Dungey | Syracusefan.com

Dungey

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
I am a 57 year old lawyer who can no longer throw a baseball or come close to touching the rim.

My days of collecting baseball cards have long since passed.

But, I have to admit - Eric Dungey is my hero.

The guy has talent and guts and toughness. His intensity is masked by his understated interviews, but he is a true competitor. And we saw that today on the INT - when the referees failed to give the Orange the free play it deserved.

He said a few weeks ago that he approaches every game with a chip on his shoulder - and that's the truth.

He has just begun to re-write the Syracuse University Football record book and I look forward to watching him play on the Hill for the next two and half years.

What a player.

I am a 57 year old lawyer who can no longer throw a baseball or come close to touching the rim.

The guy has talent and guts and toughness. His intensity is masked by his understated interviews, but he is a true competitor. And we saw that today on the INT - when the referees failed to give the Orange the free play it deserved.

He said a few weeks ago that he approaches every game with a chip on his shoulder - and that's the truth.

He has just begun to re-write the Syracuse University Football record book and I look forward to watching him play on the Hill for the next two and half years.

What a player.
HARUMPH!!!

he takes a lickin' and keeps on a ticking

Broun_Woodie.jpg

You should do what I did when I was a little kid and couldn't touch the rim -- ask your Dad to lower the rim to 8 feet for you so you can throw down some sink dunks.

What a player.
Shades of Jim Kelly on that tackle

TexanMark and I were standing on the sidelines for game 3 (C. Mich.) of Eric Dungey's FR. campaign. The physical ability was obvious, both of us noted how impressed we were with the running and throwing ability of an 18 yr. old. We both noted that the next 4 years were going to be special with him at the helm (pre-Dino obviously). Although we weren't sure how special.

His toughness and competitiveness were not apparent yet. They are now.

I looked at Mark, I believe the drive before he was hurt that game, and told him that ED had "it".

I've been sold on him since the start, as have many others.

Enjoy the next 2.33 years, because it's difficult to find someone like this. He's an absolute joy to watch. And, without a doubt, a WINNER.

You never know when you'll catch lightning in a bottle. When you do, you better appreciate it.

Who would've guessed that we'd be lucky enough to see him paired with Dino Babers.

Say what you want about arm strength, I disagree. He'll have an opportunity to play on Sunday's.

I can't emphasize enough how excited I am to watch him lead this charge through 2018. We were lucky to find him and lucky to get him. Even though he's gone, you may want to write Tim Lester a thank you note, this was all his guy.

TexanMark and I were standing on the sidelines for game 3 (C. Mich.) of Eric Dungey's FR. campaign. The physical ability was obvious, both of us noted how impressed we were with the running and throwing ability of an 18 yr. old. We both noted that the next 4 years were going to be special with him at the helm (pre-Dino obviously). Although we weren't sure how special.

I looked at Mark, I believe the drive before he was hurt that game, and told him that ED had "it".

Enjoy the next 2.33 years, because it's difficult to find someone like this. He's an absolute joy to watch. And, without a doubt, a WINNER.

You never know when you'll catch lightning in a bottle. When you do, you better appreciate it.

Who would've guessed that we'd be lucky enough to see him paired with Dino Babers.

Say what you want about arm strength, I disagree. He'll have an opportunity to play on Sunday's.

I can't emphasize enough how excited I am to watch him lead this charge through 2018. We were lucky to find him and lucky to get him. Even though he's gone, you may want to write Tim Lester a thank you note, this was all his guy.
And thank the Pac 12 for not being smart enough to recruit him.

Depite all the impressive plays my favorite Dungey moment was the skirmish on the sidelines.

The kid throws a pick, then busts his ass to run down the ball carrier, wraps up and manhandles him into the ground with anger, looks up to see a BC player taunting him, stands up and pushes that guy off, and then proceedes to walk towards 2 BC players as if to say "You want some of this?" yet was still restrained enough to maintain composure and not get another flag.

I didn't even care about the flag there. It was a huge symbolic moment, Dungey the leader with his entire team behind him.

I love that kid and so does the team.

It's a great time to be a Cuse fan.

(And to think after Wake I didn't think we'd win another game)

Depite all the impressive plays my favorite Dungey moment was the skirmish on the sidelines.

The kid throws a pick, then busts his ass to run down the ball carrier, wraps up and manhandles him into the ground with anger, looks up to see a BC player taunting him, stands up and pushes that guy off, and then proceedes to walk towards 2 BC players as if to say "You want some of this?" yet was still restrained enough to maintain composure and not get another flag.

I didn't even care about the flag there. It was a huge symbolic moment, Dungey the leader with his entire team behind him.

Now this is a post I agree with ! Great post !

Couldn't agree more. Loved the fire that Dungey showed on that play.

Agree with everything. Even so, I'd love to see him clean up his mechanics over the next couple of years.

Great post. He's a warrior and we are lucky to have him. I am one who (gasp) questions his arm strength and his ability to play on Sunday but that does not matter now nor for this system currently with Babers. He's a baller. LGO!

Great post. He's a warrior and we are lucky to have him. I am one who (gasp) questions his arm strength and his ability to play on Sunday but that does not matter now nor for this system currently with Babers. He's a baller. LGO!
Geno Smith is in the NFL.

What a player.
I can still touch the net, I think... Jim Gott told me my 90mph fastball with no control was "intimidating," but I can't hit the wastebasket with a q-tip while sitting on the throne, these days. Yeah, I like Eric, too.

Did anyone else notice him going at his O-linemen after some of the penalties? He was fired up.
Yep... after the 10th false start or so he was going after 65 or 63..? Strickland had to tap him on the shoulder to get him to pay attention to the sideline for the play call.

I feel like last week either the coaching staff had some epiphany about designed runs for Dungey or Dungey had some epiphany about the offense which made him 10x more comfortable because has looked sooooo much more comfortable running the ball the last two weeks. The first 6 games I was wondering where last year's Dungey who was such a natural runner had gone to and I was starting to wonder if he did get AROB'd by all the hits. However that guy came back with a vengeance last week. I think Babers spent the first 6 games trying to prevent Dungey from running too preveht him from getting hurt and that was making Dungey tentative and more mechanical as a runner. Last two weeks it looks like Babers said fukit (in a good way not like mcfukit) a) we have no running game b) given we have no running game Dungey is going to get killed in the pocket c) if he's going to get killed in the pocket I might as well let him run so no we have a lot more option and other designed runs. The benefit is thd instinctive, natural runner from last week is back and Dungey seems much more comfortable in the pocket because he knows he has a green light to run.

I feel like last week either the coaching staff had some epiphany about designed runs for Dungey or Dungey had some epiphany about the offense which made him 10x more comfortable because has looked sooooo much more comfortable running the ball the last two weeks. The first 6 games I was wondering where last year's Dungey who was such a natural runner had gone to and I was starting to wonder if he did get AROB'd by all the hits. However that guy came back with a vengeance last week. I think Babers spent the first 6 games trying to prevent Dungey from running too preveht him from getting hurt and that was making Dungey tentative and more mechanical as a runner. Last two weeks it looks like Babers said fukit (in a good way not like mcfukit) a) we have no running game b) given we have no running game Dungey is going to get killed in the pocket c) if he's going to get killed in the pocket I might as well let him run so no we have a lot more option and other designed runs. The benefit is thd instinctive, natural runner from last week is back and Dungey seems much more comfortable in the pocket because he knows he has a green light to run.

I think they realized they can't run how it get want, so they adjusted to let him run more. Kid is an adrenaline junkie and it gets him going.

Plus - I think he's reading the field and getting better at knowing where to throw quickly.

I remember during summer camp - 2015 - when Scott Shafer would mention Eric's name, a big smile would cross his face - he would try to contain it but found it hard to do.

He knew that the kid was special from the start.

And it became pretty obvious to the fans when he was asked to take over minutes after the opening KO in game one last year.

I wonder how much run he would have gotten had Hunt not got hurt, would they have RS him completely , but where would he be now without last years playing time to accelerate the growth

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom