Dungey Injured? | Syracusefan.com

Dungey Injured?

cuse309

Ace recruiting beat reporter
The .com is reporting that Dungey was not made available for interviews today, as Coach Babers said he was receiving treatment for an injury. When asked if he would be playing Saturday, Babers refused to answer, stating, "We're not going to talk about injuries."
Concern level?

I am completely unconvinced of this sentiment.
Actually, ND can't tackle and Mahoney is a better runner. Not that I want Dungey to be injured, but even before this came out I was wondering if Mahoney gets some looks. We could do some damage in the ground game.

That being said, I'd rather it be done by choice, as part of a game plan rather than being forced to run Mahoney out there...

Actually, ND can't tackle and Mahoney is a better runner. Not that I want Dungey to be injured, but even before this came out I was wondering if Mahoney gets some looks. We could do some damage in the ground game.

That being said, I'd rather it be done by choice, as part of a game plan rather than being forced to run Mahoney out there...

If Dungey plays, Mahoney will not get any looks.

The .com is reporting that Dungey was not made available for interviews today, as Coach Babers said he was receiving treatment for an injury. When asked if he would be playing Saturday, Babers refused to answer, stating, "We're not going to talk about injuries."
Concern level?
Concern level is high re the long term future. Of him and the team this year. But short term it is low as I think Mahoney can do well just like last year and who knows. Bring on da Sheriff!

Feeling queasy. This was my biggest fear going into this season.
Yeah me too, finally got to watch the game last night (thanks Godcuseteam!), and I didn't like the nature of the hits he took.

Hopefully it's just bumps and bruises type thing (though I'd have a hard time seeing how that would keep him out) and not what he dealt with last year that I was told here often he wasn't dealing with but turns out he was dealing with...:confused::mad::noidea:

If Mahoney starts, 3 of 5 starts will be against Clemson, LSU and ND. That is some impressive game experience against a who's who of college football.

I doubt it's serious, I posted this in the daily articles too... Literally 25-35% of our roster gets treatment directly before or after practice on a weekly basis. Treatment could be for a sore hammy, mild sprains or rolled ankles.

It could also be for serious things, but, typically those guys have treatment schedules that don't center around practice times. If it was serious, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be getting treatment AFTER practice because he wouldn't be practicing.

I doubt it's serious, I posted this in the daily articles too... Literally 25-35% of our roster gets treatment directly before or after practice on a weekly basis. Treatment could be for a sore hammy, mild sprains or rolled ankles.

It could also be for serious things, but, typically those guys have treatment schedules that don't center around practice times. If it was serious, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be getting treatment AFTER practice because he wouldn't be practicing.
Was kind of thinking the same. His hand seemed to bother him a bit in the UConn game. He was shaking it out a lot, and stretching his fingers a lot.

Not to mention, he plays the QB position. The one position that wears a red jersey during practices and isn't touched. Hopefully it's just a bruise and not an ankle/knee sprain.

DEFCON 4. No more than a double take.

I guess that explains why Dungey seemed to make a lot of throws against UConn that were duds -- uncharacteristic of him when healthy.

I remember him hitting his hand on a defenders helmet while throwing a pass in the second half against USF. Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I remember thinking that was why he floated his passes after that.

I remember him hitting his hand on a defenders helmet while throwing a pass in the second half against USF. Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I remember thinking that was why he floated his passes after that.
That may explain what I found odd for him. His shorter passes that required a gentle touch to rb's, and in the flats seemed off. They sailed on him, were underthrown, or just looked plain ugly leaving his hand. The deep routes where he hauls back and lets it rip seemed fine. I'm not an athletic trainer, but it would seem that the shorter passes with touch would be more difficult to throw with a hand injury, than a bomb to AET that he just launches and lets AET do the work to come down with it.

He was shaking his throwing hand in the game. Probably just needs some TLC.