Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

Derek Tyson tweeted he's announcing tonight at 7:30. I'm guessing it'll be between whether he wants to play defense or offense as the deciding factor. We were supposed to meet him tomorrow, so it looks like you all got the last word in.

Derek Tyson tweeted he's announcing tonight at 7:30. I'm guessing it'll be between whether he wants to play defense or offense as the deciding factor. We were supposed to meet him tomorrow, so it looks like you all got the last word in.

who went to see steven and when?

who went to see steven and when?

Some of your coaches and yesterday, I think? All I know is you had a visit, and we were supposed to have one after. It sounded like you had yours already by posts last night.

I've added zero to the conversation? Really? Aside from my responses to posters about my own posts, what I've had to say has been about Clark and UF recruiting him, so I respectfully, yet entirely disagree with you on that. You asked me what's so great about UF, and I declined because it's escalated too much, so much, that you even mentioned so. Your disregard for rankings simply because they're online is your call. How do you think universities and the educations they provide get ranked in the first place? Because sites, like USWN and Times Higher Education, do the work. I don't see why I would have to explain myself when those very same sites describe how they calculated the results themselves. Otherwise, how can you guys prove Syracuse is better then? How can posters here tell me Syracuse has more acclaim in academics when people hear it? It goes both ways, man.

Didn't ask for the website results, I asked for your input on UF and how it is better than SU. I know what Syracuse does well, I can't say the same about UF.

I also liked how you've cherry picked the things I've shared in this thread that only cater to your message. The college reference served a purpose in my argument and nothing more. You, and anyone who took offense to that, read too much into it. Vindication? Not in the slightest. I'm from the Midwest. I applied to UF as a backup, and I used to hate it growing up and prior to attending. My perspective has changed, and it was the best four years of my life. I have no southern pride, but if you think that the people who brought up academics (and that's the thing, I didn't) as a strength for Clark to commit to Syracuse over UF weren't thinking along the lines of anyone but Vanderbilt being relevant in that area, you're kidding yourself. Any and all academic posting I had dealt with countering posts made by different posters of why Clark choosing Syracuse over UF if he valued academics didn't flow. Go back and check for yourself. I didn't start a pissing contest. I was disclaiming an assumed strength in the recruiting battle. So, again, I respectfully, yet completely disagree with that as well.

Almost got somewhere here...

I can understand those websites, fine, thanks. I'm just not going to copy/paste their analysis or methodology for the reasoning above. It's on those sites. You can do that yourself. My "show me where" remark was also sincere, as I have mentioned already, my post wasn't anything wrong. There was nothing to "chill out" about, and my posting didn't warrant an apology for anything other than the ones I gave already for anyone who misinterpreted them for something they weren't. I was asking what I did, because I couldn't see anything wrong in that post or previous ones that his reply made sense about. Had before and will have again, eh? Yeah, I have. With FSU fans. On my site's board. But hey, thanks for the presumptions. You seem to have a lot about me. I appreciate it. I can see how often this board is used to other fans, especially ones who don't pump Syracuse sunshine.

...and back to deferring to websites vs conveying independent thought

Care to move forward and share or just retread this 8 more times?

No, just please make him go away. I just want to read about Steven Clark posts from OUR board member's.

Fair game. I'll go back to looking at funny pictures of cats on the internet and hoping this thread title doesn't change from "verballed to Syracuse". Tense times until the LOI's start coming in.

Both are correct ways to spell it...

Not according to Webster. Though Bam did find that spelling in the Urban dictionary. Guess that's an acceptable reference in Gatorville. No need to respond, GB - just having fun. Only reason I knew this is because I lost a 6th grade spelling bee on this word. Pain of that loss ranks right up there with Cuse-Indiana in 1987. :)

upload_2015-1-29_10-42-19.png

Care to move forward and share or just retread this 8 more times?

I haven't retreaded anything that wasn't necessary. I made my points, I'm done on the issue, and if you want your answers, Google those sites and see what they did for yourself. I'm done. Let it go, and let me let it go.

Florida by the school yesterday morning, us with an in home last night. Final call tonight.

Anticipation baby. I like the fact that we had the final word face to face.

Both institutions offer great opportunity. Hopefully ours stood out a little more for whatever the reason.

I haven't retreaded anything that wasn't necessary. I made my points, I'm done on the issue, and if you want your answers, Google those sites and see what they did for yourself. I'm done. Let it go, and let me let it go.

You've made exactly 0 points and you don't seem to grasp that you've made 0 points but at this point you aren't going to. I'm over it, all hail Florida. Your self proclaimed backup school is truly the Harvard of the South!

To be fair to Deano I'll stick to my promise about funny cat pictures and bid you fairwell
funny-animals-1620.jpg

You've made exactly 0 points and you don't seem to grasp that you've made 0 points but at this point you aren't going to. I'm over it, all hail Florida. Your self proclaimed backup school is truly the Harvard of the South!

To be fair to Deano I'll stick to my promise about funny cat pictures and bid you fairwell

No, I've made points. You're too close-minded, presumptuous, and unwilling to see them, as evidence by your cherry picking and blatant disregard for anything I've said that doesn't coalign with whatever witty retort you want to respond with. Your last two sentences even show you didn't comprehend the context of what I've said or chose to purposefully ignore and twist it. But please, keep acting like the wiser, bigger man you think you are by telling me otherwise. The whole academic drivel was escalated because your board misinterpreted a counter against a supposed advantage for one that was meant to slam your university as inferior. I don't care if the bias you and anyone around here who agrees with you leads you to believe otherwise, that's the truth, and that's that. You continue the banter with me while preaching for its end, whether you're aware or not of its hypocrisy.

Perhaps, xenophobic boards shouldn't allow guests if they can't accept dissenting opinion from them.

Gator Bait said:
No, I've made points. You're too close-minded, presumptuous, and unwilling to see them, as evidence by your cherry picking and blatant disregard for anything I've said that doesn't coalign with whatever witty retort you want to respond with. Your last two sentences even show you didn't comprehend the context of what I've said or chose to purposefully ignore and twist it. But please, keep acting like the wiser, bigger man you think you are by telling me otherwise. The whole academic drivel was escalated because your board misinterpreted a counter against a supposed advantage for one that was meant to slam your university as inferior. I don't care if the bias you and anyone around here who agrees with you leads you to believe otherwise, that's the truth, and that's that. You continue the banter with me while preaching for its end, whether you're aware or not of its hypocrisy. Perhaps, xenophobic boards shouldn't allow guests if they can't accept dissenting opinion from them.

Your points:

- we are slightly better academically
- we have a new coach and are behind the 8 ball in recruiting and probably can't flip any big OL recruits
- we will give him some time to make it at OL before we recruit over him
- our biggest need is OL, so we'd like him to play there even though his preference is defense

Your points:

- we are slightly better academically
- we have a new coach and are behind the 8 ball in recruiting and probably can't flip any big OL recruits
- we will give him some time to make it at OL before we recruit over him
- our biggest need is OL, so we'd like him to play there even though his preference is defense

Thanks for that vast, biased oversimplification of what I've said, sprinkled in with wishful thinking on selling points of dissuasion that I didn't. Our coaches think he has more upside on offense, and that's their opinion.

Thanks for that vast, biased oversimplification of what I've said, sprinkled in with wishful thinking on selling points of dissuasion that I didn't. Our coaches think he has more upside on offense, and that's their opinion.
why argue? What's the point? You aren't going to convince anyone here of anything. They aren't going to convince you of anything. If you don't like the spirit of our board, there must be some way that you can avoid posting here. I've got it. Go back to your board.

No, I've made points. You're too close-minded, presumptuous, and unwilling to see them, as evidence by your cherry picking and blatant disregard for anything I've said that doesn't coalign with whatever witty retort you want to respond with. Your last two sentences even show you didn't comprehend the context of what I've said or chose to purposefully ignore and twist it. But please, keep acting like the wiser, bigger man you think you are by telling me otherwise. The whole academic drivel was escalated because your board misinterpreted a counter against a supposed advantage for one that was meant to slam your university as inferior. I don't care if the bias you and anyone around here who agrees with you leads you to believe otherwise, that's the truth, and that's that. You continue the banter with me while preaching for its end, whether you're aware or not of its hypocrisy.

Perhaps, xenophobic boards shouldn't allow guests if they can't accept dissenting opinion from them.
hey-y-u-mad-bro.jpg