Orangeyes Daily Articles for Saturday - Duke Pregame Articles and Videos | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Saturday Duke Pregame Articles and Videos

What I'm about to say has a small connection to Duke, however I watched Georgetown at Loyola last night, which turned out to be a 13-12 win for G'Town in a tense game with runs for both teams, anyway I watched the Georgetown vs Duke highlights on YouTube as I was impressed with the Hoyas and they ran the blue devils very close 15-13 last weekend, I hope Desko watched the tape!

I know Cuse have a historical dislike for Georgetown but I really enjoyed watching them, their offence is very energetic and don't hold on to the ball for long, apparently without their top point scorer #24 Peter Conley they coped very well against another top 10 team in Loyola, their Attack of Stephen Quinzi (Pittsford, NY) Reilly O'Connor (Hill Acad) and a great dodger, feeder and finisher in Bo Stafford (Brunswick) he turned the corner a number of times from X to create his own shot or find the open man. They have depth in midfield with mutiple scorers and their freshman Craig Burge will be a star for years to come, it seems like the change in coach is starting to see their recruits come through and make an impact.

On a final note they are also narrowly lost to Notre Dame 14-12 in an early season meeting, but that's next weeks opponents! They play Marquette on say who are another in-form team, it should be a great game which could elevate Georgetowns seeding.

Last edited:
Syracuse's Ben Williams, Albany's Rachel Bowles added to Tewaaraton lacrosse watch lists (PS: Kramer)

2015-03-01-sm-sulacrosse03jpg-061e309fd143743a.jpg

Syracuse Lacrosse: Previewing the Duke Blue Devils (Nunes)

GettyImages-169563522.0.jpg

The Duke Blue Devils come to town on Sunday to face off with the Syracuse Orange. Duke is 7-1 while the Orange sit with a perfect 6-0. This will be just the second time in history that Duke will play in the Carrier Dome...

Umm what? - "We will probably see long-stick midfielder Scott Loy shadowing Myles for a significant amount of the game, forcing the attack to make plays."

LOL wow.

Umm what? - "We will probably see long-stick midfielder Scott Loy shadowing Myles for a significant amount of the game, forcing the attack to make plays."

LOL wow.

Doh!

Syracuse, Duke Collide Sunday (Cuse.com)

Top-ranked Syracuse (6-0, 1-0 ACC) welcomes No. 4 Duke (7-1, 0-0 ACC) to the Carrier Dome for just the second time when it hosts the Blue Devils in a 12:30 p.m. Atlantic Coast Conference game on Sunday, March 22. The Orange already has one ACC win under its belt, a 15-9 victory against Virginia. Sunday's game is Duke's ACC opener.

At 6-0, the Orange is one of three remaining unbeaten teams in Division I lacrosse after holding off Johns Hopkins for a 13-10 victory last weekend. North Carolina and Marquette are the other unbeatens.

The Blue Devils have won five straight since losing to Denver on Feb. 14, including a 15-13 triumph at Georgetown last Saturday.

The Otto's Grove game preview, courtesy of JeremyCuse http://.com/titans-clash-as-syracuse-lacrosse-hosts-duke/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom