Duke | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Duke

Better? Maybe a bit. Not much. They're not one of the best teams. I don't care how much NBA talent they have. We're 20 games in. At this point I'm looking past recruiting class rankings and looking at the results.

Sure, look past recruiting and look at results and I still don't see how they're not better.

I shiver thinking about how much worse we would get embarrassed if Lydon wasn't playing like a top 10 college player. I'm not sure how it will translate at the next level (I do think he'll stick as a pro) but he's tuned out all the noise and absolutely been ballin' the last couple games.

Lydon has been playing extremely well since Gtown, but top-10 is seriously pushing it. He'll be 2nd team All-ACC at best.

Sure, look past recruiting and look at results and I still don't see how they're not better.

This has to be a joke... we have 3 guys who could start or even be duke bench players. Battle, Lydon, and yes Roberson as a role player/rebounder. Not one other player would make the Duke or UNC roster.

If I recall people being upset that Duke was ahead of us preseason and people posting in detail how we would crush Kentucky.

I believe I also said Ucla and Creighton being ranked was an embarrassment to the polls, oops.

I believe I also said Ucla and Creighton being ranked was an embarrassment to the polls, oops.

Wasn't just you brother. Even the "pessimistic" guys around here thought we had something this year.

This has to be a joke... we have 3 guys who could start or even be duke bench players. Battle, Lydon, and yes Roberson as a role player/rebounder. Not one other player would make the Duke or UNC roster.
Andrew white and Thompson also

It really stinks Grayson Allen is having such a bad year because he's going to be back next year. Wish we could say the same about Lydon.

Andrew white and Thompson also

I think I prob disagree on both. TT was a top 100 recruit but probably never even got a look from Duke and they probably wouldn't replace anyone from what we've seen so far. I guess you could debate White for pure shooting but Duke has plenty of shooters that aren't so bad on D and rebounding and below average driving. So my opinion would still be neither... they'd love to have Battle or Lydon and they have plenty of shooters so they'd either start or at least play Robey.

Duke is nothing great this year. Not sure they're better than us. We both beat Miami by about the same margain. Miami is really down compared to the past few years.

Right now, I agree. I hope we're saying the same in March.

Edit; I skipped over the "not sure they're better than us" part. I don't agree there.

Last edited:
It really stinks Grayson Allen is having such a bad year because he's going to be back next year. Wish we could say the same about Lydon.

I hope not, the college bball world is sick of him, go trip guys over in Spain.

Peope need to get over the TT love. He is probably the worst defensive player that has come along at SU in a long time. He also has no idea about how to play within an offense. He's an ok scorer, not great. He's soft and lazy. He's not someone that you can count on in big moment.

Right now, I agree. I hope we're saying the same in March.

Edit; I skipped over the "not sure they're better than us" part. I don't agree there.

Ehh they'll make the tournament, but I was looking at ACC results. At what point should you look past recruiting rankings. That's the only reason people still think Duke has a chance to be good.

Ehh they'll make the tournament, but I was looking at ACC results. At what point should you look past recruiting rankings. That's the only reason people still think Duke has a chance to be good.

Remember when recruiting rankings were used to rationalize the idea that Duke could be a wire-to-wire #1 or have a one- or two-loss season? I think you were on my side of the fence in that argument, I wish I could find the thread.

As predicted, great recruiting rankings don't come with a crown. Not at all surprised that Duke hasn't been dominant.

Remember when recruiting rankings were used to rationalize the idea that Duke could be a wire-to-wire #1 or have a one- or two-loss season? I think you were on my side of the fence in that argument, I wish I could find the thread.

As predicted, great recruiting rankings don't come with a crown. Not at all surprised that Duke hasn't been dominant.

Yep! No PG and Grayson Allen is making Trevor Cooney look like Reggie Miller this year.

Peope need to get over the TT love. He is probably the worst defensive player that has come along at SU in a long time. He also has no idea about how to play within an offense. He's an ok scorer, not great. He's soft and lazy. He's not someone that you can count on in big moment.
Let's run this up the flagpole again. :rolling:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom