Dumas says Mali Gone | Syracusefan.com

Dumas says Mali Gone

sure hope (for his sake) he doesn't hire an agent - he absolutely should test the waters and stay in if he's got a 1st round guarantee
It would be such a huge mistake. He has NBA skill, but he lacks in consistency. Makes me sad when these guys leave early and we know where they are headed, straight to the D-league.

wouldn't blame him if he left, it's the freakin NBA, but sure hope he stays at least one more year

Richardson isn't NBA ready. I honestly try to be as objective as I can about our players. He is poor defensively. His skill set offensively tho is 1st rounder. I think he is gonna leave but he's a fringe first rounder. I would test the waters if im him and get a gist of where I stand. If he gets the guaranteed first rounder and that guaranteed contract is enough for him, then I can't blame him. IMO, he makes A LOT more money in the long run if he comes back for another year. He could be a lottery pick next year

Fortunately he doesn't have to rely on those folks for an unbiased opinion on his chances in the draft.
well - yes and no - they could have him so convinced that gets an agent before the actual eval process

daniel-bryan-no-o.gif

Hopefully Mali has a trusted circle he can get counsel from to help him make as informed decision as possible...as a fan would love to see him back but with no visibility into other elements that could influence his decision...his family, money, etc I won't judge if he pulls the trigger...but will just wish him best of luck

PG: Howard
SG: Battle
F: Lydon
F: Roberson
C: Coleman

F: Moyer
C: Chukwu
G: Joseph

sure hope (for his sake) he doesn't hire an agent - he absolutely should test the waters and stay in if he's got a 1st round guarantee
There's no reason any marginal first round type should be hiring an agent before getting an NBA evaluation.

This is the point, i believe, of the new evaluation period. Dozens of people will attend, and the best will leave. The rest will return.

There's no reason any marginal first round type should be hiring an agent before getting an NBA evaluation.
agreed, but you still see it happen

Some guys thrive without a plan B. Maybe he burns the boats and hires an agent.

agreed, but you still see it happen
Under the old rules, for sure. Hopefully the new rules will cut down on this. It's not like there is a time limit on hiring an agent. Agents will be out there.

Under the old rules, for sure. Hopefully the new rules will cut down on this. It's not like there is a time limit on hiring an agent. Agents will be out there.
yep, but I'm afraid there will always be agents whispering sweet nothings into the ears of players and their families - regardless of new or old rules and when in the process it is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom