessing he goes to a smaller school.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/05/brindlee_mountain_ol_steven_cl.html
There is also a video interview with him at the link.

MEET STEVEN CLARK
  • Brindlee Mountain
  • Offensive lineman
  • Class of 2015
  • 6-3, 290
  • Offers: South Alabama, Southern Miss, Furman, Murray State, Central Arkansas
  • Interest: Memphis, Troy, FAU, East Carolina, Cincinnati, Louisville
  • Ratings: 2-star, No. 36 player in the state, No. 123 guard in the nation by 247Sports; 2-star, No. 46 player in the state by Rivals
GUNTERSVILLE, Alabama -- When it comes to his future home, Steven Clark has no shortage of choices. And the list will likely get longer in the following months.
Clark, who already has five offers in hand, plans to visit eight to nine schools over the course of the summer and fall, plus attend numerous camps starting in June. He's being recruited at guard - his primary position at Brindlee Mountain - and center. Clark will also see action along the defensive line this season for the Lions.
The attention garnered by Clark is unusual for the young Brindlee Mountain program. The Lions began play in 2006 and have yet to win more than three games in a season.

One of the funniest (in a good way) highlights films I have seen. The competition is weak, but he is a man among boys, like a human bowling ball knocking opponents left and right. Sign him up!

One of the funniest (in a good way) highlights films I have seen. The competition is weak, but he is a man among boys, like a human bowling ball knocking opponents left and right. Sign him up!

Ha I thought so to. It's like watching the waterboy. I don't know if they sped the film up but him chasing down that kid on the kickoff was ridiculous (in a good way)