Class of 2015 - DT Ty Cross (GA) Signed LOI | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Ty Cross (GA) Signed LOI

Ty.Cross ‏@T_Cross52 2h
Over 15 full ride D1 (ACC & SEC) scholarships and I think I have made the perfect decision!!! Man I'm excited!! pic.twitter.com/pWESeQhyqR

BrjZBgLCAAAyEpT.jpg

He has quick burst and is very aggressive. Should make him a good fit in our defense. And always love getting kids from the south - they are usually playing against better competition and are much more D1 ready than a lot of other kids.

Have virtually no info on this kid but the video shows me all I need to know. Looks like he could be a player.

Quick scan of his Twitter followers - being followed by James Harrell, Duke; Brent Kay, UCF; Geep Wade, Middle Tennessee State; Clayton McGrath, Duke; Rick Petri, Duke; Harold Ethridge, Georgia State.

Seems like Duke wanted him pretty bad.

Last edited:
There is really no info on this kid...

Edit: In april his 1RM squat was 550 and bench was 350

Sparq score of 95.55... not sure how good that is.

His tape is impressive. High motor, quick off the ball. There was one play around the 1:40 mark where he got chipped off the snap, fell to his knees, and still got up quick enough to tackle the quarterback in the backfield. Really like his tape. If he has as many offers as he said he does, color me very impressed.

Highlights - http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2752483/highlights/113656380

6'3'' 275lbs from Douglasville, GA
Wow, based on his film, which is really impressive and his offers, it looks like another home run for the staff. I think his first step is extraordinarily fast and that alone would merit giving him a scholarship., but he is very strong and physical and does a great job staying long and keeping leverage on the OL.

A DT who has potential to get double figure sacks in a season is really a special get. Also loved the vicious block on the punt return. Another extremely aggressive and physical player in a class filled with them.

Welcome to Syracuse Ty!

Last edited:
FYI, seems his football conference is for AAA schools, in a system that goes up to AAAAAA. So, he comes from a small school. May be the reason there is little info on him and why he looks to dominate his competition.

FYI, seems his football conference is for AAA schools, in a system that goes up to AAAAAA. So, he comes from a small school. May be the reason there is little info on him and why he looks to dominate his competition.
is AAA small or medium? half full or half empty?

is this guy a potential d-end? his size reminds me a bit of dwight the fright (dare i say)