Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

Cubs I'll echo the sentiments of others here, Steven has to do what he feels is right for him. He's a good kid who has been raised well and wants to consider everything on the table (plus free trip to Florida).

Make sure that you guys all have a nice long talk discussing all the positives and negatives of both places and that at the end of it, everybody is happy and pleased with whatever the decision is.

Just remember the path to defense is in Cuse and until 72 hours ago, that's what Steven wanted to play. Best of luck no matter what.

CuseLegacy said:
Personally I believe the same should go for every recruits thread whether or not their parents are posting on here. Just because we think something doesn't mean we shouldn't use good sense in what we post.

That's true too. But some fans just can't help themselves and it sometimes gets bad. People directly contacting a parent to talk crap is even worse. People just need to be smart and be decent.

Welcome.

We're no slouch when it comes to NFL greats, esp at RB. Emmitt was great - but I'd take Jim Brown (widely considered the greatest RB ever). We also have more NFL HoFer's than Florida and the first African-American to win a Heisman in Ernie Davis. Our last great QB had a very long pro career (McNabb) compared to your last great one (Tebow).

Fair enough. I wasn't trying to knock Syracuse's football history; I merely was defending my university, since I take as much pride in being a Gator as you all do in being Orange. Syracuse was actually good at football long before UF. Our first season was the early 1900s, and we stunk for decades. It wasn't until the mid-1980s we started winning championships in sports, so our athletic success is pretty young compared to many other universities.

For the record, my dad is from Greenwich, and he raised me to be a fan of his teams, so I'm a huge Giants fan. I'm hoping Nassib gets a shot down the road because I'm losing more confidence in Eli with every season. I kept telling everyone what a steal that pick was because I personally thought he was the best QB in the draft.

Well…Well….Well…..Isn't this where we wanted to be? Fighting with schools like Florida over a recruit? This is great news!…In the game of big time football, talent is a known quantity. We have to move past being school that finds ..and thrives on "Hidden talent"….. I hope head to head, we win this one! Steve, good luck, this should be the time of your life….enjoy!

Fair enough. I wasn't trying to knock Syracuse's football history; I merely was defending my university, since I take as much pride in being a Gator as you all do in being Orange. Syracuse was actually good at football long before UF. Our first season was the early 1900s, and we stunk for decades. It wasn't until the mid-1980s we started winning championships in sports, so our athletic success is pretty young compared to many other universities.

For the record, my dad is from Greenwich, and he raised me to be a fan of his teams, so I'm a huge Giants fan. I'm hoping Nassib gets a shot down the road because I'm losing more confidence in Eli with every season. I kept telling everyone what a steal that pick was because I personally thought he was the best QB in the draft.
Its nice to have someone from another school post on the site, just don't let some of the posters with no manners, bother you. We feel Steven is going to be great wherever he ends up.

Make sure that you guys all have a nice long talk discussing all the positives and negatives of both places and that at the end of it, everybody is happy and pleased with whatever the decision is.
Really, giving parents advice. A bit presumptuous.

Really, giving parents advice. A bit presumptuous.
th

That's true too. But some fans just can't help themselves and it sometimes gets bad. People directly contacting a parent to talk crap is even worse. People just need to be smart and be decent.

Absolutely. I just like to always think that posters, especially parents, are like guests in my 'home" and I am always going to be respectful to my guest even if I disagree with them...unless of course it's family. ;)

Reading Twitter, for the first time in the last week...

To quote Star Wars, "I've got a bad feeling about this."

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 13m13 minutes ago
Syracuse DT commit Steven Clark said he is considering Florida more heavily after his visit this weekend. Will decide tonight or Monday.

He's basically only retweeting UF stuff at this point.

That's not the titanic, that's my hope to keep him that's sinking.

Don't have a good feeling on this one.

Seemed like everything was perfect...this is a depressing development.

If he does flip, would hope that bcubs let's us know the thought process behind it, if for nothing else, closure to this recruiting story.

I know that we will all be disappointed if Steven changes his mind and commits to Florida but it is his decision. I really want kids to know in their heart of hearts that Syracuse is where they should be. I love reading all the tweets of the kids visiting this weekend saying how much they love Syracuse. You can tell they all feel that they have made the right decision. I can't wait to follow these kids for the next four years.

If he does flip, would hope that bcubs let's us know the thought process behind it, if for nothing else, closure to this recruiting story.

not that he owes us anything, but i would love to hear what their hard sell was.

Feel the same way...Just seems like the glitz and glamour always works...I wonder how they convinced him to play OL...FWIW 247 crystal ball is 100% to Florida...Hope he sits down and thinks long and hard cuz Florida will be out recruiting 5 stars for the 2016 OL...Good Luck with your decision Clark's (cant be easy)

Of course he had the urge to commit. He will talk to our coaches again and his parents and make a tough decision.

Guys

It's been a confusing, and busy, couple of days. We weren't going to take this visit, then Steven he wanted to go just to make sure. Not sure what changed his mind; I apparently don't always know what rolls around in his noggin.

So, anyways, as expected, it's nice here. And he may be seriously considering this. I do know that there's a long 8.5 hour car ride back home. His mom, myself, and him will have plenty of time to hash this out.

I don't want to say anything more right now, because I might stuff my foot in my mouth again.

bcubs -

Thanks so much for your openness and honesty throughout this entire process and especially now. Incredibly classy move to post on here now knowing that there will be individuals coming out of the woodwork to question approach and motives. All the best to you, your family and Steven over the next few weeks and throughout his college career and whatever the final decision is, know that you'll always have Orange fans who appreciate your rare insight to the process that we would otherwise never be able to fully see.