Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

Steven Clark‏@SLClark7250 8h8 hours ago
Pumped about tomorrow!
1f34a.png
1f3c8.png

Full disclosure, I'm his father.

bcubs, can you give us an indication of the level of competition he's playing against?

Oh, and welcome. I'm taking it as a good sign that you are posting on this forum.

As a Southern boy myself, welcome to the board. The two things that stuck out of your sons film is the hustle and mean streak. Although he might be "undersized" for other U's he looks like a lot of the OL and DL we are going hard after. Actually, check out our OL commit Durieg, future center, they are very similar.

Also, we have another dad on this board, one Mr. Bam Brewer. His boy is Shy Cullen a LB in your sons class. He can fill y'all in about their experience and why they went Orange.

http://syracusefan.com/members/bambrewer.4728/

Over the last few years, we have getting more kids from your area. Perry is from Columbus and Harvey is from Birmingham a stone skip and a hop from you. I am very excited to see us making in roads back home.

One of the funniest (in a good way) highlights films I have seen. The competition is weak, but he is a man among boys, like a human bowling ball knocking opponents left and right. Sign him up!
My thoughts exactly. Best moments are when he's pulling from the OL and clearing out guys, flinging them through the air. Looks like a special effects shot where the guy has a wire attached to him to exaggerate the impact.

Scott Shafer should get 4 more years just for developing this recruiting base. Bama/Ga has 3 SEC teams who have first pick , but there is so much developed talent there , like Steve Clark . Syracuse as a rich tradition , something southern people respect and admire. A+ for the coaching staff.

Welcome Dad! Nice to get the occasional perspective of parents. Obviously not just a football decision and the academics at SU are top notch.

Welcome to the site! I hope the visit goes well with Coach Bullough and that he is offered immediately. Your son looks very impressive on the field, I am sure he is just as impressive off it. We have a great staff here at SU, and in spite of the record this season, things are looking up going forward. All the best

some of the kids he's steam rolling look a 140#s soaking wet.

some of the kids he's steam rolling look a 140#s soaking wet.

They are. His coach runs a Wing-T offense, and on certain plays, when playing OG, Steven was responsible for clearing out CBs or OLBs. The purpose of including those in the highlight footage is to emphasize his nimbleness. It's easy to steam roll somebody weighing 280; it's a lot harder to steam roll someone who can move like a water bug.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Steven, myself, his mother, my wife, and all here in our bucolic little town are all extremely excited about this opportunity. Hopefully Coach Bullough has a great day here today.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Steven, myself, his mother, my wife, and all here in our bucolic little town are all extremely excited about this opportunity. Hopefully Coach Bullough has a great day here today.
Not sure if Steven fishes (understand the lake by you is known for bass) - but there is some great bass fishing in central New York, or so I'm told.

Not sure if Steven fishes (understand the lake by you is known for bass) - but there is some great bass fishing in central New York, or so I'm told.

He absolutely loves fishing! We don't do a whole lot of bass fishing on Guntersville Lake, but we do try to get out to Smith Lake Dam every once in a while for some trout fishing. The tail waters of the dam are routinely stocked with rainbow trout. How's the trout fishing up there? Also, what about deer hunting?

He absolutely loves fishing! We don't do a whole lot of bass fishing on Guntersville Lake, but we do try to get out to Smith Lake Dam every once in a while for some trout fishing. The tail waters of the dam are routinely stocked with rainbow trout. How's the trout fishing up there? Also, what about deer hunting?
Oh, we deer hunt.
image.jpg

Google Pulaski , New York , Salmon capital of the east. 30 minutes north of Syracuse. You will like what you see.

Good luck with Coach in town, you sound like a terrific family and a town of supportive people, hopefully you will all become part of the Syracuse family. It's for life when you become an Orangeman/woman!

Good luck with Coach in town, you sound like a terrific family and a town of supportive people, hopefully you will all become part of the Syracuse family. It's for life when you become an Orangeman/woman!
Lots of good trout fishing. Nine mile creek in Syracuse is a great fly fishing spot