Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

My point is exactly what you're saying. "Florida doesn't typically." You can't group Mac into what Florida typically does. He's not either coach. My "long-winded way" served a purpose that went completely over your head. Going forward? Sure. He can't do that this year, with only two months to work with. Guys committed to FSU, UGA, and Tenn. are committed to FSU, UGA, and Tenn. You can't assume he will be recruited over. If he has the ability and potential you all talk about, it will show. He's not being recruited as a body. He's being recruited for the exact same reason you want him, albeit at a different position. We don't need him at DT. Our defense sells itself. Our offense doesn't. We haven't been pulling in monster OL under Muschamp in case you haven't noticed. The odds of him getting a chance to play there are pretty decent.

What site are you looking at? 3 hours? I'm guessing 1 and 2 for FL and NY. There's no way it's 4. It's 3 from where I live in SFLA to IL. It's not practical because you say so? It sounds like something you just want to believe isn't to make your point without any actual evidence or experience with that. Tennessee? None personally. Georgia and Alabama? Several. Why Tennessee anyway? You have to drive all the way through Georgia just to get into the state.
Florida is the best academic and athletic school ever. Ok? satisfied? thanks for coming. Bye

Yes, there's no reason or evidence to back up consistent rankings across multiple sites, despite the fact they explain on said sites how they calculate them. It's definitely arbitrary. Tell you what? I'll stop the "schtick" when you all stop bringing up academics as a reason SU is a better option for Clark than UF because frankly, you all just assumed it was because it's the SEC.

You missread my quote about UF not being a great academic option as an insult 10 pages ago and obviously haven't let it go so allow me to clarify. I meant it in terms of "it's not like they're Stanford" whom we lose recruits to occasionally rather than how you took it. I'm not, and wasn't comparing your school to WVU and if you reread it you'll see as much. You're apperently so used to defending your school that you didn't realize I wasn't attacking it. Sorry for your confusion.

I did respond to tell you I do not care and I will do so once more.

You joined a Syracuse forum, read multiple posts, and are now butthurt because a recruiting competitor isn't kissing your arse. Like I said, we truly do not care about you or what you say. I don't know your opinion on Clark, I haven't read enough of your posts to know.

I knocked you for trying to prove your point with a completely anonymous and subjective couple of sentences that you got into a bunch of other schools and chose Florida. Nothing about that proves anything because I can simply say I got into Harvard, Oxford, Yale, MIT, and Stanford but I chose Syracuse. My school is the best school academically in the world then, right? It's not petty, but it could easily be complete bull****. I'm not sure how they teach you to prove your points down there at Florida but your so-called evidence is hot garbage.

Whether Florida or Syracuse gets Clark, I wish him well. Your argument point will still be stupid whether he chooses SU or not.

So, one who doesn't care, you sure cared enough to post twice to confirm that instead of doing what people who don't care do, which is walk away and ignore it. You haven't read my posts on Clark. Therefore, your opinion is limited to what few posts you have, and your comprehension of my presence is also limited. I don't want you to kiss my arse, and I know what I signed up for when I joined and posted--that I would be surrounded by opposing fans of a recruiting battle and not around fellow fans on my own board. Everything I say is under scrutiny, and I was aware of this from the start. However, I'm not trolling anyone, so your disdain for me could be worse.

If you'd like, I'll email you my acceptance letters. I'm sure I have them lying around somewhere, but then, that would be petty. My point was sound, so I'm sorry if you disagree. If the point on why UF is inferior is its size, due to the number of degrees it gives out each year, etc., then showing that I could have chosen a smaller, private, and superior education weakens that argument because it shows quality within quantity. If I was going to make that up, then why those schools? Why not the ones you mentioned? I got rejected from Vanderbilt. I'll admit that if you'd like. It just looks like you mistook my argument for one I did not make. That wasn't evidence of UF > SU. That was evidence of UF is not < SU because the enrollment of UF > SU.

So, one who doesn't care, you sure cared enough to post twice to confirm that instead of doing what people who don't care do, which is walk away and ignore it. You haven't read my posts on Clark. Therefore, your opinion is limited to what few posts you have, and your comprehension of my presence is also limited. I don't want you to kiss my arse, and I know what I signed up for when I joined and posted--that I would be surrounded by opposing fans of a recruiting battle and not around fellow fans on my own board. Everything I say is under scrutiny, and I was aware of this from the start. However, I'm not trolling anyone, so your disdain for me could be worse.

If you'd like, I'll email you my acceptance letters. I'm sure I have them lying around somewhere, but then, that would be petty. My point was sound, so I'm sorry if you disagree. If the point on why UF is inferior is its size, due to the number of degrees it gives out each year, etc., then showing that I could have chosen a smaller, private, and superior education weakens that argument because it shows quality within quantity. If I was going to make that up, then why those schools? Why not the ones you mentioned? I got rejected from Vanderbilt. I'll admit that if you'd like. It just looks like you mistook my argument for one I did not make. That wasn't evidence of UF > SU. That was evidence of UF is not < SU because the enrollment of UF > SU.
On behalf of the board, please leave now.

As you know I don't post often on the recruiting side...but I'll give my business view of what's going on.

I hate to say this but late flips like this rarely work out for the kid with such few offers unlike a Pickard flip. He will be over recruited in each of the succeeding years as UF is NOT a developmental school like SU.

Shafer revels in kids like this...UF not. We have kid after kid after kid as examples becoming high performers even making it to the pros, UF not. Shafer is the true example of taking care of his kids especially on the D side of the ball and I hope Lester can do the same on the O side.

HUGE mistake if he chooses UF. He will NOT be given time to develop and will have a short window to prove he belongs. I will feel bad for him and his family if he chooses UF plus he's not even being recruited for the position he's best suited for - even that Gator Bait joker says we don't need him at DT because we have better players in those positions. The new coach at UF will do the same thing on the O side and poor Steven will be regulated to special teams without being given the opportunity to shine with actual real game time, early on too given our need.

Tragic really - he may do well under that system but the odds are really against him. Sorry but that's the truth but 18 year olds listen to friends who really don't know or see the big picture.

Last edited:
You missread my quote about UF not being a great academic option as an insult 10 pages ago and obviously haven't let it go so allow me to clarify. I meant it in terms of "it's not like they're Stanford" whom we lose recruits to occasionally rather than how you took it. I'm not, and wasn't comparing your school to WVU and if you reread it you'll see as much. You're apperently so used to defending your school that you didn't realize I wasn't attacking it. Sorry for your confusion.

It wasn't solely your post. I questioned someone else, who said if it was academics, he'd pick SU; if it was SEC allure, he'd pick UF. I don't think I was unjustified to question that one. Then, it got to this point. I'm actually not, so that's probably why it turned into an army-of-one thing blown to this magnitude. I only came to follow about Clark, since there's not a whole lot of news coming on our end, not take the train off the rails and blow it up. I'm done. I'll only come around to congratulate you all if he sticks with SU and thinks it's the best fit for him. Good luck with basketball and football next season.

Edit: Sorry for any typos and misspellings. It doesn't spellcheck on my phone.

Here you go, guys. Now you can settle things once and for all:

ruler-2.jpg

Does posting equate caring? I was unaware that my 5 minute post while I watch tv meant that I was so passionate about the fact your post proved very little. Where did I claim to fully comprehend your opinion on Clark? That has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted in regards to and your football intellect is entirely irrelevant to me. I have no disdain for you, simply wanted to point out how your argument was entirely subjective and without fact to back up your claims.

You honestly keep your acceptance letters? Now that is petty. I don't care for you to e-mail me your acceptance letter, it does not matter. You've already said that you chose to go to Florida based off financial reasons, and not academic, in your previous post. So if you truly did get into those schools, and I'm not saying you did, it would be on the basis that it made more sense financially for you to do so, not because Florida was the superior academic institution.

While I certainly agree enrollment doesn't necessarily determine academic superiority, your evidence doesn't support the contrary either. This is back to the point where I've been saying your subjective, unproven, useless evidence is hot garbage.

Does posting equate caring? I was unaware that my 5 minute post while I watch tv meant that I was so passionate about the fact your post proved very little. Where did I claim to fully comprehend your opinion on Clark? That has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted in regards to and your football intellect is entirely irrelevant to me. I have no disdain for you, simply wanted to point out how your argument was entirely subjective and without fact to back up your claims.

You honestly keep your acceptance letters? Now that is petty. I don't care for you to e-mail me your acceptance letter, it does not matter. You've already said that you chose to go to Florida based off financial reasons, and not academic, in your previous post. So if you truly did get into those schools, and I'm not saying you did, it would be on the basis that it made more sense financially for you to do so, not because Florida was the superior academic institution.

While I certainly agree enrollment doesn't necessarily determine academic superiority, your evidence doesn't support the contrary either. This is back to the point where I've been saying your subjective, unproven, useless evidence is hot garbage.

For the letters, I think they're in a box with all my old high school stuff somewhere in my parents' house. That was also a joke and not remotely serious.

Second, my argument, though subjective, is sound, but what I've said in regards to it is apparently over your head, and I'm done derailing this further. Take care.

Funny thing is, he will wind up going to Ole Miss to play D in the SEC.

More recognition? Based on what? Your personal opinion? So private = better? Are you telling me Syracuse is better than universities, like Michigan and UCLA, simply because you have less graduates every year? I turned down ND, Villanova, and BC, as did many other Floridians, because the state of Florida pays the smartest students to not leave the state. Weak argument.

But did you get into Hamilton...I think not.

Depends on the major, no?
There is also the overall school academic rating vs. what is required of revenue-sport athletes.

[And, of course, there is the history of police-blotter activity among athletes in Gainesville (I'm looking at you, Urban Meyer).]

Not a fan of saying that Steven will be recruited over if he goes to Florida. He's probably going to be great at either school

Ya i'm not a big fan of using that as an argument either. All that is saying is he isn't good enough to play there, but can star here. Not sure how that's good for us?

Pay $50-60k a year, or have UF send me a $1,500 check every semester, avoid debt entirely, and (extremely fortunately for me) have my parents pay for law school when I decide to pursue that option whenever/if I leave my internship in the near future? I'm from an ND family, but it was a business decision.

Well if he is making the decision solely on who's diploma will look better on the wall then he will go to Vanderbilt who is now trying to get involved. They have us both beat. Don't think that will be the case though.

EDIT: Ahh I can't believe I added to this. Sorry