Duke game tailgate | Syracusefan.com

Duke game tailgate

Hey 30 bucks! Sounds just atrocious

Trust me when you cater the price goes up.

We did our BBQ, hoffmans w/beer and soda for $20 a person in Houston. A caterer would've charged $30-35 plus a cash bar.

Last edited:
OrangeYaGladi said:
Hey 30 bucks! Sounds just atrocious

Ripoff. DinoBBQ is 1/2 that minus the drink ticket.

Bummed this doesn't start till 4pm.
Gates at the Dome open at 4:30... and any smart person will want to be heading inside by 5:15 to avoid what will be terrible lines after about 5:45.

Besides, the dome backcourt is really not a bad "tailgate" place.
We're lucky to have that kind of setup... certainly one of a kind.

Zippy1808 said:
Bummed this doesn't start till 4pm. Gates at the Dome open at 4:30... and any smart person will want to be heading inside by 5:15 to avoid what will be terrible lines after about 5:45. Besides, the dome backcourt is really not a bad "tailgate" place. We're lucky to have that kind of setup... certainly one of a kind.

Should start at 3. I agree.

All valid points here.

I've seen the shirts and let me tell you they aren't those low quality Gilden shirts you see all over the place or given away for free (they even have XXXL for you big bone types). They are the good cotton blend type that treats your skin right. A shirt like that would easily retail for $15 to $20. Throw in an adult beverage that would run you at least $5 in certain places. Add a few bucks for soda.

So you can stuff yourself to get you to at least halftime if you are going to the game.

Plus, this might be the deal maker...there will be some former players there for autograph, photo opps, and conversation. Rosie Bouie, Preston Shumpert, Eric Devendorf for sure. Danny Schayes, Marty Byrnes, John Wallace, Otis Hill, Gene Waldron, Rex Trobridge and many others as strong possibilities. I wouldn't be surprised if there were 20 to 30 former players. Perhaps the biggest collection of former players ever available to the general public. Not to sound like an informercial, but I know there are other players you want to see but I won't name drop them. But, they might show up. Also, as you can imagine there is limited capacity and it isn't 35,012.

I'd recommend to get there right at 4 as most if not all will be leaving by 5:30 for the game.

So for $30 you're not doing so bad. Now if you come for the viewing party too, you'll be making out like a bandit stuffing your pieholes. And if you don't mind getting some exercise, there are plenty of free parking spots north of M Street.

Check out facebook.com/suhoops as well for player updates and feel free to "like" the page.

Speaking of tailgating...

Is there anywhere on the hill that a group of 10 or so could set up a tailgate assuming that the weather is reasonable for CNY? I am a season ticket holder, but do not have a parking pass. If I paid for one of the lots on Adams could we get a small grill going and enjoy some cold beers? Anyone have any experience? How early do those lots open?

All ears for other ideas. Would love to make a day of it and avoid the madness at the bars!

Last edited:
The last game I went to that was the ESPN feature game of the day was Nova when we were both top five. We got to the hill at 11 and the bar we were in was shoulder to shoulder people by very quickly. We made the mistake of leaving to get something to eat and couldn't get back into any bars. We ended up crashing some type of private party in the Sheraton lobby area and even that was unbelievably crowded. We are going up to the Duke game and plan to arrive around the same time. We are also going to this tailgate since it is a limited number of people. The shirt, food and drink are well worth the price to avoid the places on and around Marshall that will be seriously out of control even if we are only there for on hour and a half.

Speaking of tailgating...

Is there anywhere on the hill that a group of 10 or so could set up a tailgate assuming that the weather is reasonable for CNY? I am a season ticket holder, but do not have a parking pass. If I paid for one of the lots on Adams could we get a small grill going and enjoy some cold beers? Anyone have any experience? How early do those lots open?

All ears for other ideas. Would love to make a day of it and avoid the madness at the bars!

You can tailgate at any of the local parking lots along Adams. Just bring a small, gas grill and don't mess with charcoal. Don't cook anything that takes too long as your grill won't get as hot. Coneys and brats work fine. If the snow lets up and the lots are clear... it should be fun.

The way out forecast sez 40 and sun...yeah right (we never have that luck)! LOL Looks like it is going to be cold for the next 10 days or so and start to warm up just before the Duke game. crossing fingers for you.

I just signed up for 2. Never been able to make a Fine Lot tailgate for football because I have to park at Skytop disabled. Looks like they've made good shuttle arrangements for that. Hope I finally get a chance to meet some of you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom