Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

Absolutely, positively, have to win this battle. I love that schools like Florida get involved with kids we have, but we have to be able to hold on. It's a fine line, but it's the only way we are going to take it to the next level. Between Clark, Pickard, and Clayton we are playing with fire. We have to get at very worst 1 of them, or else we are going to be looking at some bottom of the barrel back ups.

I am sure our coaches will be on the horn the next 2 days to make sure and remind Steven the reason why he first fell in love with Syracuse. The glitz and glamour is nice at first (i'm sure the women didn't hurt either), but is it the best fit for him? Only time will tell.

I get the sneaky suspicion that we will be going 0-for-3. No inside info. Just reading between the lines.

Watch Clark jump a star now that Florida is interested.

Sort of proves the point everyone makes about the ratings.
I'd like to know if the 2 stars were given after watching his highlights, or just because all power 5 commits get at least 2 stars? Most Even most of us here recognized how his tape popped more then your average highlights. 3 stars was a give in, and them bumping him only after UF interest is highly suspicious and the reason everyone questions the integrity.

i'm thinking 0-3 as well, sorry guys

I don't know, I think we get 1.

It's so weird that at this point, I'd put them in this order for who I think we get: 1. Pickard, 2. Clayton, 3. Clark.

2 or 3 days ago it would have been 1. Clark .....3a. Clayton, 3b. Pickard

How do plan B's work? Does the staff start scrolling the list verbal lists of MAC/AAC schools looking to pick off their top guys, like the big dogs do ours? Thus the circle of life continues.

How do plan B's work? Does the staff start scrolling the list verbal lists of MAC/AAC schools looking to pick off their top guys, like the big dogs do ours? Thus the circle of life continues.

At this point i'd almost wish they pocket the schollies and save them for next year. You can always work your class above the 25 available scholarships

At this point i'd almost wish they pocket the schollies and save them for next year. You can always work your class above the 25 available scholarships

If the big boys with new staffs and zero relationships can swoop in and steal our guys why cant HCSS and co do the same to MAC/AAC level recruits.

If the big boys with new staffs and zero relationships can swoop in and steal our guys why cant HCSS and co do the same to MAC/AAC level recruits.

But do you even want that? Why would we want MAC/AAC lever recruits? If it's only 1 or 2 spots save them for next year. Just my opinion.

But do you even want that? Why would we want MAC/AAC lever recruits? If it's only 1 or 2 spots save them for next year. Just my opinion.

Why do Florida and Mich etc want our guys???

I was gonna say...don't people realize we already do that? And in a lot of cases, those wind up being guys that have people wondering, "why did SU bother giving this guy a scholarship, ugghhhh!" before storming off to the basement to write angry posts on syracuse.com.

Why do Florida and Mich etc want our guys???

They have classes with 7 and 8 kids committed, and a whole new coaching staff. They are desperate, they can't afford to be picky. Which is also why I assume Clark may decide tomorrow. I am sure he was given a deadline, so if he says no they can move on to the next guy.

Because those guys sometimes grow in to NFL players. If there is no one there, that can't hqappen.

Agree 100%. Win some lose some - note that we got Trey over heavy interest from some big boys, including FSU. He told them all to take a hike.

At this point I hope we can restrict ourselves to taking guys who obviously should be here, and not projects. Keep the spots open - you never know who is going to be available after NSD. Reward a preferred walk-on next year with the schollies if nothing else. We're getting better in that part of the roster, so it would be nice to be able to reward some of those guys if all else fails.

I love the guys we had committed for the OL/DL, will be bummed if Clark picks Florida. That's a pretty good group of OL he would be practicing against at Cuse.

Because those guys sometimes grow in to NFL players. If there is no one there, that can't hqappen.

Does it matter if they will be there this year or next? Usually there is a reason why a prospect is a MAC/AAC recruit. They are either smaller, or slower, which makes your odds of reaching the NFL less likely.

Does it matter if they will be there this year or next? Usually there is a reason why a prospect is a MAC/AAC recruit. They are either smaller, or slower, which makes your odds of reaching the NFL less likely.
of course but we are much better off having a player here than not. We can always encourage them to leave if they don't work out. But if a player blows up like Moten did for us in basketball years ago, it's a win.

of course but we are much better off having a player here than not. We can always encourage them to leave if they don't work out. But if a player blows up like Moten did for us in basketball years ago, it's a win.

Hey Moten is my all-time favorite Orangemen so you'll get no disagreement from me there.