Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

You and your son will have some the nation's best fishing within an hour of Syracuse. Pulaski is 35 mins north of Syracuse.

You and your son will have some the nation's best fishing within an hour of Syracuse. Pulaski is 35 mins north of Syracuse.

Additionally, the Oswego River is a premier steel head fishery and Lake Ontario is great for all types of Salmon and Lake Trout.

Just googled "Pulaski, NY". Y'all got steelhead, too? Awesome! I haven't been steelhead fishing since living in Oregon 30 years ago!
Steelhead is real popular in the late Fall/early winter. Also, we have Walleye, Northern Pike close by. If you drive about 75 mins north to the 1000 Islands they have Muskies on the St. Lawrence.

This link will give you an idea of what fishing Pulaski is all about
http://theruntvseriescom.webstarts.com/index.html

Last edited:
Not everything is bigger in Texas...the deer in TX look like midgets compared to what is in Upstate NY.
Fortunately, this was a young deer and not huge. Had the estimate done this morning and it's close to 3K.

Ya, the deer here can be huge. My nephew got a buck last year that dressed-out at 172 pounds.

He absolutely loves fishing! We don't do a whole lot of bass fishing on Guntersville Lake, but we do try to get out to Smith Lake Dam every once in a while for some trout fishing. The tail waters of the dam are routinely stocked with rainbow trout. How's the trout fishing up there? Also, what about deer hunting?
Re: Fishing
In the Old Forge/Inlet/ Raquette lake area...Rainbow,Brown,Brook,Lake Trout,Landlocked Salmon,Splake,Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass,Tiger Musky,Perch,Bullhead,Bluegill,Rock Bass,Channel Catfish. Google the NYS Dept. Of Conservation for info on fishing and hunting regs. Good luck!

Finger Lakes fishing is great too and not more than a half hour or so from campus (Otisco and Skaneateles). Lakers, Rainbow and Landlocked Salmon on Skaneateles and Tiger Muskies on Otisco. Butternut Creek at the end of Nottingham Road is about 2 miles from campus and is prime brown and brook trout water. The section of Butternut that flows into the south end of Jamesville Reservoir is also nice. Limestone creek is a little farther away. Under the bridge on 92 between Manlius and Lyndon Corners is a great spot for trout. Or if you go into Manlius there are a lot of nice spots from Edwards Falls all the way through Mill Run Park and into the Village.

Fisherman-Pulling-a-Fish-from-the-Ice-320x180.jpg
And you don't even need a boat.

Well this thread took an unexpected turn.

Love the fact that we've gotten, and are pursuing lineman from the South. With all the SEC schools recruiting nationally you'd have to think some local kids will fly under the radar. If Clark played in the Northeast he'd probably be a 3-4 star top 20 state type kid that goes to Notre Dame.

They are. His coach runs a Wing-T offense, and on certain plays, when playing OG, Steven was responsible for clearing out CBs or OLBs. The purpose of including those in the highlight footage is to emphasize his nimbleness. It's easy to steam roll somebody weighing 280; it's a lot harder to steam roll someone who can move like a water bug.
I hear the Muskie fishing on otisco lake is good too

Otisco Lake has Tigers. a Muskie/Pike hybrid. Some dude iced this one 2 winters ago.

r7ottigm.jpg

and this one a few years ago - small length but fat

9970791-large.jpg

Ha I thought so to. It's like watching the waterboy. I don't know if they sped the film up but him chasing down that kid on the kickoff was ridiculous (in a good way)

Meant to address this comment earlier; that particular play was a pick thrown by our q-back. He was taking an end zone shot and blew it. The safety ended up being taken by ambulance to the nearby hospital for evaluation (cracked ribs). The film was, believe it or not, not sped up. Steven's 40 times usually are in the high 4.9s to low 5.1s.

Scott Shafer should get 4 more years just for developing this recruiting base. Bama/Ga has 3 SEC teams who have first pick , but there is so much developed talent there , like Steve Clark . Syracuse as a rich tradition , something southern people respect and admire. A+ for the coaching staff.
My concern now is what happens when GM leaves? Will Shafer have a replacement for that area of the country?Bobby A won't have the success that he shows in NJ or even NYS.

With all these fishing and hunting posts I can't remember if it was noted that Steven also plays BB. Center.

My concern now is what happens when GM leaves? Will Shafer have a replacement for that area of the country?Bobby A won't have the success that he shows in NJ or even NYS.

McDonald isn't recruiting Alabama.

With all these fishing and hunting posts I can't remember if it was noted that Steven also plays BB. Center.
Maybe an Orange Outdoors Forum would be popular.

Last edited: